Chapter 22 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Sir ....please I was just paid by someone. Don't hurt me. I don't even know him. Please I can't hurt someone especially the Kim's. He just paid me to put that thing at the front gate. Please..I don't want to hurt someone.." pleaded by a man which blindfolded, handcuffed and lighted in a dark room. While a man in a black suite is sitting towards him questioning him for an hour now.

"Ms. Kim, he's Jun Baek, a beggar, his wife died a year ago, he's from the other city. He has one daughter, currently admitted at a hospital due to heart problems, urgently needs an operation...the payment was still not enough" Mr. Choi explained briefly.

Taeyeon with Mr. Choi were standing outside a room where they can see the handcuffed man crying behind the window glass. Mr. Choi glance at her and she has that unexplainable face, he thought she's not blinking. 

"Ms. Kim?..." Mr. Choi tried to get her attention.

"Mr. Choi, they're using too many people" Taeyeon finally responded after a couple of minutes just watching the man.

"Yes, we also observed that Ms. Kim. They used people mostly living in the street or financially needed badly. They are all paid big Ms. Kim." Taeyeon glance at him.

"So did Mr. Baek could describe the man who give him the deal?"

"Yes Ms. Kim and it was not so different. The 5 yr. Old kid describes that it was a chubby man with black shade eye glasses with a hat. The lanky woman describes that it was a tall old man, a vendor of ice cream. Then, the three armed man we caught lately described that it was a tall man in suit with dark shades and a hat. While, Mr. Baek here describes he's an average skinny man still with the dark suite and black shades." Mr. Choi dictated all the suspects related to the Kim's case.

" They're helping them..." Taeyeon's eyebrows met. 

"I think so too Ms. Kim, but in a not good way...What should we do with him Ms Kim?"

Taeyeon checked her phone, there's a message from Jessica.

"Mr. Choi, ask him what hospital his daughter was admitted. Then, make their bills become zero." Taeyeon walks out slowly at the interrogation room. While, Mr. Choi just smiled a little, glad on what Taeyeon commanded him.

'Kim Taeyeon? Where are you? Dad just released a news' - Jessica

=============================

Tiffany is currently constructing her new dress design while sitting in the couch in her office. She felt relax to do it on the couch while sipping her favorite coffee. Her phone suddenly vibrated.

'Tiff? Still at the office?' -Khun

Tiffany just put the phone at the table without replying she didn't want to be distracted and continue on what she was doing, but her phone vibrated again. She checked it again.

'You didn't eat dinner. Gonna fetch you there. Text me when you're done.' -Khun

Tiffany didn't bother to reply and just get back to her work. However, after a minute her phone vibrated again. "Urghhhh.." Tiffany angrily picked her phone again.

'Tiff I know you're busy but please just check the news just this once' - Soo

Tiffany sighed and put her work at the table and picked the remote to switched on the large screen at her office then it was already directed to the news. 

"Jung-Kwon partnership was already broke off. It was stated by Mr. Jung on a private press conference this morning. The two companies is on a verge of war. Mr. Jung stated all the wrong doings of the Kwon's to their company for years...." Tiffany frozed while watching the news.

"...The Kwon's still didn't have a statement about the big issue. However, Mr. Jung also already stated that he already broke off the engagement of his daughter to Mr. Tyler Kwon to cut all connec.." 

Tiffany rushedly called Sooyoung.

"Hey, Soo? That was so sudden.." Tiffany said confusedly.

"Yes, It was really suspicious Tiff..." Sooyoung replied to the other line.

"Where's Yuri? Did she already know the news?" 

"Uhm I don't know but she's not answering can you call her?" 

"Okay I will call her, bye Soo"

"Bye Tiff, call me again later."

Tiffany ended the call and ringed Yuri's phone but it seems it can't be contacted. She dialed another number.

"Hel...lo Tiff..y? Wait .."

"Hyo? Where are you? Why is it so loud there?" 

"Yes Tiff?!"

"Where are you? Is Yuri with you??"

"At the Express 999 Club Tiff. Yeah, Yuri's ....hey waitt just a second..Yuri's with me.."

"Geez Hyo you're drunk. I will gonna go there. Right now." 

"Tiff no, I'm fine, Yuri's fine. We are not kids anymore nowmmm..Ti-" the call suddenly ended. 

"Urgh..Hyo?!" Tiffany rushedly fix her work while calling Sooyoung again.

"Hello, Tiff?"

"Express 999 Club Soo, right now"

Tiffany rushedly locked her office.

"Copy Tiffy" Sooyoung replied.

=============================

Taeyeon is currently sitting inside her car while watching the news. She never thought Mr. Jung will broke the deal with the Kwon's too early. Possibly, her engagement with Jessica will be announced earlier this month. 

Taeyeon locked her phone and throw it at the other seat then she lean her head at the car seat. The Jung's are giving her more headache but still it was her responsibility because she willingly help her friend, she just want everyone to be safe and happy. She opened her eyes, then it hits her. The truth hurts that she have no one that makes her safe and happy, she only have herself. Tears running down on both of her eyes as she closed it again. 'Don't let your emotion affects you' She opened her eyes, her father's word always reminds her, never be weak. She starts her car and drove off somewhere.

"Kim? Where are you?" Jessica voice echoed on her ears.

"Going to the club Sica, just gonna meet you tomorrow again"

"Okay Taeyeon...Please be careful..and stay safe"

"I will..thanks"

Taeyeon dialed a number again.

"Hello Mr. Choi, I will be at the club....thanks"

============================

Tiffany and Sooyoung just arrived on the club. Entering inside, too many people was on the center dancing and partying but mostly those people are big time. Business man, celebrities and known artists. 

"Tiff????" Soo shouted while still following Tiffany inside the crowd.

"Just stick with me Soo! And find Yuri!" Tiffany glanced at her back and shouted back.

"Aissh this Yuri monkey should not drag us here" Sooyoung whispered while glancing left and right. However, when she glanced again to the left side she found someone familiar. "Tiff! Wait!" She holds Tiffany arms tightly.

"Look...isn't that the nurse that Yuri knows in the hospital? She's pretty with that dress" 

"Uhm yeah, she looks gorgeous...Come on Soo" Tiffany drags Sooyoung towards the nurse.

"Hi!" Tiffany suddenly approached the nurse.

The nurse who's holding some drinks was surprised by a sudden greetings that just popped out of nowhere.

"Oh uhm Hi?" The nurse answered awkwardly.

"Where's Yuri? Are you with her?!" Sooyoung hurriedly asked her.

"Uhm yes she's with me, Come.." She already knows the two, not just at the hospital but she knows they're known in the whole South Korea. The nurse guided them on where Yuri is and it seems that they're going to the second floor, the VIP Lounge. There they found Yuri and Hyoyeon talking to some bunch of people.

"YURI!!!" Sooyoung suddenly shouted. People on Yuri's side suddenly loked at them. While Yuri just watched her drunkly.

"Hii Sooyoungieee!!" Yuri waved her both arms. Sooyoung just internally face palmed, Yuri is so embarassing right now.

"Hi Tiffy!!" While Hyoyeon stands and wave awkwardly to them. 

Tiffany and Sooyoung sit with them for a while after a few couple of minutes of conversing with the people around Yuri and Hyoyeon, only the four of them left at the table. Yuri stands and talk with the nurse.

"Hyo? What's with them? They're too close" Sooyoung eyeing the nurse and Yuri that seems too close. While Tiffany drink a small shot of tequila and shivered and also have a confused looked at the two seems like something is going on.

"Oh them? She's Juran, Yuri's college friend"

"Really?? How did it happen that Yuri's major in arts while that girl is in med school" Tiffany asked.

"Actually, she said they just met in a café and they clicked and they went out but not dating." Hyoyeon shrugged.

"That story was suspicious.." Sooyoung crossed her arms to her chest. Then they watched Yuri kissed the cheek of the Juran girl while holding her waist saying goodbye. Yuri then walked back to their table.

"And why did you just share that today?" Tiffany stared at Hyoyeon. 

"Uhm I a.." Hyoyeon tried to came up with a reason.

"So? What are the two of you doing here??" Yuri suddenly sit beside Hyoyeon while she drinks. 

"Well we are looking for you cause we have an important news just for you but I think it's not important now" Sooyoung crossed her arms to her chest and stared at Yuri.

"Owwkay, you can just tel...." Yuri suddenly loss consciousness in the middle of talking while Hyoyeon holds her fast to avoid a broken neck.

"Uhm I think that news will be delayed" Hyoyeon just sheepishly smiled.

"Aiishh, come on..." Sooyoung stands to help Hyoyeon bring Yuri.

"Guys gonna go to the restroom for a while. Just wait for me outside" Tiffany excused herself.

"Okay Tiff, we'll wait there" Sooyoung holds Yuri's right arm.

==========================
Tiffany open the girls restroom and it seems all stalls are not available. So, she went to the 3rd floor rest room. After fixing herself she went out rushedly and bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry..." Tiffany apologize quickly and holding the persons right shoulder.

"Hey it's okay....Tiffany??..Tiffany Hwang?" The guy suddenly looked surprised.

"Siwon?? Choi Siwon...Hi!" She smiled.

"It's great to see you again Ms. Tiffany. You look wow" Siwon suddenly eyed her weirdly.

"Uhm it's great to see you again Siwon-shi" Tiffany awkwardly smiled at him.

"Wait, are you just by yourself?" Siwon asked.

"I'm with my friends but they're outside now waiting for me" Tiffany was so uncomfortable right now, she just want to escape with this man. Siwon is an ex-model, they are co-wokers from other company before, Siwon was terminated because he was reported on harrasing some other models however he was proven not guilty that's why he's always the free man.

"Why just we talk about something first Ms. Tiffany?" Siwon suddenly holds her wrist tight while evily smiling at her then drag her somewhere, but before Tiffany was dragged she sees someone familiar at the corner of the bar and they quickly made an eye to eye contact for just a couple of seconds, it makes Tiffany forget to resist that she was drag by someone.