024

Beautiful Stranger

024

 

Sooyeon and Donghae found themselves walking hand in hand along the Pont des Arts bridge — the famous bridge where people from around the world used to put love locks on. Ever since she was a teenager, Sooyeon have always dreamed to go on a trip in Paris and put love locks on at the very same bridge where they are. Unfortunately, the padlocks have been taken down by the authorities. Nevertheless, the both of them enjoyed the view from the bridge since it was almost sunset.

 

"I was planning to buy a padlock where we can hang it here somewhere and throw the key into the river," Donghae began to tell her with a slightly disappointed. "Too bad it was taken down a few years ago."

 

"Just like what we did in Namsan Tower?" Sooyeon asked with her eyebrows raised and innocent eyes that made Donghae smile with a nod.

 

"That's okay, love!" she chirped as she clung her other hand to his arm. "The fact that we're walking along here this bridge already means a lot to me."

 

Donghae suddenly stopped on his tracks causing her to do the same. His eyes immediately flew to the view in front of them, the sun already kissing goodbye. Sooyeon turned her head towards the direction Donghae was looking at — the view leaving slightly opened in awe.

 

"It's so beautiful..." she muttered under her breath, eyes can't seem to leave the exquisite view of sunset before her.

 

"Nothing compared to you, though."

 

Her heart began to race wildly upon hearing those words coming from him. He was looking right at her when she turned her head to him. Both of their eyes met as he slowly leaned in towards her, making her whole world stop from spinning the moment he pressed his lips into her soft one. It was enough to leave her heart intensely fluttering and her knees grow weak causing her to hold onto his arms like her life depends on it.

 

Sooyeon's mind went completely blank. She just couldn't stop thinking how soft his lips felt against hers.

 

Right there.

 

In the middle of the bridge, Donghae kissed her in the most passionate way he could ever do as the sun slowly sets.

 

"I love you so much," he whispered, breaking the kiss as he struggled to catch his breath.

 

Her lips instantly curved into a smile as she gracefully wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him and resting her forehead on his chest.

 

"I love you even more, Hae."

 

"I'll definitely make our last night in Paris unforgettable..." he whispered right to her ear before planting a kiss on the top of her head.

 

"And how exactly are you going to do that, mister?" she questioned in a curious tone only to earn a smirk from her mischievous boyfriend.

 

Sooyeon would be kidding if she told she wasn't dying to know what that smirk means. It was all she could ever think about for the rest of that day that she even found herself struggling a bit from getting sleep because of her damn curiosity.

 

The next day came, Donghae and Sooyeon spent the whole morning on bed and just decided to go out from their hotel room when afternoon came to have lunch and to stroll around more. It was some time after lunch when the both of them agreed to pay Gardens of the Palace of Versailles a visit where they rode a bike together, took a lot more pictures and made the best out of their time. After all, it's not everyday you get the chance to be in Paris.

 

"Let's go try some macarons first before we go see Champs Élysées!" Sooyeon happily suggested, pulling Donghae towards a macarons place.

 

After what seemed like a tiring yet fun day, the love birds decided to munch on some macarons. Donghae just can't resist it when Sooyeon's trying to pull of her cuteness just to make him say yes

 

"Are you ready for tonight?" Donghae asked in the most casual tone as he watch her enjoying some pink macarons she ordered only because it was colored in pink.

 

"I hope you're aware that I couldn't sleep that much last night because of too much curiosity, Lee Donghae," Sooyeon replied and eyed him suspiciously. "I don't know why you're saving going to Eiffel Tower last!"

 

Donghae let out a small laugh, finding his girlfriend cute. She really does look cute when she's annoyed and frustrated causing him to sigh and smile right after.

 

"You're really cute, aren't you?" Donghae said, leaning in to gently wipe the corner of her lip with his thumb. "You just love everything French, don't you?"

 

Sooyeon's eyebrows raised in an instant in confusion.

 

"You love french macarons. You love french toasts, french fries and french kis" Sooyeon was able to cover his mouth quickly before he could even finish his sentence.

 

"Yah, Lee Donghae!"

 

Donghae couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. Her cheeks instantly turned rosy in embarrassment.

 

"Just kidding, love." he muttered, earning a death glare from Jung Sooyeon.

 

As promised, after they have enjoyed themselves with the heavenly french macarons, the both of them stopped by to see the great Champs Élysées. After taking some Instagram-worthy shots, Donghae and Sooyeon spent the rest of the day strolling around the city, going everywhere they could get. 

 

"Do you want to go to the tower now?"

 

The question alone made Sooyeon's heart race in excitement. She just could no longer wait to go there and find out what Donghae has been planning all along.

 

"What are we waiting for?" Sooyeon asked out of excitement. "Let's go!"

 

 

The sight of Paris from a closer perspective was even more beautiful than it looked like from afar. Sooyeon just can't take her eyes off of the tall tower that stood right before her. Her eyes were twinkling as she looked at the tower with so much amazement.

 

"Do you want me to take a picture of you?" Donghae asked, holding a Polaroid camera.

 

"Can you???" Sooyeon chirped like a little girl, causing Donghae to let out a small laugh because of her cuteness as he nodded his head.

 

After a few shots, Sooyeon ran back towards her and snatched the Polaroid camera from his hand. "Let's take a Polaroid together!"

 

"You ready, love?" he whispered to her ear before looking intently at her.

 

The look he was giving was enough for her to feel the familiar butterflies in her stomach as her heart began to pound heavily in her chest. Not knowing what she should be ready for, she nodded her head with a smile.

 

"Never been this ready."

 

The both of them immediately headed straight to the elevators that got Sooyeon wondering.

 

"Aren't we going to fall in line first?" she asked cluelessly.

 

Donghae's lips curved into a smile, "I already got everything prepared for this, baby." he says, winking at her before mouthing gotchu.  Sooyeon let out a laugh after finding him so cute when he did that. She could feel her heart fluttering nonstop because of everything that is going on. Lee Donghae really came to this extent just to fulfill her dreams and happiness.

 

"Oh my goodness..."

 

It was all Sooyeon could utter the moment they reached the second floor of the tower, jaw almost dropping on the floor. Of course, there's no way that the couple would waste the opportunity to snap some memories that they were there.

 

"Tell me this is all real..." Sooyeon muttered under her breath, completely mesmerized. "I'm not dreaming, right?" 

 

You can see the whole city of Paris in a panoramic view by just standing there in the platform. The host was kind enough to orient the both of them about the landmarks that they could see from up there. After a few minutes, they finally headed up towards the summit.

 

 

"Did you have fun?" 

 

It was the first thing Donghae could ever say after the tower experience. Her happiness was radiating that he could see it by the look on her beautiful face to which her smile wouldn't leave from. Without any hesitations and even answering his question, Sooyeon happily wrapped her arms around Donghae's neck. She was feeling all sorts of emotion that she couldn't take in one go. Everything is just so damn perfect.

 

"You have no idea how happy I am right now."

 

The both of them were standing right in front of the Eiffel Tower with the lights glimmering. The air was cold but the warmth coming from Donghae made it bearable for Sooyeon. The time she pulled away from him was the exact moment he reached for her hands.

 

Donghae's hands felt cold against hers that made her a bit worried and confused at the same time with the look he was giving her.

 

"Love?"

 

His eyes automatically locked on Sooyeon's. It was as if his eyes were speaking a language that she couldn't figure out. 

 

"I've been really looking forward to this day, Sooyeon-ah..." he began to say. "I have it planned a long time ago. I know I promised you to make our last night in Paris an unforgettable one and now I'm keeping it."

 

"B-But you just did..."

 

Donghae flashed a knowing smile as he slowly let go her left hand to reach for his pocket. Is there something more? It was the question that lingered in Sooyeon's mind, completely confused about what's happening. But when she looked at him, her eyes instantly widened in disbelief when Donghae went down on his knee and the next thing Sooyeon knew, he's holding a diamond ring in front of her.

 

"Y-Yah, Lee Donghae..."

 

"I can no longer imagine life without you, Sooyeon. It broke me when you left and I just know that I couldn't let you go away from me ever again. There's no one else I'm willing to spend the rest of my life with but you."

 

Tears were starting to form in the corner of her eyes as she absorbed every word that came out from his mouth. So this was what he has been planning all along. Her heart was beating so fast that she feared it would explode anytime soon. Lee Donghae is totally giving her too much feelings.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

And just like that, the rain came pouring down. The people around started running to find some place to shed themselves but the both of them remained where they stood. Sooyeon gazed into his hopeful eyes, totally ignoring the fact that they were getting drenched from the rain. She smiled while ugly crying. obviously couldn't contain herself from getting so emotional.

 

"Love, please don't cry..."

 

"How can I not cry?!" she exclaimed. "You're asking me to marry you in front of the Eiffel Tower, for goodness' sake!"

 

Donghae was already teary-eyed but he managed to let out a nervous laugh because of her silliness. 

 

"So?"

 

"Of course!" Sooyeon replied.

 

"What?"

 

"YES!" she shouted. "I'll marry you!"

 

Thousands of emotions filled Donghae's eyes but one of them stood out: happiness. He carefully slid the ring into her finger and pulled her in for a passionate kiss under the rain.

 

"I swear to God, I love you so much." he uttered after pulling from the kiss, staring deeply into her glimmering eyes.

 

"Je t'aime plus que jamais." Sooyeon's lips curved into a smile. "Really an unforgettable night." she added. [translation: I love you more than ever]

 

Lee Donghae just really made it an unforgettable night for her.

 

"You know I'd do anything for you, love." he replied, smile not leaving his face.

 

"Thank you for making me the happiest."

 

Donghae looked at her with so much love in his eyes. "You deserve all the love and happiness in this world, Jung Sooyeon. I love you."

 

_______

 

and after months of being away, i wrote again :) ily to everyone who are still reading this fanfic.