019

Beautiful Stranger

019

Perfect would be an understatement if you were to ask Donghae how it felt to wake up seeing Sooyeon’s beautiful serene face first thing in the morning. He really didn’t expect her to give in just like that when he asked her to spend the night with him. Waking up seeing her beside him is the one of the most perfect things that has happened in his life.

He didn’t want to wake her up for she still looks like having a really nice sleep. Even when she’s sleeping, she’s smiling. Is she dreaming? He thought so. She even giggled in her dreams and it made him more entertained and amused to watch her sleep. Everything about her is way beyond perfection that he has already ran out of words to relate with beautiful, perfect and gorgeous so it wouldn’t sound too cliché for her. But then, there ain’t no other words to describe the way Jung Sooyeon is.

Donghae couldn’t believe how this woman managed to get him into her hands. He couldn’t even believe himself how she managed to drive him crazy when she left. Man, he really thought the idea of coming back to the mainland won’t cross her mind. Thank God, it did. As he stared at her face, he already knew that this woman right in front of him is the one. Yes, the one. Back then, he would always imagine what it is like having a life with Sooyeon as husband and wife. He would imagine how great it would be having kids with her. He would always imagine growing old with her because basically, that’s what he wants to do.

Ever since he met Sooyeon, everything changed. His views changed, his perception changed and even the way he look at the world changed. Having Sooyeon beside him is life-changing. Everything changed except for one thing ─ he will never fall out of love for her.

Donghae snapped back to reality when Sooyeon shifted which caused her to open her eyes as the rays of the sun hit her face. The sun illuminating her milky white skin was blinding. She was wearing a sleeveless shirt and he doesn’t really have any idea that there are still some clothes of her left in his place. He only discovered it last night when she just walked out of her old room wearing her clothes.

He must admit, every time he looks at her, there’s this urge inside him wanting to just hug and cuddle with her all day. If it wasn’t for work then he’d be willing to do it.

Sooyeon turned her head to him and saw him leaning his back on the headboard of his bed while staring at her with a boyish smile on his face. “How was sleep, sleepyhead?” he asked her.

She sweetly returned the smile as she lightly rubbed her eyes. “Sleep is always good. You know how much I love to sleep,” she answered as her right hand absentmindedly made its way to wrap around Donghae’s waist. “How about you?”

“Let’s say,” he started, thinking of something to say. “I quite had a hard time but setting that thought aside, it was fine.”

Sooyeon lazily sat up from her lying position and made a confused face. “Hard time? Why is that?”

He chuckled at her cute innocence. “I’m a man, I have my needs. Why do you have to be a walking temptation?”

She pouted and just hugged him. She had always liked his warmth and even before then, she could remember the way he hugs her to comfort her during those times she’s crying over a worse breakup. Sometimes, she feels ashamed now when she think about her past relationship and how much she cried over that guy who cheated on her with her best friend. But then, it’s just another funny story of hers that she would just laugh at.

“Let’s just stay like this forever,” she spoke while still hugging him.

She felt his lips on the top of her head and smiled. She really does feel how much love he has for her and right now, she couldn’t ask for more. Lee Donghae is more than enough for her. Right now, as she thinks of it, she couldn’t just imagine life without him around. Everything, including her future has a vision of having Donghae beside her. Every memory with him is divine and memorable that she wouldn’t want every moment last. If only those could be forever.

“If only we could,” he replied, hugging her back finally.

“I only got a few weeks with my training and after that I’ll be going back to our company.” Sooyeon told him, changing the topic into a more serious one. She felt him nod his head and noticed his hand made its way to hers and played with her fingers.

“That’s why I always wanted you around me so that you’ll know what to do when you’re in the position. But don’t worry, even if you’re already there, you still have me.” Donghae assured her as he intertwined his hand with hers.

Sooyeon unwillingly pulled herself way from him, still not letting go of his hand and stared at him for a good minute before snapping out. “I’ll be preparing breakfast.”

He smirked.

“You’re more like a wife now, cry baby.”

She glared as her lips pouted and hit him on the chest. “Whatever you say!” and she walked out on him to do what she has on her pretty little mind.

 

Sooyeon was busy frying eggs when a pair of arms s around her little waist that somewhat tickled her. A smile crept up on her face and leaned against his chest. Donghae, on the other hand, kissed her on her temple and cheek. He started planting small kisses on the side of her face trailing down to her neck.

“For goodness’ sake, stop now, Lee Donghae!” Sooyeon giggled and slightly moved away from him while holding a spatula.

“What?”

She frowned as she stared at him for a while. “You’re tickling me. I’m cooking, can’t you see?”

He nodded his head and gave up. “Okay, fine! I’ll stop now, are we okay now? You’re not mad anymore?” he asked her, sounding so sweet.

Sooyeon wondered what the hell is going on with him that he’s acting like a kid towards her again. But then she recalled that that’s what it takes to be Lee Donghae. He may look like a bad and cold boy and the intimidating one, but really, he’s a playful five-year old kid stuck in a twenty-eight year old man.

She sighed and continued frying. “Who told you I’m mad? I just told you to stop, you silly kid!”

Donghae never removed his arms around her waist the whole time she’s cooking ─ well, there are times that he did but that was just when she’s telling him to get something for her while she cooks. Sooyeon even asked him why he wouldn’t let go of her and he only answered with, “I’m recharging for work, Sooyeon. You’re my energy pill, please take note of that.” He only got a snorting Sooyeon after that.

When the breakfast was ready, he helped her set the table. He placed two plates, two glasses and spoons and forks for the both of them and started eating. He must admit that he already sees her as a wife. She’s so wife-material now that he could already see the change in her for the past two years that she’s out of his sight.

“Before I forgot,” Donghae caught her attention. “Mom wants to meet you. I know you’ve met my family before but she wants to see you again after Jooyeon told her that you already came back. Plus, my niece wants to meet you as well.” He smiled at her and continued with his food.

“Really? T-That would be great,” she remarked but then her smile kind of faded that Donghae saw. “I’m kind of nervous about it. It’s been… what? Two years and a half since I last saw your mom? And your niece, she probably doesn’t remember me that much since she was still a baby when I last saw her.”

He put his spoon and fork down and placed her right hand on her cheek as he gave her an assuring smile. “Why would you feel nervous when there’s nothing to be nervous about? My mom already liked you the first time she saw you. They like you for me and that thought also applies to my niece. She have heard so much about you, you know?”

Sooyeon’s forehead creased as her cute eyebrows furrowed. “Heard about me? When? Why?”

He chuckled. “Silly,” he muttered under his breath. “I used to mention you to her a lot and now she keeps on asking me when she can meet you.”

Sooyeon laughed a bit and tried to shake away her nervousness. He’s right, though. There’s nothing to be nervous about. She could still remember the first time she met his family. She also saw his brother’s wife which happened to be the girl he was once in love with. Seriously, up until now she couldn’t believe how he could be in love with his sister-in-law. But sure, people tend to fall in love in their own mysterious way so you wouldn’t really know.

“Okay then,” she smiled. “Just tell me when.”

“Later,” he chewed on his food and answered after swallowing. “They invited us to have dinner later.”

Sooyeon face-palmed. Oh God, why didn’t you tell me much earlier? She asked herself.


 

author's note:

Missed me? (: