023

Beautiful Stranger

023

Sooyeon couldn't almost believe that she's finally stepping back on the land of her favorite city: Paris. Even if she has been there before, the city didn't fail to leave her in total awe as her eyes admired how beautiful the sunset was the moment they got out of the plane.

She felt Donghae's hand reach for hers as he naturally intertwined it with his. Sooyeon gave his hand a light squeeze before looking at him with a smile.

"Are you happy?" Donghae asked while they were waiting for their luggage.

Sooyeon nodded like a little kid. The both of them are quite aware how much she loved Paris ever since.

"I'm excited to tour around!" she cheered.

"Me too, princess," Donghae agreed, kissing the top of her hand. "Me too."

He gave her an unknowing smile. The ride to the hotel didn't take them long. Sooyeon just couldn't stop mentioning places they could go to during their stay. Sure, she wanted to make it worthwhile. It's not everyday you could go to Paris.

"Aww, love. Look!" Sooyeon pointed towards the famous Eiffel Tower. "You can see the tower from here!"

Indeed, the Eiffel Tower can very much be seen from their balcony. She just couldn't get enough of the sight. the wind was blowing against her face as she stared lovingly at the perfect view in front of her eyes.

"I knew you would love it." Donghae whispered into her ear, a proud look plastere on his face. He s his arms around her waist, hugging Sooyeon from behind.

Sooyeon rested her head on his firm chest as the both of them watched the view. Right there and then, Sooyeon couldn't ask for more. She is definitely living the dream. In love with the love of her life in the City of Love. She could feel her heart almost about to explode because of too much happiness.

"Let's have dinner?"

"Where should we eat, then?" she asked him.

A smirk suddenly formed in Donghae's lips. "You'll see."

 

To her surprise, Donghae took her on a fancy dinner cruise along Seine River where you could enjoy sightseeing at the same time. There weren't a lot but there were some couples along with them, making the mood more romantic and perfect for intimate occasions. 

"When are we going to see the tower?" she mentioned after her eyes caught the Eiffel Tower as they passed by.

"We're going to save the best for last," Donghae gave her an assuring smile. "I still have a lot of surprises for you, though."

"Donghae..."

He raised a brow, "Yes, love?"

She reached for his hand and locked her eyes with him. "It's only just our first day and I'm already thankful for bringing me with you here."

Tears began to form in the corner of her eyes. He knew how she always dreamed to go to Paris with him. They weren't able to visit the city when they went country-hopping before since it was cut short. But now, here they are. Donghae has made it possible for her again.

"Thank you so much," she muttered. "I will surely treasure our memories here."

Sooyeon pulled him into a tight hug as he hugged her back. Her eyes automatically shut close as she felt his leps pressed onto her forehead, whispering I love yous.

 

The next morning, Donghae woke her up early for breakfast. Surprisingly, he was already dressed into his casual clothes. Sooyeon's eyes widened in surprise. Why is he up so early?!

"You seemed more excited than me, love." Sooyeon smirked, grabbing her towel and walking towards the bathroom.

The two of them had a talk last night. Donghae told her that he already has a plan for their trip and showed her their itinerary and Sooyeon must say, the places are all #SooyeonApproved.

"It still looks beautiful, isn't it?" Sooyeon uttered in complete awe as her eyes couldn't leave the cathedral.

"I'm marrying you here today." 

She looked at him with dropped open. "Yah, seriously!"

She hit him lightly on his chest, earning a hilarious from Donghae. He saw how red her cheeks were, resembling to a tomato. Notre Dame Cathedral was their first stop in the itinerary for their second day in Paris. Donghae just couldn't help himself but to admire such place. 

"Let's get married here..." he began to say, still looking at the church.

"NOW???"

He looked at her, preventing himself to let out a laugh. It left Sooyeon in wonder as to why he kept on blurting out things about marriage all of a sudden.

"Of course someday, princess."

The both of them spent a lot time hanging around to their next stop: Place Dauphine, where they had some cafe au lait that Sooyeon really enjoyed. How can she not, it just became her favorite. While walking together, Sooyeon's eyes landed on their intertwined hands. Donghae wouldn't just let her go. He only does whenever he's going to take pictures od her or she'll take his. But after that, he's automatically hold her hand again.

"Are you enjoying?"

"Of course," she replied with enthusiasm. It was weird that she's still all enthusiastic after half of the day has gone by.

Donghae pulled her closer, leaning in and kissing her forehead.

After exploring  Île de la Cité, Donghae and Sooyeon rode the bus to get to Louvre Museum. It didn't take them quite long to get there, though. Sooyeon was all jumpy at the sight of the famous glass pyramid.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Sooyeon couldn't agree more as she nodded her head, still feeling surreal that she's seeing the famous Louvre Museum before her eyes. It was her first time to get into the museum, though. She didn't quite have the time to visit when she came to Paris by herself before.

Donghae chuckled, "You're more beautiful, though."

Her cheeks felt hot the moment he said that to her.

Sooyeon was already hugging Donghae when they got inside. Everything was just too amazing for her eyes. Every corner of the place just got her jaw dropping.

"Everything is just so beautiful!"

Donghae saw how much happiness she's feeling through her eyes. They were twinkling as she admired the whole place. He realized that bringing her to Paris is the best idea he has ever thought.

"I'm really happy to see you happy, Sooyeon."

After all, it was all he ever wanted for her. After everything she has been through, she deserves all the happiness in the world.

"It must have cost you a lot, though..."

"Doesn't matter," he chuckled, pulling her closer to his side. "As long as you're happy."

Sooyeon gave him the brightest of smiles and went to kiss him on the cheek. "I swear to god, Lee Donghae. I love you so much!"

Donghae can't help but to feel something weird in his stomach, must be butterflies. "I love you more than you'll ever know."

The both of them strolled around the museum, fascinating themselves with various art pieces. It's almost closing time when the both of them finished touring inside the museum.

"Where do you think we should go now?" Donghae playfully asked, gently pinching her cheeks,

All of a sudden, Sooyeon's stomach began to grumble, causing Donghae to laugh.

"I guess someone's hungry already?"

Sooyeon let Donghae decide where to eat. They walked hand in hand as they reached a place called, Le Louvre Ripaille.

"Did you research?" Sooyeon eyed him carefully with a smirk on her face as she asked. "You know places, huh?"

"Of course, I did!" Donghae answered with a proud smile.

The both of them really had a sumptuous dinner that they surely enjoyed. Sooyeon and Donghae talked about a lot of the tour they had today over dinner.

"I honestly planned this a long time ago," Donghae began to say. "I knew we weren't able to go to Paris back then and I know I promised you. I'm sorry it got delayed."

Sooyeon reached for his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"You don't have to be sorry," she says. "And thank you so much for this lovely trip, jagiya. You don't know how happy I am right now."

A relieved smile crossed on his face, "I'm glad you did. Because we're not yet done."

The once relieved smile was replaced by a mischievous smile as his eyes deeply gazed into hers.

He's really that prepared, huh?
___

:)