Chapter 5

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji POV

I sat down in cafe. Jungkook sat right in front of me. He looked down while drinking his bubble tea. He kept silence since both of us enter the cafe. I just sighed then called the waitress. A little girl then come to us. From the way I see her, she seems underaged to work here.

“I want to have something that can light up the mood here,” I said. Jungkook finally looked at me.

“Seems you are young and I need to know about youngster opinion,” i added.

“I... I am old enough to work,” she stuttered and made me smiled at her. My guess is right, she is underage. Well my sense is not dull, although Seungyoon is not here anymore, I still have my sense.

“I don’t ask about your age, young lady. I ask about your opinion,” I said. The young waitress closed her eyes then take a deep breath.

“Since, both of you have ordered sweet for your drink, I suggest you to have french fries or potato wedges,” she said then smiled to us. I smiled back at her then choose french fries between those two. Then she excused herself.

“What did you do?” Jungkook asked me.

“Order another menu,” I said then sip my cappucino.

“That’s not what I said,” he said then pouted while looked down at his bubble tea.

“I used to do it with someone I know. Guessing about someone then confirm it. I see that waitress since we come in. She looked cheerful and like a normal waitress, but she is somewhat clumsy and become nervous whenever there are junior high school’s come, so I thought she is an underage who come from another town to make money,” i said. Jungkook then looked at the waitress. She always serves table that far from the door so she doesn’t need to welcome the guess. She always took glance to the door and ensures about the guess.

“It’s fun when I do it with someone I know. Sometimes we argue because we have different opinion. Sometimes I am the one who right, but most of the times he was the right one,” I said while smiling.

“You dragged me here to make me become stalker like you?” he asked while raising his eyebrows. I just chuckled. “I dragged you here because you don’t want to go home and I am craving for some caffeine,” I said.

“So, we have a deal right, I’ll be your subtitute mother but don’t tell anyone about Hongki,” i said. He widened his eyes. He absolutely disagree about this deal. When he about to say something, the waitress come and gave us the french fries.

“Thank you,” I said to her then smile. She smiled back then bow before leave us again.

“I said to you before. And you agree with me, since you called me as your guardian,” I said. He sighed then looked back at his bubble tea.

“I bet I just lost my mind. Why should I call you,” he said.

“You know what Jungkook,” I said and made him looked at me. I study his profile without continuing my sentence. He furrowed his eyebrows waiting me to continue the sentence.

“Wha...” he asked inpatiently then I put the french fries in his mouth.

“Being desperate like this doesn’t suit your personality. You suit to be happy go lucky young boy who flirt anyone that you met,” i said then made him blush. “And being embarassed like that also doesn’t suit you,” i said then ruffled his hair.

“Taehyung-ssi,” I said then waved at the boy who just come here. I put some money on the table. “I know you actually have more money than mine, but since I am your mom, let me pay for this. And you can order more,” I said then ruffled his hair. “Bye son.”

***

Jungkook POV

I looked at the cafe’s window. I could see Minji noona walked to a car. She knocked the car door, the owner of the car then come out from the car. He smiled to Minji noona then walked to other side of car and opened the door to Minji noona.

“I saw that car before came to the cafe. It looks like the owner waiting for her,” Taehyung said.

“So, is he the someone that she knows?” I mumbled then smiled.

“What are you mumbling about?” Taehyung asked me while raising his eyebrows.

“My step father, I think,” I said then laughed. Taehyung just looked at me weirdly, his face is surely funny. Well, Minji noona is right, being desperate over something isn’t my style. I am too cool for that.

***

Minji POV

“I have bad imagination when you called me and asked me to wait outside the cafe,” Mino said.

“What kind of imagination?”

“You walked out from cafe crying over the boy. But you looked so normal,” Mino said then laughed. I just chuckled, he really doesn’t change at all, he and his wild imagination.

“Well, I met boy though, and he reminds me of Seungyoon,” I said and smiled. Actually I am not sure, is Jungkook the one who reminds me of Seungyoon or because I met Mino and made me think about Seungyoon.

“Really? Is he a good composer?” Mino asked.

“I am not sure. But He is a spoiled rich kid,” I said and made Mino laughed. “That’s sounds just like Seungyoon,” he said and both of us laugh.

“So where will you go?” he asked.

“TV station. I want to say good bye to editor there. I will stop doing my part time as writer there, since I will busy with this, and Siwon oppa promise me to do some duet to next project of his. I need to focus to sharpen my writing skill,” I said. He smiled then nodded.

***

Doojoon POV

I loosen my neckties then throw the draft on the sofa beside vending machine then I sit on sofa. How can we make money if every proposal that came to us are rejected by the boss. I am tired if I have to walk in same pace with him.

“Another hard time with Wooyoung?” Hyuna, boss’ girlfriend asked me then choose a can of coffe from vending machine.

“Boss is in the room,” I said. She just s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter