Chapter 3

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook POV

I sit on Taehyung’s table while look in disbelief to him. Taehyung played with his game without even care what I said about Hongki who lived in my room. I took his game away from him. He glared at me. I know, he can’t be angry in school especially yelled to give her PS back. If teachers find about his playstation, he will lose it forever.

“I hear you okay, so give that back,” he said softly to makes sure no one gave attention to them.

“But you don’t see that you’re excited too hear that,” I said. He sighed and smile widely awkwardly. “ Yay I am excited to die, so give it back,” he said again. I just pouted and gav that back to Taehyung. He smiled and played his game again. After awhile, he put down his game and looked at me.

“Don’t you think Hongki lived in your house under different name because he want his privacy?” Taehyung said.

“He will be idol in a short time. His life is for fan after all,” I said and grinned widely when he responded to my story.

“I just don’t understand why do you want to be famous so much. Is it that important?” Taehyung asked and continue to play his game. He doesn’t understand at all. Well, he is a school diva after all.

“Of course. I can get many attention,” I said while grinning widely. He gave me such an idiot question. Imagine being famous and have many people around you and talk to you. Many girls will fall for me and fight for my attention.

“Do you really need that attention so much?” he said and succeded make me came back to reality. I looked down. It’s useless. Talking with him is useless. He doesn’t understand at all.

“I am just wasting my time here,” I said then jump down from Taehyung’s table. I can feel that Taehyung looked at me right now. But, who cares, I need something important to do. Girls, i am coming!

***

Seungyeon POV

I wake up and walked out lazily and looked around at the dining room. This house is surely big. I still don’t believe that I rent a room here. I walked to the refrigerator to take some food. I then realize there are many memos stick on the door. I smiled when I see memos from Doojoon, Baro, and Seolhyun. They left already, that means I am in this house alone. I opened the door and took a bottle of milk. I pour in my glass and put the bottle back. I drink my milk when read the memos again. I smile widely when I realised I have people around me. I don’t leave alone now.

“Well, I also need to get going,” I mumbled to myself then enter my room to prepare to my editor in chief and gave my last sketch for runway this winter.

***

Seolhyun POV

I sat across Mr. Kim, Chanmi’s father. He took some sip of his coffee. He cough a little while put his cup and looked at me. I sit straight while look at his face and wait for his words.

“Why don’t you drink some?” he asked. I shook my head while smile to make it less rude. I really want to end this fast. I really feel uncomfortable when I am around him.

“Well, I am sorry to make you scared the last time we met,” he said. His sentence made me have goosebump around my body. The memori when he tried to abuse me come to my mind. I stay still and not give him response. What should I say anyway? ‘it’s okay?’ when I am absolutely not okay about it.

“Fortunately Chanmi came that night, right?” he said and chuckled a bit before sip his coffee again. What’s so funny about failed to destroy a girl’s life.

“So, about Chanmi.”

“I haven’t talked to her. She hated me so much to the way she won’t care if she sees me being crushed with a big truck, to the way she won’t helped me if I am nearly fall from cliff,” I said and cut his sentence. He nodded his head.

“No one know, Mr. Kim. So, it’s best for us not to see each other. So, please excuse my self,” I said and stand up. I give him a bow before leave him alone. My heart beats so hard. The urge to cry comes when I can feel warm water in my eyes. I hate people. I HATE PEOPLE.

***

Baro POV

I looked down, my focus is on the hat that Seungyeon noona gave me. I turn the hat while keep my heart calm. I feel so nervous waiting for the result of my audition. Being in high tech group is my dream for a long time.

“The result come,” some people said and run to the staff who glued the paper on announcement board.

I keep standing in front of information board. My eyes keep looking at number 75 and 80. There are no any numbers between those two number. I failed again.

***

Minji POV

I am back from toilet and realized that Hongki hasn’t back yet. I sit beside Mino and looked at FT island’s members who looked at me with weird expression.

“What is it?” I asked. I reaally feel uncomfortable when people stare at me.

“Where is Hongki hyung?” Jaejin asked me. I shrugged. “Still in toilet maybe,” i said while took the notes and pen from my bag.

“He is really bad at direction,” Jonghun said. I freeze for a moment. I looked at FT island’s member who keep staring at me. I then looked at Mino who looked at me too. Suddenly I feel guilty for leaving him alone.

“I got it,” I said and get up from my chair. I walk back to the rest room. I wait in front of male’s rest room. Maybe he is still there. Some guys walked out from the rest room, but I can’t find Hongki at all. When another guy walk out, I stop him.

“Is there a guy who has brown dark hair inside?” I asked. He shook his head. “Nope, no one inside,” he said. “thank you,” I said and bowed my head. Where is he actually? I looked around the building but I can’t find him at all. Well, maybe he is already in meeting room. When I decided to walk back to meeting room, I looked at familiar shoes behind the vending machine. I couldn’t see the figure, but from his shoes, they are not typical of shoes that people who work in publisher will use. I walked to the one who sit beside vending machine and find him hold a can of soda. He looks at me then looked away. I chuckled and make him looked at me.

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

“Okay, I am sorry. So, let’s go back to meeting room,” I said and take a step away. “I am not mad,” he said. I just chuckled. “I know, I can see it clearly,” I said. He looked like a little kid. Maybe, he is not that mysterious, like the first time I thought about him, or scary, like what Seungyeon-ssi thought about him. He is easy to read. He got up while looked at me. I walked back to the meeting room and he just followed me.

“I am sorry,” he said. I looked at him while keep walking. His stare focused in the front. He doesn’t bother to look at me at all.

“I won’t look at you so much like I did this morning. Sorry if I bothered you,” he said. He is weird. Why suddenly he said this thing when the last time he act high and mighty and deny about staring at me for his pride. Now, he said sorry and admit it.

“It’s okay. I don’t feel bothered at all. I just thought what if thereare unnecessary scandal appear because of that. I understand if you stared at me out of curiosity because we live at the same house,” I said then open the meeting room door that already in front of us.

“Sorry,” I said to everyone inside then I sat beside Mino. I looked at FT island’s member. Jonghun already hold his guitar. I look at Mino while raise my eyebrows.

“Hmm, because music is my spesiality, so I want to hear their music first. You just need to write the lyric, right?” Mino said while shrug. Well, he is true. I don’t have so much time too. I still have chapters that I need to write and my part time job in TV broadcast.

“So, how’s the result of your discussion,” I said and took my pen. Jonghun then played some music. I feel so familiar with the melody. It’s Seungyoon’s melody. I stay still and the memory of him come to my mind. I remember the time when Seungyoon started calling me Minz and made Mino call me with Minz too. I remember when Seungyoon started talking to me. I remember.

“Minz,” Mino said and make me snapped from my thought. I looked at the FT island who looked at me.

“The melody,” I said. I can feel my voice shake. I clear my throat first and take a deep breath so I can be calm a bit.

“The melody is Mino-ssi idea. And we thought it’s kindly suit us and the title,” Jonghun said.

“The step that you left behind is the title after all. I need to write about what he left behind, Minz,” Mino said. I nodded my head.

***

Hongki POV

She is different. She has expressions. At first, I thought she is expressionless person. But later I could see her smile. And now, in front of me, after she heard the melody, her voice is unstable. Although she could compose her self and said to me about not staring at her coolly, but now she lost her coolness after hearing that melody. It was a good melody, gentle yet strong, slow yet emotional.

“You really know how to create ballad rock song,” I said. Mino smiled ear to ear when he heard my compliment. But I said it sincerely. Rock music is not only about hard song. For example oasis or creed’s song, some of their songs are slow yet emotional. Rock is not about the groove or the beat, it’s about emotion. And I could hear it clearly in the melody.

“That was the melody that my best friend always played before,” he said. Minji became tensed. She drank her water and tried to be composed.

“Although I want, but I can’t disagree about the melody. Like Hongki-ssi said, it’s a good ballad rock melody. And like you said, it suits the drama,” she sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter