Chapter 2

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji POV

The sound keep ringing from my phone. I squirmed under my blanket. It’s winter now! It’s too cold to get out from the blanket, especially for JUST answering phone. But the more I squirmed, the louder my phone ringing. Okay, I admit, I lose. I go out from my blanket and walk lazyly to the my desk to get my phone. I looked at the clock, it’s 6 a.m, now. And who the hell call me in this hour especially in the cold winter?

Editor

Damn! That ahjumma really know how to annoyed me.

“Nae, unnie,” I said when I picked up her call.

“Good morning, babe,” she said happily.

“Hmm, Bom unnie. You know, I am not wanting your sweet morning call, especially in winter morning,” I said. I could hear she laughed and repeat what I said then I could hear another voice laugh. I bet she is in office right now. Well some editors in our office really love to do everything near the deadline.

“Well, honey, just start washing yourself. We have meeting at 7 a.m,” she said.

“It’s not my day to submit my works. Besides, I haven’t finished my new chapter,” I said.

“We know. We have a new job, and I know you won’t refuse it, so just get ready for our meeting at 7,” she said.

“If it will affect my sleep, then I won’t accept it,” I said.

“The price is twice from your payment from publish one book,” she said.

“Okay, I take it. I’ll be there,” I said as soon as she said the payment will be twice. She laughed and i know that she expect that kind of answer. After she hand up the phone, I looked up the clock. Damn! It’s winter morning.

***

After I finished dressing up. I took one of my choco bread and walk out from room. When I passed the door, I looked at my left and I could see that the guitar boy walk out from his room too.

“Ah,” I and he said at the same time. I bowed to him and he did the same. Awkward! Yeah! Both of us awkward each other. Well that’s because I am not the type who open the conversation and he is not the type who open up to other.  I then close my door and locked it. I bowed to him, and walked pass him.

“Ah, sorry,” he said. I stopped my step and looked at him. He scratch his back neck then clear his throat.

“Thank you for yesterday,” he said. I smiled a little. I bet starting talking with other is not his stuff. I can see it at how awkward he said it.

“You’re welcome,” I said. I bow again to him then walk away from him. I bet he doesn’t really want to have conversation with me. I know it since yesterday when he saw me in his room. He didn;t like it when I asked a question. He likes being alone. He doesn’t want to be intervered. I guess, that’s why he went out earlier, he doesn’t want to meet other member in this house.

“Minji-ssi,” someone called me. I turned around and see Doojoon stand there and smiled to me.

***

Doojoon POV

I wake up early because nature always call me early. And right after I finish my ‘bussiness’, I always feel hungry. I walked out from my room and I could see Minji and Hongki, or Jonghoon, or whoever he is talking each other. Well, actually they are just standing there and bow each other. I smile when I look at them. Both of them are cute. They must be awkward each other because both of them are quiet type.

“Minji-ssi,” I called her. Both of Minji and Hongki looked at me. “I want to cook something, do both of you want some?” I asked. A guitar boy looked at Minji and wait for her respond. Minji looked at her watch and she looked at the guitar boy.

“Hmm, I have my bread already, besides I will be late Doojoon-ssi. So, excuse me,” she said and bowed then leave me alone with the guitar boy. He bowed then leave me alone.  Sigh. How can I be closer with the two of them?

***

Jungkook POV

Huwaaaa. So, what they say is true. He is Hongki. I don’t know that I have celebrity in my house. If I tell all of my friends in my school, I bet I’ll be famous in no time.

***

Minji POV

“Writing a song?!” I asked in disbelief. Okay, since when our publisher received that kind of request. Well, hello, if someone want to a song, they should find music producer, not editor from publisher.

“Yeah, you know Treasure Entertainment is making a new band, and they need some songs,” Bom unnie said. Okay, I need to stop this, it will be more absurd.

“Unnie, but we are..”

“Fiction publisher. I know. Well, it’s order from the high. Our CEO is TEnt’s CEO brother,” Choa unnie cut me.

“But, I don’t see any reason to make us create a song. It’s total absurd. And why don’t the band make the songs by them self?” I asked.

“Boss said, TEnt wants to make story line song. At first we reject that project too. But what should I do, the payment is high,” Bom unnie said then giggled. Huh, she is blind of money. And who am I to judge her? This morning I accepted immediately right after Bom unnie said that the payment is twice.

“Okay, so why me?” There are so many writers in this publisher, besides there are more famous writers here than me.

“Well, you are our only not deadliner writer that we have,” Choa unnie said than laugh. Is being not deadliner is bad thing? Bom unnie laugh as loud as Choa unnie. “The songs are for OST. The drama is written by your favorite sunbaenim, Choi Siwon. What is the title?” Choa unnie said while rolled her eyes try to think.

“The step that you left behind?” I asked. Choa unnie nodded. Ah, so it’s Siwon’s oppa drama.

“Besides that, the song director want you,” Bom unnie said.

“Song director? Who?”

“Song Mino,” Bom unnie said. My heart stop beating for a moment when I heard his name. It’s been a long time since I hear about him.

“How can you know a famous song director? I think you are just a nerd writer,” Choa unnie said.

So, he becomes song director. So, he decided to continue his bestfriend’s dream. It’s been a long time, really long time. Did he get over it and forgive me already?

“Min?” Bom unnir asked me. I looked at her and see how worry her expression is.

“Hmm, I take the job. So can I leave? I need to continue my chapters,” I said then stand up.

“You can’t. I just come,” a deep voice said. I know exactly who is the one who has this voice. Although the one whose voice stand beside me and I can’t see his face at all, I can see his expression.

“Mino-ssi. Please sit down,” Choa unnie said. Mino then sit in the chair beside me. I steal my glance at him then sit again.

“It’s been a long time Minz,” he said.

“Don’t call me with that name,” I said then take out my notebook. Although I didn’t see Choa unnie and Bom unnie face, I could feel that both of them are staring at us. I bet they are thinking about our relationship.

“Hmm, we are high school friend,” I said.

“To be exact she was my best friend’s exgirlfriend,” he said. I look at him. He just smiled at me, with unidentified kind of smile. I don’t understand what’s the meaning of his smile at all. Did he forgive me? Or not?

“Ehem, we are working here, so please skip unimportant things,” I said while playing with my pen.

“She is just like that to everyone. She is like that to our CEO too,” Bom unnie said. “Wow  someone could actually change drastically, right Minz?” Mino said and grin to me. What is exactly his purpose to do this? Does he want to bring me down?

“Sorry I am late,” someone said and open the door. Siwon oppa and his assistant, S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter