Date 1

Open Your Heart

So 2 days passed and Donghae still cant convince Jessica to go the carnival. Because of the bet, Donghae doesnt want to annoy her too much since she hates that, instead, he asked Eunhyuk. 

" Come on, Eunhyuk! Please!" Donghae has been following his bestfriend for the passed 3 hours.

" Could you please stop?" Eunhyuk said, annoyed. 

" I'll stop once you ask her." He smiled.

" Im going to the washroom. " He rolled his eyes. " You're not going in there. "

" We've been besftriends for like 15 years, Ive seen you . " He smirked and followed him.

" Donghae! Seriously?!" He scratched his head in frustation and changed his direction. " Are you really this desperate?" He asked as he sat down on the couch.

" Yes! We're talking about $300 here!" He jumped on the couch.

" Just do it by youself, Hyoyeon and I are actually doing well in our relationship and Im not going to risk anything. " 

" You guys arent even together yet. "

" Fine, our almost.. developed relationship. But still, Im not going risk anything.You already used me into asking Hyoyeon to ask Jessica to come to our dates. " 

" Come on! Pleeeeease! I'll give you half of the money."

" No, Donghae. Seriously, just forget about the bet and plus, the prize is two free tickets not four." 

" I'll pay for you and Hyoyeon. Come on!  This will be the last time. "

" Yeah, you said that last time. " Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and the TV, telling Donghae that their conversation is over. 

" Eunhyuk, you know this isnt over right? I'll just keep asking and asking and as- "

" ALRIGHT DONGHAE. " He yelled as Donghae smiled. " If Hyoyeon and I get involved in this or whatsoever, I blaming everything on you. " He said as he took his phone. 

" Love you!!!!" Donghae hugged him. 

" When I say yes, Yeah you do. " He mummbled as he dialed Hyoyeon's number.

" Hello? " She answered.

" Hey, Hyoyeon. " Eunhyuk smiled, " Uhm, I was wondering if you want to go to the carnival?" 

Yeah, sure! BUt when though?"

" On Friday, with Donghae as well. " 

D-Donghae? Wait- Am I going with Donghae?" She asked confused and yet disappointed. 

" Aniyo! I meant Donghae wants to come with us, like me and you. " 

Oh.. But someone will just end up getting lonely though.. " She sadly said, knowing that someone will be her. 

" Is there anybody you can ask to come with us? Like how about Jessica?" He asked as Donghae smiled. 

" Uhm.. Im not sure.. She's not going to go if Donghae is there... " 

" Oh.. Well.. I.. look, to be honest, I just wanna spend time with you. " He said as Hyoyeon couldnt help but smile like an idiot. " But Donghae is feeling a bit lonely and I dont want to leave him.. " 

Oh.. Alright, I'll see if I can convince her to go. " She couldnt help but giggle. " I'll call you back. ' She smiled and hung up. 

" Awwwwe, thats cute. I just wanna spend time with you. " Donghae as he hung up,

" Yah! I only said that because of you. " He defended himself.

" Oh really? So are you saying that you dont like her?"

" You're annoying. " 

" Oh, My dear Hyukki, my dear dear Hyukki, you got it baaaaad. " Donghae causing Eunhyuk to punch him. 


" Was that Eunhyuk?" Jessica asked Hyoyeon.

" Yup, he was asking if I can go carnival. " She answered as she sat beside Jessica on the couch.

" I wouldnt trust him that easy Hyo, so you better watch out. " She warned her. 

" Yeah, yeah. " She said, " But anyways, are you free on Friday?" 

" I thought we were going to the mall on Friday. "

" Yeah.. change of plans.. We're going to the carnival. " Hyoyeon gave Jessica a please-just-go-with-it look. 

" Im not third-wheeling, Hyoyeon. "

" Who says you're third-wheeling?" 

Jessica rolled her eyes, " No, no, no, no. Definetly not. Never. Especially with him? No No No." She repeated. 

" Come on, Sica Please! " Hyoyeon started shaking her, " He didnt want to leave Donghae alone but we also wanted to go out together.. " 

" Im not getting stuck with Donghae, especially him. " 

" Pleeeeeease! Sica! Just one time!!"

" One time? I've been in what.. 5 of your dates with Donghae. " 

" Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!" Hyoyeon kept shaking her bestfriend. " Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea- "

" FINE.  HOLY SH- "

" YAY, THANK YOU!" Hyoyeon clapped and hugged Jessica before she could yell at her. 

" You owe. big time. "

" Yeah, yeah. I have to call Eunhyuk. " She clapped and ran into the room.


" Here you go." Eunhyuk said as he gave Donghae, Jessica and Hyoyeon the bracelet for the carnival rides.

" Does this go with all rides?" Jessica asked as she put hers on.

" Yeah, you just have to show it to them. " Eunhyuk answered as he helped Hyoyeon with hers.

" Thanks. " Hyoyeon smiled, " Alright so which ride should we go on?"

" Uhm.. The ferris wheel? " Eunhyuk suggested. 

" Wait but only three are allowed in one cart - " Jessica stopped when she saw Hyoyeon giving her the puppy eyes, she couldnt say no to that, " Fine.. Lets go. " She sighed and stomped away.

Donghae patted Eunhyuk's back as he started following Jessica with a smile, making Eunhyuk feel guilty. " You okay?" Hyoyeon asked.

" I-Im fine, I just feel bad for Jessica who has to get stuck with Donghae. " He answered.

Hyoyeon smiled, " Im gonna need to pay her back. " She said as Hyohyuk started to head to the ferris wheel. 

So, the 4 went on the ferris wheel. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk were on one followed by the cart behind them, which was with Jessica and Donghae. 

" Can you not?" Jessica glared at Donghae who kept moving. " We just started going up and you're already annoying. "

" Sorry, just trying to find a comfort- " He stopped when Jessica's sudden glare turned into a blank - scared expression. " You okay? You seem scared. " 

" Well, Im not. " She said as she clenched onto the bar.

" You're holding onto the bar pretty tight there. " He says as Jessica immediantly put her hnds on the seat causing the cart to swing a little. Donghae could hear her gasp a little and saw her closing her eyes. " You know if you're scared, you can tell me. Its not like I-"

" Im not scared. " She said, but her eyes were still closed.

" Then why your eyes close?"

" Because I want them close. " She talked back. 

Donghae smiled at her, " Its not that scary. You're gonna miss the fun part. " 

" Whats so fun about going up in the air with a cart thats swings eveyrtime you move?" 

" The view. You could see all the lights around the city. " 

" Thats not worth it. "

" Fine, suit yourself. " Donghae sat back. 

The ride took 3 minutes just to go all the way up. Donghae could see Hyoyeon looking back at them, she kept giving him the look, telling him to calm her down. Donghae rolled his eyes and sighed. " You're missing the good part, we're finally at the highest point."

" Please stop talking right now. " Jessicai said who kept her eyes closed as she clenched onto the seat. Seconds later, Jessica started to slowly open her eyes to the view. Just like Donghae said, you could see all the lights around the city. It was just like stars. 

" Thought you said it wasnt worth it. " Donghae spoke. Then he did something that no guy could ever do to Jessica, especially her. " You calmed down a little?" He asked as he held her hand, which surprisely, she didnt move away. She actually let her hand be held by DOnghae as she looked at the view, but of course, she was still scared. 

The rest of the ride was quiet, when Jessica realized she was holding his hands, she immediantly took it away and stayed quiet the whole time. Even when Donghae would try to start a conversation, she'd ignore him.

As soon as they went down, Jessica immediantly went looking for Hyoyeon but she couldnt find them. She tried calling her, but she didnt answer

" You know, I if I were you, I'd just leave the couple be. " Donghae said as he followed her with his hands in his pocket. Jessica rolled her eyes, he was right. Even though she hated being with Donghae, she didnt want to ruin Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon's date. She started walking away. " Y-yah! Where are you going?" He followed her.

" Playing games, its just a waste if I leave. " She said without looking at him and continued to walk away. 

Jessica walked around the carnvial, looking for some intersting games. She stayed at one booth and watched the people play with her arms crossed. Donghae watched her carefully and noticed that she wasnt only paying attention to the game. He noticed how she suddenly pouted by sticking her bottom lip out, with a sad expression. He looked at where her eyes were and saw a winner receiving a big pink bunny. Donghae smirked at her surprisely, childish side. 

Jessica started to walk around again, followed by Donghae. " Can you stop? Go somewhere else. "

" Its alright, I'll stay with you. " He smiled.

" What If I dont want you to?"

" Who says I have to follow your rules?" 

Jessica rolled her eyes and walked faster but of course, she was too slow for Donghae. As she was walking around, she was suddenly pulled by the arm. " Yah! WHat the hell?" She yelled as she was getting dragged.

" Look! Its that bunny you wanted." Donghae pointed at the big pink bunny that was identical to the other one. 

" Who said I wanted that?" She arrogantly said.

" Stop acting like that. " He pulled her to the booth. " I'll pay, you just play. " He smiled.

" What? No I- " It was already too late for Jessica to argue since he already paid for the game. 

So Jessica had to go along with it and played. She was suppose to put all the horseshoe on the pole by throwing it so she could get the big bunny. Sadly, she only got one in.

" See, it was just a waste of money. " Jessica said and was about to walk away when Donghae paid again. 

" Here, Let me try. " He said and gave the employee the money. It took him a while to get used to the game and it took him exactly $50 just to win that bunny. " Hah! Told you I'd win. "  He bragged as he showed the bunny.

" You didnt say anything about winning and good job, you spent $50 on a stuff toy. " She sarcastically said as she rolled her eyes, " Now, lets go. Hyoyeon is probably looking for us. " She started to walk away.

" Y-yah! Wait up!" Donghae said as he struggled to carry the bunny, it was almost as big as him. He threw it over his back and gave it a piggy back ride as he followed Jessica. 

Minutes later, they finaly found Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk walking around. The couples decided to leave for the day, but it wasnt over for Jessica. She was stuck in a car with Donghae all by herself.. again. 

Donghae smiled as they stopped, " Good thing I still remember where you live." 

" Thanks. " She coldly said as she got off his car. 

" Je-" Before he could say anything, she already closed the door and started walking to her house. " Wait up!" He said as Jessica rolled her eyes at him as she stopped.

" What?"

Donghae got out of the car and took the big bunny from the backseat and headed towrds Jessica. " Here. " He handed it to her.

" What? Why?" She crossed her arms.

" You wanted it earlier right? So Im giving it to you. " He smiled.

" You spent all that money so you could give me stuffed bunny?" She raised her eyebrows at him.

" Yeah, is that bad?"

" Aniyo, I just find it suspicious, especially for you. " She honestly said.

" Yeah, Thanks. " He sarcastically said.

" If you were to give it to me, why now?"

" Because I didnt want you carrying it around the carnival while walking, so yeah. " He shrugged his shoulders and smiled. " Here, just take it. " He gave it to her, which she hesitated to take, but did at the end. 

" Oh.. " She said as she looked at the bunny for a moment and turned to Donghae, " Well.. Thank you then. I appreciate it. " She smiled as he smiled back.

" Well, Im gonna go now. Its getting pretty late. " He said as he started walking back wards, " Hope you had fun today!" He said as he turned around leaving Jessica still smiling at the bunny. Once he turned around, a mischievous grin showed on his face. " Date number one, check. " 


" You know, I should be an actor one day. " Donghae said as his bestfriend and him played video games. " You should've seen her smile, I made her so happy just because of that stupid bunny. She looked so childish when she was hugging it. " He slighly laughed.

Eunhyuk laughed, " Dont tell me you're falling for her."

" Me? Fall for her?  " He said as Eunhyuk nodded, " Yeah right, That would be a miracle if I fallen for a girl. Why would you even think of that. "

" Because you havent stopped talking about her for the past 4 days. "

" Thats because Im actually proud of myself for taking her to a date without even letting her know it was a date. "

" Yeah, that was because of me. " Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, " I still cant believe that I couldnt believe that you would do a bet for a girl. "

" Ye- wait what?" He tilted his head as his bestfriend sighed at him.

" I dont know what girls see in you. Thats all I can say. " He said as he got up and went into the kitchen. " Yah! What will you do if Jessica finds out about this?" He asked from his kitchen.

" Then she finds out about it.  " He simpley answered. " Its not like she wasnt hurt before, she wont get hurt that much." He shrugged.

Eunhyuk sighed again, " I really dont see what girls see in you. " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry! Boring chapter today.. but everything will start next chapter. Next chapter, Jessica will start ' realizing ' Donghae isnt such a bad guy, and they both end up getting stuck alone in the forest during their camping trip Aha! Wait for my update :)