Twelfth Catch

Parachute

My name echoed inside of my head multiple times before I jumped back into reality and found myself sitting on the stairs of my apartment with Kyung still next to me. Did I just happen to day dream about that scenario? I shook my head and touched my lips with my left hand; the kiss felt so real. My mind quickly panicked at the thought I had just invisioned. This had to mean something.

"Hey," Kyung's voice penetrated my thoughts. I turned my head to look at him and was taken aback when his face was suddenly inches away from mine. I swallowed back, only staring blankly at him, unable to let a word escape from my lips. He narrowed his eyes at me and leaned in closer, "Are you okay? You seem a bit red,"
I shook my head, "I-I'm fine,"
"So?" He raised a brow. It seemed that he was waiting for an answer from me—but what kind of answer was he wanting from me? I don't even know what he had asked me since I had zoned out. After seconds, Kyung sighed and leaned back a bit, "You didn't hear a single word I said, did you?"
"Sorry,"
"Let me make it clearer then." All I heard was the shuffling of his clothes before his hands were suddenly placed at the sides of my face, forcing  me to turn to face him. Without another word, he craned his neck and leaned inward. I was frozen and unable to let a single word out. How did things suddenly escalate to this? Was I going to let this happen or stop it? Stop him, my mind spoke and I unwillingly complied. My hands trembled as I placed them on Kyung's chest, and without another doubt in my head, I pushed him away from me. It took me a moment to realize what I had just done to him. I panicked and reached over to help Kyung, "I—"
Kyung pushed my hand away and laughed amusingly to himself, "Guess Jaehyo was wrong about you choosing me; your action said it all without words being spoken." Standing up, Kyung sighed and began to descend down the stairs without another word. I parted my lips to say something, but Jaehyo's voice interrupted me from doing so.

"What are you doing out?" Jaehyo asked, taking a step outside of my apartment.
I shook my head, "Don't,"
He stopped and furrowed his brows at me, "Why don't you come inside?" He extended a hand towards me and waited for me to take it. I turned my head to look at Kyung, seeing that he had stopped at the bottom of the stairs to look up at me. My right arm slowly raised, wanting to Kyung to take my hand, but Jaehyo interrupted me again by calling out my name.
"K—" I forced out, but Kyung had turned his back on me and started to walk away. The beating of my heart pounded within my eardrums as I watched him walk away. A warmth wrapped around my other hand—Jaehyo.
"He's going already?" Jaehyo asked, "It's still pretty early out,"
I didn't say anything in response—I couldn't.
"Come inside,"
I shook my head, "You go first." I didn't want Kyung out of my sight; I wanted to see him turn back around and grab my hand. But with every second that passed, he was already too far from me. My voice wouldn't be able to reach him. It was over.

I walked with Jaehyo back into my apartment. My head was spinning from confusion and every muscle in my body felt tense. I took a seat on the ground and sighed.
Jaehyo sat across from me, "What's wrong?"
I debated to whether or not ask him something that was bothering me. Rather than telling him about what had just happened, I said, "Last night, I  overheard your conversation with Kyung."
He was quiet for a moment before replying back. "Do you want to talk about it?"
Nodding, I steadied my voice in case it were to tremble. "How long have you and Kyung known each other?" I asked, my eyes traveled up to meet Jaehyo's eyes.
"Ever since I met you at the cafe," he answered, "I saw him as I left the cafe and he apparently knew Yukwon. They exchanged greetings; Yukwon asked what Kyung was doing there and he replied by saying he was going to walk you home."
"So you knew this whole time... about my relationship with Kyung then,"
He nodded, "I didn't want to bring it upon you because I wanted you to forget about him before I said anything,"
"What about that night?" I asked, "Were you there to witness it or something?"
He paused before answering, "I was passing by and witnessed you fainting. Kyung noticed me and told me to take you home. He told me to take care of you. So I took you home, but I couldn't quiet take care of you because I barely see you and we barely knew each other. It wasn't until I saw you that day in the university. I was happy to see you and wanted to know you even better, but it still seemed as if you were recovering from the heartbreak. I wanted to be your friend and be someone you could depend on, but I soon found myself falling for you and I couldn't stop my feelings." His voice weakened, "I'm sorry."

-



For the next three days, I felt as if a gray cloud was hanging above my head. Guilt ate every emotion I had, leaving me down and unable to see any light. Even as Jaehyo talked to me, I would space out and not feel like myself at all.

One morning, I sat with Jaehyo at the park eating crepe.
"How was your sleep last night?"
I shrugged, "Fine,"
"You know, you haven't been yourself lately," he commented, "could it be that..." I avoided any eye contact with him, knowing that if he saw my eyes, he'd know my feelings right away. He sighed, "Well, I guess my question that night seemed to have answered itself without a second thought, huh?"
I kept quiet.
"You've made your choice then,"
"I... don't know,"
"You can't keep saying you don't know. The answer is already clear and out there." He reached over to touch my hand, "I don't want to see you hurting like this."


 

-



I slumped in my chair, staring blankly at the professor and not paying much attention to him. My mind was filled with thoughts that wouldn't escape. I couldn't concentrate on the lecture nor had I been doing very well in my math class. As soon as the professor said we could leave, I grabbed my things and stood up from the chair. Exiting the classroom, I noticed that the clouds were turning a dark gray, probably ready to rain. A buzz came from within my pocket—my phone—and I pulled it out to read the message I had received. It was no surprise that it was from Jaehyo, since he was the only person I ever talk to these days.
"Meet me at our special place at 7," I furrowed my brows at his text, unsure what our special place was even. I threw the thought the back of my head and walked to my next class.

 

 


author's note; and we edge closer to the end............. lol thanks for reading ^^
@kissme4life_99: lol you THINK you know?! well, I do wonder who you think haha thanks for reading!
@Yerlie303: omg ikr D: hopefully you aren't too confused........... if so /bricksself lol thanks for reading!