Eleventh Flight

Parachute

While Kyung slept, I gathered my things and decided that I was going to get out of the library. I wasn’t expecting him to suddenly kiss me like that. My whole body felt out-of-order after the kiss—like how was I supposed to respond to something like that? My heart fluttered like the flapping of bird’s wing except that it fluttered unstably. Every muscle in my body was tense. I stood up from my chair and quietly walked away from Kyung, not daring to turn back and see if he would notice or not. The only thing that kept resurfacing in my mind was how soft and warm Kyung’s lips had felt on mine—I almost didn’t want him to pull away.

Walking out of the library, I suddenly felt a force clash against me. With a hand on my chest, I bowed in apology. A soft laugh sounded from the person standing before me—a laugh that I recognized. Looking up, I was surprised to see who was standing before me. I swallowed back a lump stuck in between my throat as I said his name aloud, “J-Jaehyo,”
He smiled at me, which made the resound pounding of my heart slow into a stable beat; he said my name and waved, “I didn’t think I’d see you here,” he widened his smile and took a step towards me.
I nodded, “I was—I had a tutor session inside,” I answered him, which made the stable beating of my heart slowly race.
Jaehyo shaped his lips into an ‘O’ and nodded, “You tutor people?”
“Yes,” I answered, “well, not really.” I quickly added.
“Not really?” Jaehyo curved a brow, “What do you mean by that?”

“I only… tutor a person,” I admitted to which Jaehyo softly chuckled.
“What subject?”
“Math,”
Jaehyo physically showed a response to my answer and laughed, “Nasty subject.”
I found myself showing a smile, “It’s not that bad, I guess.”
“What school do you go to anyways?” He asked, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.
Unconsciously, I found myself answering his question casually, like as if this were a day-to-day conversation I had with him. “I go to Anyang High School,” I said and decided to ask him where he went to school, though I had an idea what school it was.
He scratched the back of his head, “Well, I hope you think I’m some big-shot after I tell you. I go to Imperial Private School.” He answered and put both of his hands before him, “Don’t judge me.” I laughed, but before I could say anything else, my name is called from behind—by him. Turning around, I watched as Kyung walked towards me with furrowed brows.

Jaehyo cleared his throat, “I’ll see you some other time,” he said before leaving my side. Jaehyo and Kyung walked past each other, not acknowledging each other’s presence. The minute that Kyung stood before me, I tensed. My heart began to become unstable.

“Why did you leave?” He asked, ignoring the fact that I had been talking Jaehyo.
I shrugged, “You were just going to sleep, so I don’t see why I had to be there.” I answered him and built some confidence to say the next few words, “A-And… you didn’t have to do that to me just to tell me that you were annoyed.” I said, “Sure, actions speak louder than words, but that was unnecessary.”
He cocked his head to the side, “You really think that I kissed you to show how annoyed I was?”
“What other reason would you have done that for?” I asked, though I knew the other reason, I didn’t want to have to admit it. He had sort of confessed to me about it last night, but I don’t want that to become my reality.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school then,” Kyung placed a hand on my and messed with my hair before walking away from. I frowned and fixed my hair.

-


I could not sleep at all last night. Thoughts kept flooding my mind as to how I was going to face Kyung at school. Should I just pretend that the weekend didn’t happen and move on with life, or should I just confront him? Staring at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, I sighed. The first thing my eyes directed itself to is my lips—my thin, pale lips. This definitely wasn’t my first kiss, but it was my first in a while. My first experience had been a boy I used to play with when I was young. I forgot what his name was, but I do remember seeing every other day at the playground that my father had always taken me to. We were at the age of not understanding what a kiss really meant, only that you give it to someone you like or love. I had liked him and he did too, so we thought why not just give each other a peck on the lips. Of course, a couple days after that, I never got to see him ever again.

My phone buzzed from within my jacket, indicating that it was time I head out before I was late to tutoring Kyung. Just the thought of him made me want to stay home and never venture out. But since I had unwillingly agreed to tutor him, I really had no other choice.

Once I was inside of the classroom, I saw Kyung talking to a female classmate of ours. I didn’t know her name, but I knew that she was popular with the guys. I slowed down in my walking as I got closer to my desk, unsure if Kyung even wanted to be tutored today. He seemed to be really into whatever conversation he was having with the girl. If I were still the same person I was a couple of days ago, I would have left the room, but instead I didn’t. I sat in my desk and took out my assignment. I ignored Kyung and began doing my homework. It wasn’t until a couple of minutes later that Kyung had ended his conversation with the girl.
“Looks like you had a nice chat,” I commented with an edge as soon as the female left the classroom.
“Jealous?” He asked, pulling his chair beside me.
“Why would I be jealous?”
“Because you like me,” I snorted and stopped writing; I turned to look at Kyung and right away I could feel the blood from my face drain. He smiled rightfully at me and leaned his face closer to me. “Just admit it, you liked me more after we kissed.”
“I would never,” I countered.
“Liar,” he countered back, “I can tell, you know.”
“How so?”

“How you responded,” he answered, “a girl uninterested would pull right away in disgust; all the while, you sat there and let our kiss last.” He explained, “If you want to admit something, then I will too—but it’s only if you do it first.”
I narrowed my eyes at him, not liking where this conversation was heading; so I played dumb, “Admit what?”

He zipped his lips with his fingers, “I’m not going to say it,”
I snickered, “There’s no way I’m going to admit something I don’t even—”
“Soon,” he confidently said and quickly added in, “who knows, maybe today or tomorrow.”
I scoffed, “You’re very confident in yourself,”
“Of course,” he agreed, “if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t have been able to get you to tutor me.” I parted my lips to say something but he interrupted me by shuffling my papers on my desk. “Let’s get to tutoring, shall we?” He asked, taking a seat in his own desk, and took out his stuff. I could only stare in disbelief at Kyung. He think he’s going to get me all flustered, so I can admit how I feel about him, huh? I turned away from him and frowned. What were my feelings towards Kyung anyways? I didn’t exactly see him as a friend, to be honest. But, I don’t know if I saw him as someone I would… love. The only thing I knew—as of now—was that I was comfortable around him.

Afterschool, Kyung left early. I wouldn’t have to see him until later on tonight, which I definitely was not ready for. Exiting the school gates, the sound of an ambulance raced passed me. I only took a quick glance from behind to see where the vehicle was heading; as I turned my head back around, I walked smack into someone. It took me a couple of seconds to recuperate and noticed that I had walked into the same person I did yesterday: Jaehyo. A smiled found its way onto my lips, but I noticed that his attention wasn’t on me rather it was in the direction of the racing ambulance. My brows furrowed and I pulled away from Jaehyo, watching as his face contort into worry. At this point, I wasn’t sure if I should just pretend that I hadn’t run into him or say something to him.
Before I could come to a conclusion, Jaehyo glanced down and walked away from me without saying anything. It was as if he didn't notice that he ran into me. Maybe he was in rush, I told myself as I continued to walk to work. Either way, there was an unpleasant feeling generating within my heart.

 

 


author's note; thanks for reading!! blegh this chapter just sounds like a jumble of mess. haha! well, i hope you guys enjoyed it!!!
@Yerlie303: roflmao ikr ;D haha thanks for reading!! here is your update! hope you like (:
@kretzuu: haha yeah... hopefully the next kiss sounds romantic then i mean what D: lol thanks for reading ^^
@kissme4life_99: rofl yup! kyung, you little lksjdflskdjf haha! thanks for reading (: