Chapter 4

Silent Tao

 

I wasn't going to update, but xTaemiix "asked" me to, so here it is. (-.-);

 


 

March 10th, 2013

Tao's Current Age: 18

 

12:00 pm

Tao walked to the cafeteria and waited in line to buy his lunch. Once he paid for it, he sat at his table in the corner of the room.

In fact, he moved the table there himself.

And threw a book at the light, so that there was a shadow there.

While everyone else was afraid of the emo, shadowy kid, hidden in darkness, Xiumin was unfazed.

"HEY TAO HOW YA DOING I'M GOOD I HAD THIS REALLY GOOD COFFEE IN FACT I HAD 5 OF THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE SO DELICIOUS AND THEN I RAN HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THEM BUT OF COURSE YOU'RE STARING AT ME LIKE I'M SOME WEIRD STRANGER BUT I'M NOT I'M YOUR FRIEND TAO!" Xiumin said, smiling at the end.

Tao looked up at Xiumin, and calmy focused on his lunch.

Xiumin huffed, and pulled out a chair for him to sit in. "So, a couple of foreign exchange students came today. Did you, ahem, fall for any of them?"

Without even looking, Tao picked up a biscuit from his tray and threw it at Xiumin's face with deadly accuracy.

Xiumin wiped the crumbs off of his face, and huffed again. "What was that for?"

Tao was about to eat his sandwich, but Xiumin interrupted his thoughts.

"What did you think about Kris?"

Tao looked up.

"HA!" Xiumin said triuphantly. But then he realized that Tao was confused.

"Oh, well," Xiumin said, embarrased. "Remember Kris? From the cafe we went to a week ago?"

Please don't ask to go there. My wallet's still empty, Tao thought glumly.

"Well, Kris officially became a student instead of a newbie. So now, he was given a full schedule!" Xiumin cried out happily.

Tao's facial expression never wavered.

"And I heard he's in all of your classes! So now, you can see him everyday! And maybe help him! And maybe he'll be your love! And-" Xiumin stopped talking and stared at one of the foreign exchange students passing by.

"Whoa. He's cute! Be back~!" Xiumin said before running off to talk to someone. 5 minutes later, he came back, smiling like an idiot.

"Turns out, his name is Chen! Ahh. . . Chen!" he said dreamily.

Disgusted by Xiumin's lovesickness, Tao stood up and threw his stuff away and walked to his locker.

He put his combination in, and opened his locker, until it abruptly shut again.

"So, Toad, nice to see you again."

Tao spun around to see Kai, Kyungsoo, and Sehun, all smiling devilishly.

Tao frowned and turned back around to his locker.

"Pay attention when seniors are talking to you," Sehun instructed before grabbing Tao's wrist and pulling him down the hallway.

Tao followed without resisting, knowing if something bad happened, he could handle it.

The four boys went into the bathroom and opened a stall.

"Take a drink, Toad! It's your home!" Kyungsoo teased, grabbing Tao's head and pushing it into the toilet bowl.

Water went up Tao's nose and into his mouth, choking him.

Tao flailed around, until he struck Sehun's nose.

"By noe! Eeh it by noe!" Sehun said, trying to stop the bleeding.

Kyungsoo pulled Tao's head up and punched him right in the jaw.

Tao was too dazed to fight back, and water was still filling up his head.

"Kai, Kyungsoo, Sehun, get out," spoke a commanding voice.

Tao opened his eyes to find that his vision was blurry. Water had gotten into his eyes too.

He watched as 3 figures (Kai, Kyungsoo, and Sehun, probably?) bowed to a tall, blonde-ish man and walked out of the bathroom. Then the man came closer to Tao and said, "Are you okay?"

Tao grimly nodded, and tried to walk past him, but his knees faltered, and he fainted.

 

6:00 pm

Tao's eyelids fluttered, and opened in an unfamiliar atmosphere.

He sat up, and looked around. To his right, the white door opened, and a somewhat familiar guy appeared.

"Hey," he said. "How are you feeling?"

Tao thought, and moved his limbs around. His head stopped pounding, and his jaw felt fine.

"I put medicine on your bruise, and washed your face and hair to get rid of the toilet water. I also changed your shirt."

Tao looked down, and internally gasped. He was wearing a stranger's shirt, and that means. . .

"You have a lot of cuts there, Tao."

Tao looked fearfully up at the man. He smiled. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you. Oh, here's your phone."

Tao bowed and took the phone, and was about to leave until, "Do you want to stay for dinner?"

Tao thought about it. He helped me, and I don't feel like cooking today. . . Tao nodded.

The blonde man's face lit up. "Great! I'll be back! Wait in the living room! Do you want me to wash your shirt?"

Tao shook his head, not wanting to be a burden.

"Oh well. Too late. It'll be ready in 30 minutes.

Tao smiled, and was immediately replaced by shock. Did I just-

"You have a nice smile, Tao!" he commented before leaving the room.

 

7:00 pm

Tao and the man sat at a round table, eating fried rice. It tasted really good, and Tao enjoyed every bite.

"So, does it taste good?" he asked.

Tao looked up and nodded.

He sighed. "Tao, are you always this quiet?"

Tao nodded, and went back to his food.

He sighed again, and resumed eating.

 

8:00 pm

"Remember Tao, you can come over whenever you like, okay?"

Tao nodded, before opening the door and leaving.

The man stood in the doorway, watching Tao walk down the driveway, until, "You know, I helped you and you don't ask for my name."

Tao turned back around. His mouth opened to speak, but no sound came out. Tao closed his mouth and blushed. Thank goodness it's so dark that he couldn't see that.

He chuckled. "Cute. It's Kris."

Tao nodded, and walked down the sidewalk. Once he heard the door close, he broke out into a run to get into his house.

 

 

 

Kris closed the door, and thought, Wow, he blushes so cutely!