The First Time I Saw Her.

White Horse

Sleep came hard to come by that night,as they slumped themselves to the old house that Jiro's Aunt and Uncle owns in the village.They don't even lived their anymore,but moved on to the city,themselves.The house ,if you can call it a house,Jiro thought,was not even properly maintained.There was no electicity,no entertainment ,no tv or whatsoever.It is like having a bootcamp and Survivor series all in one.

And here ther are nobody but themselves.No maids and no Moms or Dads to take care of them.They went to sleep hungry last night for there was nothing to eat when they got there.No Macdonalds,Pizza Parlor,Chinese take outs to order from.They have to drive another hour in order to get to the next town to get something to eat.Jiro took a deep sigh.His parents went to the extremes to disciplined him this time.

He got up and got out of the house.At least there was some air ,some fresh air to cool his down outside.He noted that the sun is already coming up.He sat on the floor by the doorway as he looked outside.The village has slowly coming to life now,as he saw a couple of people passed by ,looking at him,wondering who is the strangers sitting on the house of his Aunt.it is obvious that they are on their way to the fields where they will be working for the day.

Jiro decided to take a walk around as she saw an older lady walk by ,also staring at him with such a fear and wonderment in her eyes.Jiro smiled at her but the more she scampered away from him.He thought ,maybe he can ask her where they can go have a decent breakfast this morning..and yes also find a decent place to stay.

He continued to walk around ,and yes the village is not that much.,a few houses built together and the a few more a mile away.And yes there are no signs of elecricity nor modern amenities in this place.The city where they landed Shanghai has a lot more to offer and where his Aunts and Uncles lives.But his Dad wants him to live here even for a few day.For this is the town he said where they all started.

His Dad was born here.This is the place where he dreamed and hoped for a better life for himself and his family.He left this place it seems long time ago but somehow,it has remain as it was before.The village,the people ,the vast fields and the rugged mountains that streched and protected this olden village.

There was a school,and it seems like that it has been taken care of,for the buildings are new and updated.The name stood by the entrance as boldly as it comes.It is still quiet inside,it is too early in a day.The school children must be just getting up and soon getting ready for the day in the school.

Jiro retraced his steps back.His stomach is really growling now.When was the last time they have something to eat, not even before they embarked in this long tiring journey in this place.he wondered how can his friends and cousin go to sleep in this kind of condition.he has to do something about breakfast though,after all he is the reason why all of them are here and suffering...

And then he heard a voice somewhere.The voice of a girl,a sweet ,tiny voice,as he looked at the owner of such kind of voice.The language as foreign as it can be in his ears.He studies Chinese back home,but he really never paid much attention in them.The accent and the voice is something sweet and it feels like calling for him,as his eyes found the owner, as their eyes locked.

Jiro stared at her.Her long black hair falls below her shoulder and longer and it is so shiny as the sunlight falls,her eyes was a beautiful almond and yes dark brown ,like a downing dark brown chocolates ,her skin is so fair and so smooth and her lips pink and look so soft.Even her face is devoid of make up and lipstick,she still looks beautiful,more beautiful that any girl out there,as he took a deep breath.

Hebe stopped in midsentence as she caught sight of the man who seemed to be lost in their village.His eyes staring at her ,with those thick eyebrows,upright nose and those beautiful pouty lips.he stood tall too,as he towers above all ,even on the house that is in front of him.She can feel herself coloring at his stares and his heart beat jumping at the sight of him.She has never seen a man like that in their village before.

His stares confused her as  she took her eyes away from him and started to scramble to get away from him.And before Jiro can say something,she already turned to the corner. And then a little girl followed after her.The little girl looked at him with a smile on her face,a sweet innocent smile as jiro smiled back at her.

{I am just going to do the conversation in English cause I don't know Mandarin}

"Good morning.What is your name?" she asked.

"I am Jiro and what is yours?" he asked back.

"Lian ,are you here for my sister?" she asked.Jiro grinned and scratched his head.

"Your sister? I don't even know your sister." he said.

"The girl who was just here.You don't know her? Isn't she's beautiful? I am gonna be beautiful just like her when I grow up." she said.

"And what is your sister's name? " he asked.

"Hebe.And she is the most beautiful girl in the village.She must be waiting for me." she said as she hurried to join her sister.

"Wait,where are you going?" he asked.His stomach is all gorgotten now.

"We are going to the church,do you want to come?" she asked.Jiro smiled.Church,he has not been in one for how long?

"You go ahead and I'll follow." he said.The little girl ran all the way.He saw Hebe waiting at the end of the street waiting for her sister.A smile came to him...he thinks it is about time to visit the house of his creator with the angel ahead leading him...as he grinned...This village is not that bad after all.....