Little do you know

Echoes of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Ji knocked on the door, and Sooyoung quickly opened it, her eyes widening in surprise. Yoon Ji smiled and bowed her head. Sooyoung was frozen in disbelief, so Yoon Ji handed her the flowers, which Sooyoung accepted, and then stepped inside.

 

"How could you disappear like this?" Sooyoung's words were a mix of relief and reproach.

"I didn't disappear, unnie. I'm sorry I didn't call all this time," Yoon Ji replied, her voice tinged with regret.

 

"Changing your phone number and not asking about us is not disappearing?" Sooyoung challenged.

 

Jaejoong’s mother intervened gently "It’s not the time for this, Sooyoung-ah. Let me see her."

 

Yoon Ji smiled and went closed to the old lady, she hold her hand and smiled

 

“I heard about your surgery, omonie. I hope you're feeling better now."”

“Better now, thank you for coming, Yoon Ji,” Jaejoong's mother said, her voice filled with gratitude.

 

“I brought some porridge for you, omonie. I hope it’s to your liking,” Yoon Ji said, placing the container of porridge on the bedside table.

 

Jaejoong's mother nodded gratefully. “Thank you, Yoon Ji. You always know what to do to make me feel better.”

 

Yoon Ji smiled warmly. “It’s the least I can do. You’ve always been so kind to me.”

 

"Sooyoung's right. You can't just vanish like that. You cut ties with us, because you broke up with Jaejoong. We were supposed to be your family”

 

Shame washed over Yoon Ji. "I know, and I'm truly sorry."

 

“How have you been, what are you doing now?” Jaejoong's mother inquired, her eyes bright with interest.

 

Yoon Ji helped her to eat, their conversation flowing easily as she updated her on her life and job.

As they chatted, Sooyoung watched silently from the corner of the room, her expression a mix of curiosity and apprehension. Yoon Ji could sense her gaze.

 

 

“I hate you for looking this great,” Sooyoung said with a laugh, and Yoon Ji joined in.

 

 

“You've become even more beautiful,” Jaejoong’s mother added with a warm smile.

 

Yoon Ji thanked her, then picked up a brush and began gently brushing the old lady’s hair, she helped her wear something nice, and even put her face cream and perfume. Sooyoung updated Yoon Ji about her other sisters, trying to fill her in on what she had missed. Jaejoong’s mother slept, and the girls had a nice chat and laugh, and it was time for Yoon Ji to leave.

 

She stood up and they both made their way to the door. They stood outside the room to talk without lowering their voice.

 

“Don’t change your phone number again.”

 

“Don’t worry I won’t.” Yoon Ji laughed

 

“Let’s have dinner together some time.” Sooyoung said

 

“Sure, take care.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter