For You

Echoes of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2013

 

Yoon Ji was pulled from her memories when she felt Min Ah’s hand on her shoulder.

“Yah, I’ve been calling you. You were zoning out again,” Min Ah said, a concerned expression on her face.

 

Yoon Ji didn’t fail to notice her friend's gaze falling on her wrist where her tattoo was. She had removed her watch and was gently rubbing the tattoo absentmindedly.

“What reminded you of him? I didn’t see this tattoo in a while,” Min Ah asked, her voice filled with concern.

“You think it’s the tattoo that reminds me of him?” Yoon Ji replied, a bitter laugh escaping her lips.

Min Ah sighed. “So tell me what happened.”

“Let’s go eat,” Yoon Ji suggested, trying to change the subject.

“Yah, I am just hungry and not in the mood to argue, but I will not let go of you until I know what happened,” Min Ah insisted, her tone firm.

Yoon Ji smiled, knowing there was no escaping Min Ah's interrogation. She started walking towards the little restaurant by the river, craving some tteokbokki and ramen.

 

As they settled down at a table overlooking the river and started eating, Min Ah turned to her friend.

“I’m all ears now, what happened?” she asked.

Yoon Ji hesitated for a moment, stirring her tteokbokki absentmindedly.

“Nothing really,” she finally said with a sigh. “Maybe I just feel a bit empty lately.”

Min Ah nodded, she understands her friend’s feeling

"Is it because of him?" she ventured cautiously.

 

Yoon Ji looked down at her wrist, where her tattoo was, even if it was now covered by the watch that she rarely removes.

“I remembered when I first showed the tattoo to him, that’s why I was touching it,” she admitted softly.

“You never told me this story,” Min Ah said, her curiosity piqued.

 

Yoon Ji nodded, a faint smile playing on her lips as she reminisced.

"It was a few years ago, for our 6th year anniversary," she began, her voice tinged with nostalgia.

She recounted the story to Min Ah, describing how busy Jaejoong was with his tour, their spontaneous meeting by the river, and the moment she showed him the tattoo.

But Min Ah had just one question.

“Did you go to the concert? Please tell me you did,” Min Ah asked eagerly.

Yoon Ji chuckled, knowing her friend's penchant for love stories and fairytales.

“Yes, I did,” Yoon Ji confirmed.

“How was it?” Min Ah asked, her eyes shining with excitement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter