Chapter 5: Meeting the MAMAMOO

We Got Married In Omegaverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next three days were passed in a blur. Moon Byulyi did not know how to answer that greasy flirty line from the usually straight-laced, innocent alpha, Kim Yongsun. It was the first time she felt so affected by another individual, a simple and playful line could get her heart fluttering and she wondered when the last time was she had felt this awkward yet fascinating feeling. She could imagine her lively brown eyes forming the brightest crescents she had ever seen as she smiled, cute little indents under her generous lips.

To keep her mind off the very captivating and beautiful alpha, she threw herself completely into her work and a new hobby just to occupy her time.

If she was sappy and behaved like a teenager with her first crush, the manager did not mention the slight alteration of her behaviour: she felt like she was walking on sunshine, her smile on full blast like the AC in her office since it was summer. On the afternoon before she met MAMAMOO at RBW, she was dressed in her finest clothes from Thom Browne. She wore a tailored grey suit that enhanced her petite and trim build, giving her an air of debonair. Her silver hair was held in place by a grey snapback, matched with white sneakers. She carried a small carrier.

Manager-Oppa was also dressed in his finest—a pinstripe business suit that she had bought for him as a gift of gratitude. It was a practical gift so that he always had a tailored suit for more formal occasions. He had rejected the offer of purchasing a classic whitetail tuxedo with silk bowtie.

Byulyi and her manager glanced at each other and had the mutual understanding of not bringing up about how overdressed they were. “We’ll need to pick up a gift,” advised the silver-haired omega quietly. “A box of chocolates would do just fine.”

“Ah, I don’t think Solar-ssi would mind that,” smiled the manager, running his hand through his neatly combed hair.

“Pick up flowers for Ms Cha too,” advised Byulyi. “Show that you are thinking of her if you’re interested in her.”

“Aish, you’re so nosy,” complained the manager, frowning at her. He ignited the engine and began driving to pick up the gifts. “What kind of flowers is appropriate? Do all girls like red roses?”

The silver-haired omega smiled faintly, knowing that he would cave in eventually. “Flowers that remind her of you would be preferrable,” answered Byulyi, drumming her fingers on her thigh absently to the hip-hop music. She thought of the bouquet of colourful asters that Yongsun had given her and her heart was filled with warmth. “Unnie gave me a bouquet of asters, little star-like flowers.”

“Ah. Solar-ssi is a very attentive individual I see,” remarked the manager absently. “OK. I think that is a good idea.” Byulyi wore a face mask just to hide her identity as she headed to a chocolate shop just to buy a box of handmade chocolates for sharing. She picked up a bar of exotic chocolate when she caught sight of it. She smiled to herself, wondering how Yongsun would react to this gift.

When she returned to the manager’s car, he had just returned with a simple bouquet of daisy. They looked fresh and very colourful. “Daisy, Oppa?”

“It caught my eye. They look fine, do they?” There was hesitance in his voice as he second-guessed his choice. “I don’t know if she would like this—”

“It’s the thought that counts,” encouraged Byulyi, patting him on his back. It was sweet to see him so concerned about this gift. This advice was gold since her paramours tend to shower her with luxurious gifts just to prove that they were wealthy and could afford to give her a high living. She never like those expensive gifts like make-up and sweet-scent perfume. Those gifts did not touch her as much as that bouquet of asters that she had dried and pressed neatly at home.

They got into the car and headed towards RBW. With the profits that MAMAMOO was drawing, the company was able to buy a decent commercial building with carpark. It was the profits that MAMAMOO was racking that paid the bills and allowed the management to invest in newer talents.

Her heart hammered loudly, threatening to leap out of her chest as Manager-oppa parked the car. The main door of RBW was made of glass so they could see the receptionist counter. Byulyi checked her appearance one last time before she got out of the car, carrying the small bag and the chocolates.

“Wait, Moonbyul. I need some time to check my appearance,” quipped Manager-oppa nervously. He checked his clothes thoroughly before he stepped out, straightening his jacket carefully. Together, the celebrity and the manager headed for the office.

To their surprise, only Ms Cha greeted them. She shot strange looks at Moonbyul before her eyes rested on her manager. “The MAMAMOO are busy?” asked the silver-haired woman, concerned. Her heart fell that Yongsun did not greet her at the counter.

“No, they are in the recording studio with CEO Kim, waiting for your arrival.” She sounded almost sheepish.

The silver-haired rapper did not understand the weird sense of disappointment blooming in her chest. “OK. Would you mind guiding us to the studio then? I guess it’s straight to business.” She did not hide her disappointment very well and her manager placed his hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

“Please lead the way, Manager Cha,” smiled Manager-Oppa sweetly.

She took them through a network of corridors, deep into the heart of the company. There were not many staff around, unlike the entertainment company that managed her. Without her mask, she was more noticeable, garnering interest as she walked along the corridor.

Without much fanfare, Ms Cha opened the door to the studio and invited them in. Almost awkwardly, the rapper and her manager walked into the recording studio. It was built simply for recording with a large couch taking up one side, facing the recording booth.

CEO Kim was already on the computer, facing the booth. He spun around and rose to his feet at the sight of the guests.

“Ah, Moonbyul-ssi, it is nice to have you today,” smiled CEO Kim. He was a veteran in the entertainment industry, creating RBW and running as the main producer. “I always admired your talents.”

The members of MAMAMOO were sitting at the couch, chatting with each other in low voices. They rose to bow in greeting. Byulyi noted that Yongsun was avoiding her gaze for some odd reason.

“It’s nice to see you again, Unnie,” smiled Wheein, her single dimple deepening. Next to her, Hyejin rested on her shoulder and grinned at her too, waving at her.

“Hello Unnie. You look absolutely good,” greeted Hyejin.

“It’s nice to see you again too, Wheein. I bought a box of handmade chocolates for sharing. I really like this particular shop,” grinned Byulyi, handing the box to Hyejin and Wheein. “It has different sweetness level since I’m not too certain what do you like.”

The two younger members were absolutely charmed.

“You shouldn’t have! Do you know that Wheein was my chocolate girl when we were in middle school? All I needed to do was to check her pocket and there will always be chocolates,” remarked Hyejin, her eyes shining brightly at the sight of chocolates. Wheein nudged her off, shaking her head.

Byulyi chuckled brightly, a heartily laugh that filled the entire studio. “Ah, we all have a friend like that in school.” Gold frolicked in her eyes as she smiled sincerely, her nose scrunching adorably. It was not a typical smile of a female celebrity since the facial muscles around her nose crinkled cutely. “Do you have to buy extra chocolates for Jinie?”

“Of course, but I tend to head to her home for lunch, so I guess we’re even that way,” returned Wheein wistfully. The mention of their idyllic childhood reminded them of home and their family.

“And stayed for dinner too?” asked Byulyi mischievously.

“No! I will accompany her home so that I could have dinner with her family. Her family cook very well,” praised Hyejin, flashing her a thumb-up.

“Wait, I thought you sent me home to make sure that I was safe?” asked Wheein suspiciously. “You had an ulterior motive of staying with me. I should have known that instead of being touched that my best friend cared for my safety.”

“That’s that too,” admitted Hyejin innocently, brushing her thick and wavy hair away from her face. “I also sent you home because I wanted to meet your Umma and Grandmother. They love me.” She gave her a side-embrace, so that the pouting omega was nestled close to her.

Byulyi’s gaze fell on the uncharacteristically quiet Yongsun. From the sharp edge of her irresistible scent, she detected that the older woman was upset for some reason. She cocked her head slightly and approached her, holding the bag in front of her. “I don’t know why you are so quiet today, Unnie. I hope this will cheer you up.” She placed the small bag into her hands. “I really like the flowers so I decided to give this. Do you want to open it now?” There was eagerness in her voice.

Yongsun’s gaze fell on her, staring at her hard as if she had grown two heads. “What is this? You really shouldn’t have prepared something else.” Her brows contracted. She pushed the bag back to Byulyi, alarming the younger woman.

“Huh.” The rapper hated to admit that she was hurt by her rejection. Did she not know how many hours that she had spent over the past three days just to prepare this gift for her? She was so touched by that bouquet of asters that she decided to roll up her sleeves and worked hard to perfect this. “Since the grumpy Unnie doesn’t want, I’m going to give to the other Unnie.” She smiled faintly at Ms Cha. “I hope you accept this, it was made with my gratitude.”

Ms Cha’s eyes drifted to Yongsun uneasily, sensing that her charge had tensed. With shaking hands, she took the gift. “Thank you. Can I see what it is?”

Byulyi smiled encouragingly and gestured to it. “Go ahead.” She stowed her hands into the pockets of her trousers.

Manager-Unnie glanced at the brooding Yongsun again before she reached into the bag to take out a small container wrapped with delightful deep blue silk cloth in the furoshiki-style. It looked very elegant and the manager hesitated for a moment. Seeing that Yongsun was staring at her feet instead of being curious with the gift, she undid the clever knots to reveal a thermos flask.

“The chopsticks are here.” Byulyi took out a pair of chopsticks, wrapped neatly in cloth, and handed it to the manager. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could tell that Yongsun was more interested in her feet for some reason.

“Oh, you made something?” The female manager eagerly unscrewed the container and the delectable scent of tteokbokki filled their noses. Her eyes widened when she realised that Byulyi had cooked Yongsun’s favourite dish for her. “Did you make this, Moonbyul?” There was awe in her voice, staring at the steaming hot rice cake dish.

The cheeks of Byulyi pinked. “Yea, I asked around for good recipes. Tell me about the taste later.” She shrugged absently, trying to play off her embarrassment.

“Unnie, you’re biased,” remarked Wheein, staring at the mouth-watering dish. “Unnie, can I have one piece please?” begged Wheein, putting her hands together as if she was praying.

Before Ms Cha could respond, she was distracted by the puppy look Yongsun was shooting Byulyi. It took her just a heartbeat to process that Byulyi had learn to make this dish to please her. She tugged Byulyi’s sleeve almost pitifully. “Byul, give me another chance. I love this present.” There was a soft whine in her voice.

“If you don’t like it, would you have let your manager have it?” asked Byulyi, raising a brow. She folded her arms across her chest. She was not going to let her off the hook so easily.

“No,” insisted Yongsun, her eyes gleaming with determination. “It’s something that you did for me.” She spoke in a soft voice, audible only to Byulyi.

“OK. I will forgive you on one condition. You need to tell me why you’re treating me so indifferently,” returned Byulyi, tension dissipating from her shoulder. “Just a promise for now. We can talk about it later.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter