Day 70

100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know… ever since we were kids, trouble seems to get you.”

 

“It’s not like I wanted it to happen. It was unexpected.”

 

“The future is unpredictable Sooyoung-ah.”

 

I covered all my whole face with my hands. As a recap of what happened on the day Joohyun met my parents, was the fact that my mother wanted me to invite Sooyoung and my new friends to the housewarming party. My mother was fascinated by Joohyun’s storytelling that both my family members were engaged with. Yerim took tentative glances between us during that day.

 

And here I am, whispering at my best friend while walking. While the two other best friends were talking by themselves.

 

I suddenly locked eyes with Joohyun. She looked antsy as she held a basket of fruit.

 

“Do you think this will be enough?”

 

“I told you, my mother only wanted our presence. That basket is more than enough.”

 

“I can’t believe you guys are already meeting-up with your parents early in your relationship.”

 

“…….”

“…….”

“…….”

 

“Right… we’re not going there to announce our relationship, Seul. We’re only going there for the housewarming party.”

 

“Ahhh, I see… Then, it’s still a secret?”

 

“Yes.”

 

You innocent bear, if you only knew that our relationship was because of a deal.

 

“So, you had another friend, unnie?”

 

“Hi! Nice to meet you Seungwan’s sister. I’m Seulgi.”

 

“Come in! Come in! I have prepared delicious food. I hope that you will like them.”

 

My mother ushered us together, the wooden table that we owned was filled with food. Different delicacies that we rarely prepared were presented with a good appearance.

 

We all took a seat and started eating after praying.

 

“I’ve never really heard any stories from my daughter other than how she’s faring with her studies. So, I’m really thankful to know that Seungwan had indeed made new friends.”

 

“You’re hurting my feeling, Mrs. Son.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter