Their Beautiful Life

sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Hyejin's last night in Seoul.

Tomorrow she was back on the road to shoot the remainder of her drama, Lost Dandelion, in Buyeo.

The two lovers were walking along Han River hand in hand, bellies full after a pleasant meal. Their date slowly coming to an end.

Yongsun glanced at the slightly shorter girl to her left. Bundled in a fluffy white jacket, hair blowing in the wind, eyes matching the twinkling of the stars she was staring up at. Even after five years together she still couldn't believe it. How Yongsun managed to make Hyejin fall in love with her, she wasn't quite sure. But she wouldn't question the universe.

Every day she thanked the stars above for sending her Hyejin. A woman so soft, so delicate, so full of life.

As the singer continued admiring her girlfriend, she didn't notice the actress speaking to her.

"-ng... Yong... Unnie!" Hyejin huffed.

"Ah! Yes?"

Hyejin smirked. "I know my beauty is hypnotising but I was talking to you."

Yongsun playfully rolled her eyes. It is. "I’m sorry, what did you say?"

"I said there's only 3 more weeks of filming before we're done. After that I was thinking of taking a small break before preparing a new album."

"Oh, that's great! Us twits have missed you," she pouted.

Hyejin chuckled, the older girl has been her number one supporter ever since she debuted. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

"What are you talking about? I'm right here."

"No, Hyejin's right here. I miss Hwasa."

Hyejin halted her steps, feigning sadness. "You like Hwasa more than Hyejin?"

Yongsun laughed. Hyejin, not being able to hold her frown, smiled at hearing her favourite sound in the world.

"Of course not silly. Hyejin will always be my number one girl. But I do really love Hwasa. She's a close second."

"Good answer."

Yongsun laughed as they continued their walk along the river, the younger dragging her by the arm.

 

They stopped in front of their favourite spot.

For their first anniversary, Yongsun had set up an intimate picnic here. A cute red picnic mat covered with their favourite snacks and citrus sorbet scented candles to match the summer feel. The centerpiece portrait in their living room a permanent reminder of that beautiful evening. Hyejin sitting in between Yongsun’s legs with her back pressed against the latter’s front. Her head leaning on Yongsun’s shoulder while the latter had her arms wrapped around her waist, a kiss being placed at Hyejin’s temple. The actress was thankful for this gift from the elder. She didn’t even know Byulyi had captured that sweet moment.

Yongsun had made her best friend Byulyi tag along as their personal photographer. Memories are nice but I want a tangible reminder, she persuaded her best friend. Then just take a selfie, Byulyi rebutted. The singer-songwriter, one year her junior, agreed anyway. There's nothing she wouldn't do for the two girls. She loved them both just like her own sisters.

Hyejin let go of Yongsun's hand as she walked closer to the river. The water and winter breeze calmed her. She closed her eyes, enjoying this moment. She reminisced all the times she had to suppress her feelings for the older girl, too focused on her career. Who would've thought they'd be here today, so domestic and in lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter