oo9

I hate that you're happy (NCT Ten Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo9

 

 

"Jinsil-ah?"

 

The owner of the said name who was seated on the bed shifts her body to face her mother whose head was popping behind her bedroom door. The woman was looking at her expectantly and she offered her mom a weak smile, not daring to make any efforts of welcoming her inside but her mother knew. Her mother knew very well that she was feeling down it was making her lethargic.

 

 

"Do you want to go down for dinner?" 

 

 

Jinsil looked away before shaking her head, a silent indication that she wants to be alone. Her mother sighed, nevertheless, she knows not to pry into her daughter's life, not when she was not supportive of the life her daughter wanted all along. 

 

"If ever you want to eat, just go downstairs, we'll be waiting for you..."

She smiled bitterly, feeling another set of tears coming.

 

She bit it back. 

 

"Thanks mom..."

 

Feeling that she might not be able to hold it any longer, Jinsil looked in front of her window again, biting her lips to prevent herself from crying yet again. 

 

Not long after, she heard the door shutting close and the tears she worked so hard to keep at bay fell one by one, racing down the apple of her cheeks before she lifted her legs, caging it with her arms as she rocked herself back and forth on the bed. 

 

 

~~~

 

 

Gong Jinsil was lying down on her bed, staring up the ceiling blankly, her mind elsewhere. 

 

It was her who broke up with him, but why does it feel like she was the one left behind. 

 

After seeing the supposed to be "surprise" on their high school classroom, she felt like an idiot for dumping him. 

 

All along, he was planning to be with her forever, but sadly, the circumstances and the insecurities she had pushed the both of them to the edge of their relationship. 

 

 

She shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to cry anymore. How we, the moment she closes her lids, his laughing face is all she sees. 

His smiling cheerfully followed right after, transitioning to the broken look on his face that one faithful night.

 

She opened her eyes wide, breathing heavily. She needs to get her mind off unnecessary things. 

 

With this thought in mind, Jinsil sat up from her bed abruptly, rushing towards her study table, before she rummaged through her bag and picked her flash drive.

 

Right, whenever his image haunts her conscience, she should distract her self with work. 

 

 

Just like how she used to avoid him when they were having a fight. 

 

Flipping her laptop open, Jinsil waited for a few moments before plugging her flash drive into her device, browse through her folders and opened a certain powerpoint presentation due by the next week. 

 

 

For a minutes, Jinsil's mind wandered off from him, only focused on her work. However, a few minutes more, tiredness starts to rub off her whole system, steering her focus on her work. 

 

 

Closing the presentation, she opened up random folders in which she was brought back to the memories of her old self, growing and glowing through the years. 

 

Unconsciously, a smile graced itself on her lips, reminiscing her childhood and the funny and embarrassing moments it brings back. 

 

Browsing for a few more minutes, photos of her and Ten started showing and her smile widened even more. 

 

There were photos of her and him teasing each other, loving each other, and just simply being with each other. 

 

She felt light seeing their photos together, like she was having the time of her life. More switching from one folder to another ensued until she reached a certain thumbnail which was more odd looking rather than concept centered. 

 

Curiosity kicking in, Jinsil let her mouse click on the thumbnail and a video played. 

 

She rose her brows, leaning to rest her back on the chair. 

 

The video has Ten in it, self recording everything, behind him is a snowy road and he was waving gleefully. 

 

"Hello~" he started. 

 

He looked behind him swiftly before looking back at the camera, smiling cheekily. 

 

Jinsil let out a laugh unconsciously, finding his actions endearing. 

 

"Is she near?" He mused, eyes wandering on the surroundings before he placed the camera nearer, whispering a "don't tell anyone about this..."

 

She remembered this vacation, it was last year when the two decided to go up the mountains at a snowy January, healing their selves of the disappointments of the city. 

 

"I'm planning to propose to her next year..."

 

Her smile dropped. 

 

"...on our eight year anniversary."

 

He brought the camera away before giggling cutely, his eyes turning to slits before her figure started going near and she launched herself on his back, her arms instantly looping around his neck. 

 

"What are you doing?" She asked as she looked at the camera, swiftly planting a kiss on the corner of his lips. 

 

Ten smiled at the camera, eyeing it quite suspiciously before singing "secret~" at her. 

 

Jinsil from one year ago frowned at him, slapping her palm across his chest, "you're recording yourself again," to which the guy laughed after jumping slightly from the assault. 

 

"Why don't you cry skiing?" She complained and Ten looked at her blankly. She wigheld her body, trying to appeal to him by acting cute. 

 

"You know I can beat you if I learn, right?" He teased with a small smile and she pointed a little, still not taking 'no' as an answer. 

 

He sighed. Finally dropping down the camera, she heard him say.

 

"Alright, I'll go skiing with you..."

 

By this time, as she heard her gleefully cheer from his answer, her tears had been flowing non stop. 

 

He was planning to propose to her long ago...

 

He was planning to be with her for quite some time now...

 

And yet, she threw it on the trash as if eight years me at nothing to the both of them. 

 

That time, Jinsil knew, she wasn't being her self. Because of she is, then she wouldn't have reached for her phone and dialed his phone number that she knew by heart.

 

She pushed her mobile phone on her ear as she anxiously waited for him answer. 

 

One...

 

Two...

 

Three...

 

Until it turned to five, and still no answer from him. She was losing hope in being able to communicate with him when he picked up the call.

 

Seemed like he contemplated whether he'd answer her or not.

 

"Hello?"

 

"T-Ten?" She sat up straight, fixing her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter