Angst

Seven Days with iKON (iKON Fan Fiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 34: Angst   Hanbin's POV

I'm usually not the type of light-sleeper.

I could sleep anywhere and anytime I want, and when I sleep no one could wake me up easily. Except for Irina. Practically, she didn't try to wake me up at all-- but her gesture tonight somehow make me worried and restless. 

It started when I could vaguely hear she was accepting a call from someone. She went out to the balcony and talking on the phone in a long time. It was 3 AM in the morning too, which is a very strange time to call someone. I was half-asleep when she got back, and her face looked pale.

"Mwoya?" I asked her in a sleepy and hoarse voice.

She smiled a little and shook her head. "Nothing. You should sleep again." she said.

"But your face doesn't look good at all. Tell me--"

"It's nothing, really, Hanbin-ah." she interrupted me. "Gwenchana. Jaja!" she told me to sleep.

I was sleeping but like I told before: I was feeling worried and drowsily waking up from my sleep. Only to find out she wasn't sleeping at all and scrolling on her phone, looking like she was searching for something.

"Irina-yah, jaja." I told her while hugging her lazily.

"Yeah, but--"

"If you don't sleep, I won't sleep too." I threatened her half-heartedly.

She scoffed. "Ne, I'll just finished one last thing, okay?" she said while scrolling on her phone again. My eyes were half-opened and I didn't use my eyeglasses so I couldn't see what was on her screen.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Taking care some of my works." she said hastily.

"Jinjja, it's 3 AM in the morning and you still working?" I said in disbelief.

"Not only you who being a passionate hard-worker in this world, Kim Hanbin." she joked, making me groaned.

"C'mon, let's not working. I want to cuddle with you while sleeping." I whined and making her chuckled. Thankfully, she shut her phone and put it on the drawer besides the bed. She hugged me back and burying her head on my chest.

"Arasseo, Hanbin-ah. I'm sleeping now! See?" she said.

I smiled. "Nice. Let's have a nice sleep together." I murmured. 

She remained silent. The silence and warmness between us slowly making my consciousness gone. I was gradually drifted into the dreamland again, but before I was fully taken I managed to say something to Irina:

"I'll see you this morning." 

Strange, she still remained silent. 

"Hmm?" I mumbled only to her, not being able to letting any words again from my mouth.

"Ne, Hanbin-ah." she whispered softly that I could barely hear her. But I was feeling satisfied, and with that my consciousness was going to the dreamland.

If only I knew she was lying at that time.

***

In my dream, it was dark everywhere. 

It was almost like someone painted a black jet paint on my eyes.

But I could feel someone was touching my hand.

I recognised the tiny fingers, the delicate skin, and the warmth from her hand.

 "Irina-yah?" I called her.

"Hanbin-ah." she called me back. 

Her voice sounded strangely cold, despite of the warmth from her hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for not keeping my promise to you, Hanbin-ah." she said flatly.

"What? What promise?" I asked her confusedly.

"I gotta go." she said flatly, again.

"Where?! Why are you leaving me?" I asked her frantically. 

I tried to grab her hand, but now her hand was gone and I couldn't reach her.

"You will be okay." she said flatly.

I swear her flat tone was making me crazier.

"Irina, don't go." I told her desperately.

The silence was filling the darkness surrounds me.

I knew I was all alone in this strange place.

Darkness never frightens me, yet her disappearance makes me terrified.

"Irina, don't do this." I said again, only to hear my own echo. 

"Irina," I called her again, and I've been calling her a countless time ever since.

Irina.

Irina.

Irina.

Irina!"

***

"...Yah, Hanbin Hyung! Please let go of me!"

I woke up because something was writhing inside my arms.

When I opened my eyes, I found a familiar huge and round eyes staring at me exactly in front of my face. It was Chanwoo's. His eyes looking annoyed and panic at the same time. Apparently, he was something who was writhing inside my arms and waking me up. I practically hugged him tightly and he tried to let go from me.

"Woaahh!" I screamed out of my lungs and let him off.

Chanwoo fled away from my arms hastily. "I should be the one who screamed, Hyung!" he shouted while hiding behind Bobby, who was chuckling and busy taking the video from his phone.

I sat down and tried to collect all of my conscio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter