You and I

Secret Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I decided to drop a whole arc down to keep this just under 30 chapters :P sooo happy fluffy stuff all the way ^_^

Anyways, I found two commenters who were just so sweet and funny xD You're all awesome! Thank you <333 

Hyukjae and Donghae both walked out of the restaurant hand in hand (at Donghae's insistence) and was about to go back to the car when Hyukjae suddenly stopped walking and pulled Donghae back. The latter looked back at him confused. Hyukjae looked reluctant at first but one squeeze from Donghae and he told him what he wanted to do. 

"There's...an arcade here." 

Donghae still looked confused, not quite following what Hyukjae was insinuationg. "Okay? And?"

"Well...I was thinking," Hyukjae paused and took a deep breathe trying to hide his shyness from the other. "Maybe, we...we can go there? It's been a while since I've played and I would really like to go check it out."

"Oh. Okay." Donghae turned his head aiming to get the driver to drive them but Hyukjae pulled on his hand again and this time, when he looked at the other, he saw him shaking his head side to side. "What?"

"Uhh..." Hyukjae was a little reluctant to ask Donghae straight up that he wanted alone time with him without his driver's eyes on them, so he kept his eyes on the ground and played with his foot. Keeping his right foot pointed on the floor, he twirled it around and very softly asked, "...can we...can we walk there?"

"Walk there?"

"It's really not that far!" Hyukjae explained quickly and even pointed with his hand the way. "It's only a couple of blocks from here. There's no need to drive there."

Donghae was still confused as to why Hyukjae seemed so adamant about just walking to the arcade but seeing the adorable pleading look in his eyes, he couldn't find it in himself to disagree. Completely out of instinct, Donghae reached forward and squeezed the left side of Hyukjae's cheek while grinning from ear to tear. The latter, of course, whined at the sudden treatment and rubbed the sore spot with his free hand as soon as Donghae released his cheek. While he was busy soothing the mild pain on his face, Donghae turned to their driver and waved him off with his hand. A simple single move that the other already knew too well. With a simple tip of a hat, The driver walked back around to the driver seat and drove off. 

"Alright, Hyukkie." Donghae called the other and didn't miss the look of surprise of Hyukjae's of face. "Where do we go?"

"Did you just call me, Hyukkie?"

"I did." Donghae smiled proudly and intertwined his and Hyukjae's finger together as he led the way towards the direction Hyukjae pointed at earlier. "Remember the contract? You need to come up with a nickname for me too."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and followed along after Donghae. "How about 'idiot'? Can I call you that?"

Donghae tutted at him and said, "Nuh uh. Didn't you read the contract? That's not a nickname."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and tried to take his hand back from Donghae but the latter still had a pretty firm hold on him. 

"But it fits you so well." Hyukjae argued. 

"I don't care." Donghae said back to him, his playful smile not once falling from Hyukjae's stubborn teasing. "Give me a nickname. A sweet one so I know how much you love me."

"How about you bite me." Hyukjae snapped with a scoff. 

Donghae smirked and stopped walking just to give Hyukjae the look. He took a step closer to him, making Hyukjae tense up since he refused to back away and show how much Donghae's predatory look affected him, and gently caressed his cheeks with his right hand. 

"That can be arrange." 

Hyukjae's eyes widened a little when he saw Donghae slowly leaning forward to him. His mind was blank while his heart pounded against his chest trying to figure out if he would really just let Donghae lean forward and steal a kiss from him or if he should headbutt him on the chin and run away as fast as he can. That was, until a very familiar voice broke through their moment together causing the both of them to go rigid. 

"Hyukjae?"

Donghae slowly turned while Hyukjae sported a mix of surprise and panic seeing Kibum standing right behind Donghae with Changmin next to him. 

"Kibum!" He called and then looked at Donghae who had a frown on his face and immediately pulled him back to hide him behind him. Hyukjae held Donghae's hand tightly behind his back before chuckling nervously towards Kibum and Changmin's direction. "H-Hey, guys! Wha-What are you doing here?"

Kibum blinked and tried to process what he was seeing before his eyes that he didn't really register Hyukjae's question in his head. Changmin noticed and saved him from making a fool of himself by intercepting and answering Hyukjae's question with a warm smile on his face. 

"We were just buying some clothes in the area." He explained and immediately noticed the tight hand holding Hyukjae was trying to hide behind his back. "We kind of rushed our way back to Korea and didn't bring enough change of clothes."

"Oh. Okay." Hyukjae's nervous smile didn't go away as his eyes traveled back and forth between Changmin and Kibum. He briefly glanced back at Donghae and noticed that his eyes were staring steady towards Kibum's way and followed his line of sight only to find Kibum doing the same thing to Donghae. He sweatdropped a little and hoped Donghae wouldn't figure out his connection to Kibum any time soon. 

"Hi," Donghae suddenly greeted causing Hyukjae to jump a little from where he stood. "I'm Donghae. Hyukjae's husband," he blatantly introduced himself while extending a hand towards Kibum.

Hyukjae and Changmin both looked at his hand, feeling a little tensed, while Kibum just took a step forward to close the gap between them and reached to shake Donghae's hand. "I'm Kibum." A firm handshake ensued while maintaining a strict eye contact with each other. Hyukjae gulped while Changmin tried not cringe at the awkward atmosphere that was falling upon them. "I didn't know you two got married already." Kibum commented.

"We will." Donghae assured, his hand gripping Kibum's just a little tighter. "Don't worry."

Kibum smirked and did the same thing back to Donghae. "But you're not yet."

A dangerous glint showed on Donghae's face and just when he was about to glower, Changmin mediated the situation by stepping in between the two of them and breaking their hand connection and extending his own hand towards Donghae. 

"Hi! Changmin!" He said a little louder than necessary. "I'm Eunhyuk-..I-I mean Hyukjae hyung's friend from college."

Donghae took a second to look at Changmin before reaching forward to shake his hand as well. This time lighter and a lot less intense than with Kibum. 

"Hi. Donghae." He greeted back curtly but then his eyes shifted back at Kibum who seemed to be assessing him from head to toe. 

Hyukjae let out shaky laugh after that and pulled Donghae back behind him, trying to diffuse the weird tension that just surrounded them. 

"W-Well, it was nice to see you two. You probably still have a lot of things to do." Hyukjae excused and tried to turn but Kibum piped up that made him close his eyes annoyingly in defeat and lips twitching in slight grimace. 

"We're done actually. Changmin and I were about to go to that old arcade place that we used to hang out in," Kibum informed casually before sporting  a wide smile that made him look extremely handsome, and Donghae's never wanted to slap someone so hard in his life. "Do you want to join us? Unless...you have something else planned to do?"

Hyukjae was just about to reject the idea and say they were on their way home when Donghae cut him off. 

"We were actually on our way there." Donghae took his and Hyukjae's clasped hands together and displayed it proudly on his side which was followed by a happy smirk when he saw Kibum's eyes travel down to stare at it. "Maybe we could all hang out together."

The offer by itself was friendly but the tone and look Donghae used to say it made it sound like a taunt challenge rather than an invite. Changmin and Hyukjae both looked at the two of them worriedly and shared the same idea that Kibum and donghae spending more time with each other could only be catastrophic. Kibum, however, was never one to back down from a challenge and he knew that this might be his one and only chance to see if he had any actual chance left with Hyukjae still. 

"Okay." he agreed with a smile before briefly looking at Hyukjae then back at Donghae. "I'm sure we'll have lots fun."

Hyukjae and Changmin both sweatdropped at Kibum's words as they once again echoed each other's thoughts.

No...we won't. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

The arcade was not that from from the restaurant like Hyukjae said, but the walk there seemed too long and arduous to deal with. Donghae and Hyukjae took the lead with Changmin and Kibum walking side by side right behind them. Hyukjae kept glancing back to them every now and then, head making small bows of apology to Changmin who just smiled understandingly at him. They both shared a secret and understanding that only they knew about so when Changmin slowed down his pace and fell back a  few feet away from the couple ahead of them. He smiled happily when Kibum still matched pace with him. 

"Min, are you okay?" Kibum asked, falling back a little even though his eyes remained on Hyukjae's back with his eyes glancing down occasionally on his and Donghae's clasped hands as though he was making sure that they were still indeed holding hands. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter