Chapter 4

The Past Is Always Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That's her," came a voice from the other end of the bar that Jeongyeon was sat at. There were two girls sat together, one was taller and had purple hair compared to the shorter girl who had black hair.

 "Are you sure this time, Bree? Remember last time?" said the shorter, darker haired girl. 

"Yes Clover, I'm certain of it," Bree replied as a barman came over. 

"Dahyun, Chaeyoung, same again?" He asked. Bree and Clover looked up at the mention of their aliases. Bree as Dahyun. Clover as Chaeyoung.

“I'll have a red wine please," the purple haired girl spoke, "and Chaeyoung would like a coke please," she continued as the bar man nodded his head and entered the order into the bar till.

"One of us has to be responsible and we all know it's not Dahyun." The trio laughed as the bar man went to get the drinks.

“Now, back to what we were saying,” Bree continued, “I am sure that the girl sat over there on her own is Jamiria’s doppelganger and will have the ability to host her soul.”

“And just how do you know this?” the smaller of the two asked.

“Remember Clover, I can sense people’s auras, and that girl over there is giving off an aura like Jamiria from seven hundred years ago. Usually another host form would have came along within five hundred years, so for her to take seven hundred is both strange and special.”

As Bree finished explaining, the barman walked over and gave the pair their drinks. “One red wine for you Dahyun,” he handed the wine to the purple haired girl, “and a coke for you Chaeyoung,” handing the glass to the smaller girl. “That will be ten thousand won, please.”

The taller girl reached into her purse and got the money out and paid the barman. 

As she did so, Jeongyeon checked her phone and saw the time was now approaching eight in the evening, she decided to stand up from her chair at the bar and make her way towards the exit of the bar, giving a slight wave to Sana who was still performing as she walked past the two girls who had been talking about her. Jeongyeon exited the building and starting to make the familiar walk home to her apartment.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, Tzuyu was getting ready for another date night. Although they see each other regularly at work, this was still one of the few date nights that she had been able to organise with Mina. Tzuyu was putting the final touches to her make up, when suddenly the phone rang. She looked at her phone and a picture of Mina came up. She couldn’t help but smile at the picture, before she answered the call. “Hey Minari.” Her heart fluttered at hearing the voice that replied back.

“Hey Tzuyu-Yah, are you all set for our date this evening?” Mina asked Tzuyu.

“I’m just finishing applying my makeup and then ilyl be ready. I’ll get my chauffeur to pick you up and then take us to our destination,” Tzuyu replied. Just the sound of Mina’s voice made her feel like she was floating on air.

“You don’t need to add no makeup Tzuyu, you are beautiful just the way you are.”

Tzuyu blushed at hearing the girl of her dreams gushing over her beauty. “Okay sweet talker, you are definitely getting a reward tonight after our night out.”

“I can’t wait, I’ll see you shortly,” Mina teased in a flirtatious tone before ending the call.

‘ I don’t know how she does it, but she makes it so easy to fall for her. ’ Tzuyu smiled as she left her penthouse for her car.

The night progressed smoothly for Tzuyu, from collecting Mina from her house to the food and music selection in the candlelit restaurant. She had hired out the restaurant so she wouldn't be disturbed for her perfect night, with her perfect woman. Her Myoui Mina.

The pair arrived back at Tzuyu’s penthouse. Before exiting the back of the car, Tzuyu had a question for Mina. “Are you sure you don’t want Elkie to drop you back home? It's no trouble for me or her.”

“I believe I have a reward to collect from someone so therefore I don't think I'll be needing Elkie to give me a lift home." Mina’s flirty side was showing once again, flustering Tzuyu. “But thank you for the offer.”

“Y-Your w-welcome,” Tzu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter