Chapter 3

The Past Is Always Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jamiria, I need you to repeat after me,” Clover reiterated to a semi-conscious Jamiria. “Say Soulius Survivio.”

 

“Soul-ius…” Jamiria couldn’t finish before drifting out of consciousness again.

 

“Jamiria!” Sally and Carissa screamed the girl's name. Their calling seemed to work as Jamiria reopened her eyes groggily.

 

“Carissa,” Jamiria spoke softly as Carissa collapsed to Jamiria’s side. Jamiria weakly cupped Carissa’s cheek and then rested her hand on Carissa’s shoulder. “You are now Sally’s personal knight, I know you will do well.” Jamiria smile was weak. Carissa was sobbing as she stood up and walked back over to Sally.

 

“Jamiria, you need to repeat what I have said to survive,” Clover warned Jamiria. “Repeat after me, Soulius Survivio.”

 

“ Soulius Survivio…” Jamiria replied with her last breath, as a purple smoke left her body and flew towards a book that Bree was holding. Clover leant over and shut the eyes of, the now dead, Jamiria.

 

“Jamiria! No!” Sally sobbed and sobbed before being brought back into the court grounds by Carissa.

 

“My liege, I know you are hurting, believe me, I am hurting too,” Carissa was trying to help Sally, “but you need to be strong for her. You will see her again someday, of that I am certain.”

 

“But, she's not here now, I need her here now!” Sally pushed the squire away; Alfreda saw what had gone on and came over to Carissa.

 

“Please give her some time, I appreciate your help,” Alfreda offered a soft smile. “I am sorry for your loss too.” Alfreda’s soft smile left her face as she turned and ran after Sally.

 

“I hope you know what you are doing Clover,” Bree warned Clover, “because right now I see two very broken women”

 

“Trust me Bree,” Clover had a small grin form on her face. “Good things come to those who wait.”

 

--

 

Jeongyeon was tossing and turning in her bed. ‘Another nightmare’ she thought, ‘but it's seems so real.’ Looking down at her abdomen finding a scar that had been there since birth, but she had no idea how it got there. She looked over to the alarm clock at the side of her bed and saw it was 6:45am. She knew it was time to get up and prepare for another day. As she got out of bed, her phone rang. Looking at who it was, she saw the face and immediately answered, “Hello.”

 

“Were you out drinking again last night Jeongyeon?” came the voice from the other end of the phone.

 

“No Tzuyu, I wasn’t, I promise,” Jeongyeon informed the woman over the phone.

 

“You better not have been, because you need to help teach Momo the ropes and you can’t be doing that if you were out the night before,” Tzuyu scolded the older girl. “I didn’t personally appoint you for any other reason apart from you are the best security guard in this city. Now you need to act like it.” The call ended.

 

‘How does anyone put up with her?’ Jeongyeon thought as she got into the shower.

 

Two hours later and Jeongyeon was arriving for work. She saw Mina on the reception and went over. “Hey Mina.”

 

“Oh, hey Jeongyeon, how’s things been?” Mina queried.

 

“Same old, same old, you know how it is,” Jeongyeon smiled at Mina. “Is there any chance I can get a meeting with Tzuyu please?”

 

“I’ll have to see if she’s free, let me try her line.” Mina lifted the phone to her ear. After a few seconds the line was connected. “Hey babe, is everything okay today for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter