Chapter 6

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucas POV

"I'm hungry..." She murmured into his neck. He could feel the hair on his nape bristled as a shiver coursed down his spine when her warm breath hitting his bare neck. He cautiously pulled away from her. She glanced upward, giving him an innocent stare. He stared back at her, studying her face. "What?" she mouthed. As if some invisible string was pulling him, he unconsciously tilted his head sideways and move closer to hers. She blinked. Once. Twice. Thre—

He snapped back to his sense when their lips were an inch away from each other. He cleared up his throat and mumbled low, "I-I'll go...get the food or something!"

He got up from the couch, half-expecting her to swear at him, but she didn't. She just sat there, looking unbothered. This is bad, like really really bad. He almost lost it! Thank God, she was slow! She was probably going to kill him if she realized what he was trying to do just now. He seriously needed to cool his head off before he made some dumb mistake.

"When is your parent coming home again?" he asked her as he strolled away toward the kitchen counter.

"I don't know, she only said she'll be late..." She said, looking down at her phone screen.

"Do you want a jelly pudding?" he asked her again while going through her fridge. She mused 'Yep!' across the living room. "You should call her..." he mused again as he took out one of the jelly pudding cups, a bag of potato chips and a bottle of mineral water before strolling back to the couch.

"She didn't pick up her phone..." she said, showing her phone screen at him.

He sighed then putting the snacks between them. She gave him a disapproval look, he ignored her and proceed to open the lid of the jelly pudding cup. "Maybe we should consider that horror mov—"

"No!!!" she cut him off right away. He chuckled and shoveled a spoonful of pudding into his mouth. "Let's watch something light, like a romantic comedy..." he choked on his pudding.

"Let's not..." he refused her suggestion between his coughs. Romantic comedy? In this situation? Really? Is this girl trying to drive him crazy or what? "We should watch something fun like..um...The Lion King or How to Train Your Dragon..." he suggested.

"Xuxi, what are you? Five?" she asked, squinting her eyes at him.

"So what? It's so much fun than those cheesy romcoms... " he argued.

"This is why you don't have any girlfriend..."

"What are you talking about? I have you..." he wriggled his brows at her.

"I'm not your girlfriend..."

Not yet! He mentally commented. "But you're my future bride..." He cooed, trying to annoy her. "Did you just forget about it?" She ignored his question and snatched the jelly pudding cup from him. "Let me remind you again. You promised to marry me while we're watching the sunset last week..." She gave him a disgusted look. He grinned and continued to , "Ah... is that why you want to watch a romcom now? I have no idea you're such a hopeless romantic!"

"Ugh, fine! Let's watch The Lion King before I lose all of my toes..." she snapped, cringing hard at his toe-curling line.

Lucas snickered. "Wait, let me get a box of tissue first, you're going to cry a river..."

"I'm not going to cry this time..." she said with a pompous tone.

"You will..." he mused calmly while taking another scoop of jelly pudding into his mouth.

"Watch me..."

He laughed again, given the last time they watched The Lion King, she was a sobbing-mess, he doubted she would last without shedding any tears tonight. "You wanna bet?" he challenged her, half-joking.

"Sure, If I won, you will do everything I want for a week..." she replied enthusiastically.

"Everything, as in 'everything'?"

"Everything!" she repeated again confidently.

"Deal! You better be prepared for it..." he smirked at her then shook her hand, sealing their deal.

"That's my line..." she protested. He laughed again while murmuring 'sure' at her.

"Are you crying yet?" Lucas asked her several minutes into the movie. He got no answer. "Yah!" He nudged her arms, instead of responding to him, her head fell onto his shoulder. He glanced sideways and found her fast asleep. "So much for movie marathon..." He mumbled while trying to adjust her sleeping position, so she could lay comfortably on the couch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter