Chapter 9

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That was fun!" said Lucas to exhilarated-looking Ten once they get off from the roller-coaster ride. "If not for those long- queue line, I would love to do it again..." Ten nodded his head, totally seconded him. "So what's next?" he asked others.

"I think we already finished all the popular one..." responded Soyeon.

"Let's take a ghost house tour before head back indoor..." suggested Yuta.

"Ghost house?" Lucas repeated Yuta's suggestion, glancing quietly at Yuqi who had stricken expression on her face.

"That would be fun..." commented Soyeon. "Will you be okay?" Soyeon nudged Yuqi in the arm.

"Huh? What?" Yuqi responded, eyes dancing nervously. Lucas sent her a teasing look.

"Of course, she is..." Jaehyun answered the question before Yuqi could find her voice again. "We're watching Pet Sematary weeks ago and Yuqi didn't even blink or screaming like everyone else..." Jaehyun elaborated. Lucas let out snorted and turned his head away, trying to suppress chuckles when Yuqi threw him a menacing glare.

"You do know we don't have to do this, right?" Lucas muttered low to Yuqi in an undertone as they stopping in front of the rustic-looking wooden door with a humongous hooded skull statue holding the 'Ghost House' platform on top of it. She glanced at him with perturbing eyes. He softened his voice and mused, "All you have to do is stop pretending to be okay when it's not..."

She drew a shaky breath and mumbled, "I- I'll be fine, it just a prop anyway..."

Lucas sighed at her stubbornness. "Fine, just don't call me crying to cuddle you up to sleep tonight..." he hissed when Jaehyun moving closer to where they stood.

"I won't!" she mused defiantly, looking distressed.

Lucas tilted his head, staring amusedly at her for a couple of seconds before muttered, "Ok then— Oh I think that's our cue..." he beckoned her to step forward. Yuqi glanced at him, reluctantly dragged her feet toward the wooden door.

Yuqi grabbed his arm as soon as they stepped inside the ghost house. He snickered softly. "Really? We still at the entrance door..." he as they followed the others through the dim-lit tunnel toward the next room. Instead of responding to his comment, she tightened her grip onto his arm, walking very closer to him.

Yuqi let out a muffled scream and leaped onto him, startling when 3D animation movie suddenly started playing some kind of creepy movie with a tremendous sound effect as they entered the next room which designed into some kind eerie-looking living room.

"Yah! It's not even started yet..." Soyeon who just joined them in the room poked Yuqi's arms that encircled tightly onto his, sporting him a playful smirk. Lucas grinned back at her but when he about to respond, Jaehyun scrambled into the room, followed by excited looking Miyeon.

"Oh, it started already..." Jaehyun mused as he strolled toward them as Yuqi lifted her face from his arm. For a second he thought she would let go of his hand the moment Jaehyun's eyes bored quizzically onto their linked arms but she didn't. She didn't even pretend to act cool like she always did. She gave Jaehyun a weak smile and darted her eyes onto their eerie surroundings. Jaehyun glanced quickly at him before turned his head toward the movie screen which showing them a group of boys in their twenties entered the abandon and creepy-looking amusement park on the dead of night, holding cameras a la Ghost Hunters.

Ten minutes through the movie, one of the boys on the screen started to realize that filming in the creepy site like the abandon amusement park was a bad idea. Yuqi and the girls let out a scream when something resemblance an ugly-scarecrow or giant doll suddenly dropped onto the floor as one of the boys on the screen got drag by an invisible force.

"It's okay..." Lucas comforted Yuqi who just jumped onto him a few seconds ago. "It just a prop, remember?" he quoted her remark earlier, couldn't help to about it. She mumbled 'shut up' on to his chest. "Come on now, it gets interesting..." he persuaded her to pull herself away from him and continued to watch the movie.

"No, I just want to get out of here..." she croaked, clutching tightly onto his tee, sounds terrified. Abandoning his futile effort to make her lifted her head again, Lucas sighed before encircling his arms around her and let her spent the rest of the movie burying her face into his chest.

"It's over! Come on scaredy-cat, we need to move on to the next room..." Lucas patted her back when the short movie ended several minutes later. She didn't budge. "Yah! You want to get out of here, right?" he murmured again, casually averting his gaze from Jaehyun's puzzled expression to Yuqi who seemed reluctant to detach herself further away from him.

They moved onto the next rooms, which designed into some kind of creepy looking nursery and old-battered kitchen counter, to his relieved nothing significant happened in those rooms except the spooky atmosphere, though it gave no comfort to Yuqi at all. If anything she was gripping his arm even tighter with half squinting-eyes as they moved toward the exit gate.

"You're hopeless..." Lucas .

"No, I'm not. The others are screamiIIING!!!!" Both of them yelled in unison when a white dressing figure with long dark hair that resembles the infamous ghost from 'The Ring' character jumped out of nowhere.

"Dammit, she startled the hell out of me!" Lucas breathed heavily, squeezing hysterical-Yuqi in his arm when the white-dressing figure retreated to the dark corner by the exit gate, probably getting ready to attack people behind them. "Let's get out of here..."

"I hate this place..." Yuqi panted heavily once they got out of the Ghost House, looking pale.

Lucas laughed softly and helped her rearranged her messy locks. "But you've got to admit that was one finest makeup and acting skill ..."

"Who cares about their make up..." she pouted at him.

***

As the beautiful orange glow of sunset covered the magic island, Lucas and the company strolled back to the indoor theme park. They decided to settle down at one of the food courts in the area to have an early dinner after taking several commemorate p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter