Chapter 24

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't be such a wimp! Go greet him!" said mom, beckoning her toward the door.

"Aaaah why? I told you I don't want to go!!!"

 

"You can thank me later..." said Mom, grinning broadly at her.

Yuqi gave her one last contemptuous glare before pulling open the front door. Cautiously she stepped through the entrance door, feeling dreadful at the prospect of seeing Jaehyun mounted up from the white stone stairs but to her relief no one there yet. She drew a deep sigh and paced around the front porch, racking her brain to come up with a smart excuse to decline Jaehyun's invitation. What should she use as an excuse this time? Something polite but convincing, something—

She stopped pacing back and forth the moment she heard incoming footsteps from the stairs, overcome by panic she blurted out, "Sorry oppa, I just woke up and—" She gasped when her eyes caught the familiar tall figure mounting up from the last flight of the stairs. It wasn't Jaehyun at all.

He stopped on his track and with incredulous tone mused, "Oppa? Since when you—" She snapped back to reality then let out a happy squeal as she broke into a run and jumped into his arms.

"Oh my God, are you a banshee?" he commented, sounding flustered as he caught her in time and held her up onto his arms, cradling her like a baby koala, both legs wrapped around his waist while both arms rested comfortably around his neck.

"Are you done with the training camp?" She beamed at him, ignoring his banshee comment, feeling gleeful and content for the first time since they got back from Thailand.

He gave her an amused stare and said, "It's only been a week, silly..." She already knew that, but she couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed with the answer. It would be great if Lucas didn't have to go back to the training camp. "I only come back because somebody was having a mental breakdown while I'm away..." he added again with a playful smirk.

"I'm not!!!" she retorted in a defiance sort of tone.

Lucas smirked and mused, "Who's talking about you?" She scowled. He laughed at her reaction.

"Whatever!" She brushed it off and played it cool as she felt the heat rise onto her cheeks. "Since you're here, let's go and watch a movie..." she continued again, beaming.

"A movie? I thought you already went to a movie the other day..." he responded. Yeah, she did tell him about the disaster movie outing with Jaehyun.

"Then what should we do? Camping?" she asked half-joking.

"That's a good idea, but first, get down! You're not as light as you think!" he gestured to her tiny figures. She glowered down at him. "I think you need to go easy on those burgers and chee—ouch!!!" Lucas let out a muffled yelp when she pulled his soft jet-black hairs out of annoyance. "I take it back... I take it back! You're as light as a feather..." he pleaded. She chuckled and stopped pulling his hair but continued touching it. His hair was surprisingly soft. She loved the tickling sensation when she ran her finger through it—

"Are you not going to get off me?" he interrupted her thoughts, watching her closely. She hummed low and mumbled 'no' under her breath before diving back into the crook of his neck. It was nice to be this close to him, especially when she was in this strange cuddly mood. "It'll be very awkward if your dad walked on us..." he added again in an audible whisper. Like a cue, she heard the approaching footsteps from inside the house. Almost unwillingly, she pulled back and got on to her feet.

"Ugh, my back!" Lucas moaned playfully. She pouted and smacked his arm lightly.

"What are you two doing in the doorway?" asked Mom as she emerged from the entrance door, looking curious. "Come on in..." Mom ushered them inside after Lucas greeted her and complimented her summer look with a radiant smile.

"So, what's the occasion?" He asked mom as they strolled into the living room.

"Mom's going to the movie with dad..." She explained instead. "Shall we come and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter