The Encounter

Day Before The Fall

The Encounter

 

We were strangers starting out on a journey. Never dreaming what we have to go through. Now here we are, and I'm suddenly standing

...At the Begginning with You...

September 10th 2026

The gleaming stars compliment proficiently with the ebony dark velvet sky. Well, the darkest night produce the brightest stars.

...That Was Us...

Before the incident, the incident that changed everything. The Present. The Future. You. Me. Us.

There will no longer be us. There will only be Me... and I am sick of that. What happened? Is this my ever after ending? Why does it have to be like this? Trains of questions rushed through my mind.

An oodles of people are petrified of the past because it reminds them of the paralysing occurence that people yearn to obliterate. But they seem to forget, where there is darkness, there is light. The past is not only saturated with sorrow, but also gaiety. The past is the only thing we can't change ; which has its beauties and its curses. The beauty being that the buoyant recollection will never change, and the curse being the forlorn phenomenon can never be changed. How contradicting... The histories, may it be bad or good, whether we made mistakes or a decency, we reflect on them to get a grasp, we reminisce them not to halt us from propelling but to form a foundation to make us stronger. We remember because its a worth reminiscence of the memories we shared, the love we shared. The people that were once with us, they may have left, but their legacies, the important roles they played in our life always remains and the memories are the only thing that they bequeath to us. And even though our hearts may be stinging with the pain that slowly devour us, gradually shattering our hearts into million pieces, don't you worry, you'll know that a heart thats broke is a heart that's been loved.

Memories may not be relived but we can always replay it in our heart. Not to haunt us, not to make us anxious, but to remain as a chapter of our lives, to remind us of our loved ones. Because a life with love is a life that has been lived.

 

 

 

The Realisation.

It's Over.

 

It's Not Over

...Unless you forget...

Because even if the person left...

The pain linger... The regrets stay... The guilt bide

...But among all that...

The Memories Remains

Forever and Ever

...Unless you forget...

I will never forgive you for what you did, not becuase you are not worth forgiving, but because at least I have a reason for me to remember you and for me to believe that you are still

...Here...

Averting my attention away from the sky, I just registered that I'm lost in the middle of nowhere... Cursing underneath my breath, I saw a silhouette casted upon the light right beneath the bridge across the river. That may seem eerie to other people as it is in the middle of the night and in the middle of an unknown locale, but I have better things to think of than a certain horror happenings. I felt the silhouette nearing, and its shadow layed upon mine in a jiffy. Judging from the shadow - despite its thin grasshopper legs - I can tell that it is a man due to the broad shoulders and muscular arms. Looking up, he wore a mask that obscured the man's feautures. However, I saw his eyes and unconciously fell deep into it as if a spell casted on me, I dug deeper into his black orbs filled with mystery and secrecy. He offered his hand, and that's when cognizance struck me like a lightning. I was drifting further away from the shore of the lake. Still had no idea of the location of the lake nor the reason why I was in the lake in the first place. He saw confusion written over my face but did not know the reason. Assuming I was attempting on a suicide, he took back his hand and said

" Go ahead, I'm not going to stop you. Just remember you will regret it. "

" There are many things to see in life and you will miss all the adventure and harzadous experience... Your lost. "

Striding away, he suddenly halted his steps, stole a glance of me who was struggling to get nearer to the shore, and the idea that I probably couldn't swim sank in to him and he promptly dived in. Yes, he dived in just to save a stranger from choking dirty lake waters to death. He carried me up in bridal style, striving to keep me warm in spite of the numerous time I refused his help, he gave me his jacket saying " You should be kept warm, you deserve to be. ". What does that mean? Just like how romantic scenes from the movie, he slowly leans in, I backed away, but he continue to lean further decreasing our proximity and he...  wiped away the snivel running down from my nose. Embarassment crept over me, I ' gently ' pushed him, but he was much of a weakling as he stumbled upon the rock and fell in the lake. Stupid.

Moments passed, there wasn't any sign of him. Feeling guilty and a little panicked, I dived in, in hopes of finding him. That's when he suddenly jumped up from the bottom of the lake right in front of me. After feeling a little shock - I mean I already prepared myself for a lark, but still I was worried that I may be wrong about him pulling an antic on me - , I redeemed myself and an arm swiftly swept me above the water and carry me to the shore again. What an unexpectedly fortunate night, diving in the lake twice, getting carried to the land twice, and getting drenched twice. Without even trying to dry ourselves, we sat back down admiring the moonlight in silence without venturing to strike up a conversation. We enjoyed each others presence in tranquility anyway. After feeling drowsy, not trying to fight back against the somnolence, I wandered to sleep. Ignoring the thoughts of menancing occurence that may happen because there is a stranger next to me and he may or may not be a rascal.

The next morning, I woke up feeling something soft yet bony beneath my head. Gradually, my vision became clearer, I saw him leaning against a lamp-post, eyes closed. Peaceful and content written all over his face. I avert my gaze to the cold winter lake vista, I began to wonder if this place is abandoned or prohibited to enter. How could this exquisite site be isolated, however I did not see any " Forbidden " signs. Me, who was still clueless about the guy - who was willing to sacrifice his legs as a pillow to a stranger he encountered last night - was awake and scruntinising me while I was busy revering the mother nature. After a moment, I sensed his gaze, I turned to him and gave him a questioning look. His stare was filled with curiousity and perhaps a hint of admiration. He then chuckled lowly, meekly placing my head on the cold surface of the bench and left.