Lay's here.

2:21
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 so sorry for the long wait . I had some famiy matters to handel and midterms too. am' so sorry for the long wait but am' happy to be on my regular schedual so expect a couple updates back to back. Thank you @sanlly2419 and @ katsmew for the lovelly comments. After reading your commnets I stayed up just to update atleast one chapter. thank you to all the readers for all the love and support . . I luv luv all of you. Enjoy !

 

 

           ---------------------                  -------------------------

 

 

        “ .    .    . Yes sir “ the man who brought up the folder walked back in. This time giving a small bow to the man sitting on the couch with one hand swirling the glass filled with the scothe the dad always prefers .   .   . While the other was still picking the pictures one by one and throwing them into the folder.

 

    “ .    .    .  We're gonna fly back today , get it arranged “ the dad threw the last picture into the folder before he glanced up at the man walking his way .

 

    “ .   .    .  If you're flying because of her , she is actually flying here today” the man walked up to couches and sat down on the one in front of the dad.

 

 

    “ .    .     .   There is a conference here and she’s coming with lay and also your flight to new york is hours before they get here “ the man added as the dad just took a sip of his drink while standing up and walking towards the window.

 

     “ .    .     .   She is an advisor for lay , use to be an advisor for the city council where .  

 

    “ .   .   .   i know “ the dad interrupted. With her unique look hyeon wasn't one the C.E.O. would easily forget about. He clearly remembers how lay described that she use to work for the city that they were purchasing the land from .  Just that by itself has risen the ceo’s blood pressure up . The fact that she use to work for the city council .   .   .   And probably was part of the demonstration that trashed him down .   .  But what was more stunning was the new changes jae made to the plan , which now make sense as to why he even pushed everybody to sign on it.

 

     “ .   .   .   Find out what happened with min ah “ the dad took another sip. The reason most didn't even bother to care about jae's  personal life was because of Min ah . Almost everybody who knew them was convinced these two were gonna end up married.  

 

      “ .    .    .  She's in the states”  the man quickly replied.

 

“ .    .     .  Is this something he's doing behind her back or what is going on?” the dad asked . Having payed no attention to Jae’s life , the dad doesn't even know where to start to put the puzzle together.

 

    “ .   .    .  Sir your meeting is in five minutes “ the assistant walked in and announced .

 

   “ .   .    .  Find everything about this girl ““ the dad gulped down the rest on the drink as he turned around and started walking back to the table.

 

    “ .   .     . I want every information you hear me? ” he banged the glass back down on the table.

    “    .    .     where she lives  .  .who she knows .     .   

    her parents  . . i want everything on my desk when i get back” the dad , with one swing picked his jacket off the chairs back and started walking to the door.

 

   “ .   .    . What do i do with this “ he pointed to the folder .

 

“ .   .    .  The madman is expecting me to report this to her tomorrow “ he added as he picked the folders up and started arranging the pictures.

 

     “ .    .    .  She's leaving for paris tonight don't worry about that “ the dad started walking to the door.

 

     “ .   .     .   Get rid of that “ he pointed to the folder before he walked out .


 

         “ .   .   .  Who’s the one coming to the conference “ the dad asked the assistant as he led the way to the elevator.

 

     “ .    .    .  It was suppose to be the executive director but now it's the general manager “ the assistant replied as he pressed the up elevator button.  

 

  --------      -----------

 

8:17 a.m.      

 

      “ .    .     . Why are you rushing ?” jae asked as he sat down on the chair while hyeon quickly runs around the kitchen.

 

      Even Though she said she would let him cook hyeon has waken up early  , packed her bags .  .  Cleaned the house,  took a shower .  and cooked breakfast as he woke up .    .    Upset that she tricked him jae has quietly ate his breakfast after a quick shower.

 

    “ .   .   .  I have to go pick the kids today .  .   “ she went on placing all the washed stuff away.

 


 

   “ .    .   .  Joon called in the morning and had one of your people bring you the car .  .  The key is over it “ hyeon pointed to the table .  .  The black key sitting the middle was what she was pointing at .  

 

     “ .    .    .   I have to leave in like 20 minutes to get the train .   .   . “ she walked past him and run into the bedroom .  .  Jae folding his arms slowly followed behind. The room actually looks way brighter with the windows fully open and the sun light beaming in . The sun , that has hidden for days seem to be up and bright today .

 

    “ .   .    .   I woke up late , i was suppose to wake up at 6 and get everything ready .  .  “  jae stood by the bedroom door as hyeon runs around the bedroom placing one stuff after another into the tiny bag in her hands. First her wallet .  .  Then her phone .     .     .  Even Though she is living at night .  . She has already packed up everything ready . If he had a tiny doubt that her leaving thing was a jock the packed luggage sitting by the door was evident that she indeed is leaving tonight.

 

         “ .    .     .  we can pick the kids together “ jae suggested .

 

    “ .   .    .  I will be faster than the train .   “ he added , his puppy eyes glancing up at hyeon. He doesn't look happy at all .   .   .  even a kid could sense that.

 

   “ .   .   .  You don't have to , it's a very bright day go have some fun  .   .  “ she picked her coat up while giving him her small smiles.

 

    “ .   .   .  I want to “ jae snacthced her bag awya from her hands .  .  Picked his jacket and walked out .   .   . Not protesting hyeon followed behind.

 

“ .      .       .  This is gonna mess everything “ hyeon brushed her hair back . The plan was she would pick the kids .   Drop them at jessica's .  .   .  Then go to lay’s house and with lay head to jae’s big house , where mrs kim and joon are throwing him a farewell party since he quit his job.

 

      There is no way anybody in the company is gone throw him one so . Joon and  Mrs kim are doing it just to annoy him and get a reason to party at the house.  With a limitless credit card in her hand mrs kim is not afraid to use it to be the finest of ingredients and drinks to throw a party for the few people who are allowed to be in Jae's presence. But for now better rather than his farewell party they are throwing the party just to see hyeon and jae together  .    . .after hearing that jae is spending the night at hyeon mrs kim has been dying to hear from jae about what's going on .

 

   Forget friday night jae didn’t even call on starteday and today is sunday  .    .no body  . . .not even mrs kim who has raised him would believe how fast jae is changing from someone who doesn't even like to sleep at hotels that he doesn't specifically get cleaned to sleeping for days at hyeon’s house. she has 101question ready and just like her almost everybody invited for the event is excited beyond words to see hyeon and jae together and actually hear the full and honest story of what really is going on between those two.      

 

     It has taken much negotiation between hyeon and joon to get her to come .  .    . Using lay as a bait she has agreed to show up if they let lay come , and somehow joon has agreed quickly to her terms .  But if jae is gonna go with her to pick the kids now the plan has changed .  

 

    “ .    .    .  I made you coffee i thought you might want one “ hyeon picked the coffee bottle from the counter and handed it to jae as she followed him behind walking out of the house.  

 

    “ .   .     .  It will help you wake up , you look like your tried “ hyeon gave him a quick smile as she locked the door behind them and led the way down the hallway.  It’s his puppy , those sad eyes that have forced her to say yes to him driving her .     .      . He clearly doesn't want her to go, it's written on his face. She can't help but smile as she glanced back and steals glances at jae , who with his eyes locked to the stairs just follows her behind , her bag in one hand .  The coffee in another.

 

     Yet another car , hyeon looked up at the car parked in front of her building . Surrounded by worn out old cars .  .  It's so evident which one is jaes , the only cristal clean one that look worth hundreds of thousands.  Thank god its sunday and everybody is still sleeping, the last thing hyeon wants to deal with is her gossipy neighbours seeing her get into yet again another fancy car.

 

       As quiet as he has been since he woke up , jae placed her bag in the back seat .  The coffee in the cup holder before he got in and started the car.

 

    “” .   .    .  How many cars do you own?“ hyeon pulled the seatbelt across her chest .

 

   “  .   .   .  I don't know “ jae replied quickly as he stepped on the gas lightly and started backing out . He doesn't wanna talk.

 

   “ .  .  .  Can you put the address in “ he went on backing  .    .   .pulling  steering wheel all the way to right as he turned the car to face the tiny road ahead. As asked hyeon lenaed forward and started pressing the destination on the gps.

 

     Most stores still closed , with some people walking up and down the road it seems like most people haven't gone out yet .  .  But then again its sunday morning and people do sleep in late.

 

    It didn't take long till they got onto the main road. He did not abide the 25 km/hr ruel as he drove fast through the tiny roads to get out of this town .  . Passing through the heavy construction with the big bran new construction logo brightally hanging at the gate .   .   The whole main road is filled with cars .  . A heavy traffic lined up to use the main road that the construction has blocked off.

 

 

    Jae glanced up at the logo. A little shaken at seeing the small writing “ owned by JK corporation.” written right below the big logo. Taking his right hand off the steering wheel he picked the coffee mug up and took a sip. No matter how much he doesn't wanna talk to her .  .   The coffee in his hand is just too much that it deserves a thank you, at least.  But right when he turned around .  Hyeon's eager eyes waited for him .  .  .  A small smile on her face , she waited for what he's gonna say. a little bit startled by her eager eyes  .    .     .Jae turned back to the blocked road in front of him Disappointing her.

 

    “ .   .    .  You're acting like a kid “ hyeon protested as she pulled the sun shade down in front of her  . The sun is directly right at her face. Jae didn't reply just went on drinking the amazing coffee. Knowing that once he goes quiet he won't start talking hyeon lenaed back and brought up her bag  getting her phone out , she has a lot of people to text.

 

    “ .     .     .   you should come to the big house .   .  . We will get your luggage later“ jae finally opened his mouth as he stepped on the gas .   .  Going straight for a couple of blocks,  placing the mug down and turning right leaving the traffic behind he merges into the freeway as the gps commanded .

 

  A clear empty freeway ahead , now he can step on the gas as he wants .  .  Two quick mereges and jae got into the carpool lane and stepped on the gas .  .  .  It's gonna be 15 minutes straight drive leaving the city behind.

 

     “ .   .    .  I can't , i have to drop the kids by jessicas .  Then .   .  “ she stopped before she spilled the bean again.

 

    “ .    .   .   We can drop them off later , and who is jessica “ Jae asked , the name is new .

 

    “ .   .   .   She's a friend, they are gonna stay at her house till i come back “ hyeon brushed her hair back and glanced jae's  way. Even though they don’t have school for the week eun bi has a doctor's visit and sung has to study group and a tutorial on monday . Jessica has promised to keep them even though a lot of people have offered even the kids have picked to stay at jessica’s since the have never stayed there.  

 

    “ .   .    .   We will drop them off later” jae replied for now not that much worried about the new name . If hyeon trusted her enough to take care of the kids she's probably a good friend of hyeon and he might take this chance to meet her.

 

 

    “ .    .     .  What ?” jae asked , finding hyeon questioning eyes glaring at him when he turned to steal a glance.

 

  “ .   .   .  What are you doing?” hyeon asked.

 

“ .   .  .  It would be a fun sunday “  jae couldn't help but smile copying hyeon's small smile. No words need to affirm her agreement to his suggestion , her smile was enough. no reason for her to ask to tag along to his house either  .   .  .he did the inviting on his own. now she doesn't have to actually face lay and somehow ask him to go to Jae’s house with her , a simple text will do.

 

    Change of plan- she texted lay .

     Can you come to jae’s house. “   .  .  She didn't get any reply. Then joon.

 

  Hey , am coming with jae . We’re going to pick the kids and come together, i’ve text lay to come around 12 : 30 .  .    to Joon.

 

Hey jessica , i'm not dropping the kids at lunch , something came up . I will drop them later.

 

        

           Hyeon waited for a couple of minutes for reply , when she got none she placed the phone on her lap and focused her attention on the empty road ahead. The luscious grass land on both sides letting her know seoul is a couple of minutes behind them.

 

    She opened her window slowly , the fresh breeze swept in instantly .  Leaning closer to the window , hyeon threw her right hand out .  .   . Letting the breeze brush against her arm.

 

     She looked up when the car suddenly got brighter .   .  .  Seeing how much she liked the weather jae pressed the button to open the roof.  .  .  Letting the bright sun and fresh air surround them as they drive of . Throwing her phone to the back seat and bringing her legs up on her set hyeon sat leaning back on her chair .  .  .  Enjoying every second of the drive . The cold air brushing against her face as her hair flies off .  .   . So this is why people say having a drive outside of the city is so relaxing.

 

   “ .     .      .   Are you two flying together or “ jae asked taking a  sip of his coffee, one hand is enough to stay on the steering wheel since they are just driving s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter