The Day We Let It Go

The Day I Let You Go

"So there's not going to be a wedding?"

"Aish! That lady must've brought bad luck to her man!"

"Poor woman.. I wonder if there'll be other guy who will take his place."

 

Despite they're still at the funeral, people are already talking about the 'not-going-to-happen' wedding and the unfortunate bride-to-be i.e. Song Ji Hyo. Some were feeling sorry for her lost, but there were others who looked at her like she's the one who killed Joong Ki. When they saw her crying in the arms of another man, they even called her 'the woman who cheated her dead-groom'. Ji Hyo began to feel uncomfortable being the subject of discussion, so she stepped away from Woo Bin and decided to get out from the hall for a fresh air. The man followed her from behind, and his heart was broken as he found her crying alone in the rain.

 

Ignoring all eyes on them, Woo Bin slowly slid his hands around her body from the back and rested his chin on her shoulder. "I know that you feel like it's the end of the world.. that you'll never be able to fall in love with another man. But sometimes life gives you a heartbreak just to make you stronger, so you can keep on living for the one who loves you," he gave her a piece of warm advice. Ji Hyo turned around to face the man, with tears falling like the rain drops that hit angry on the ground that fateful day. She was literally frozen in the cold weather, but the pain was too overwhelming that she couldn't find a reason to search for a shelter. "I shouldn't be here. I should be with him.. in heaven," there was a big disappointment in her voice.

 

It was a shocking statement from Ji Hyo, so horrifying that Woo Bin had to shake her off from saying such nonsense. "Do you think Joong Ki would be happier to see you like this? Is it worth it to end your life just because you can't see the silver lining?!" he accidently raised his voice to the woman, only to realize that it made her weaker in his arms. Ji Hyo was down on her knees and crying her heart out in front of Woo Bin. The heavier the rain fell, the louder she screamed in pain. Both of them were now soaking wet, but there's no sign that they would be moving from the spot.

 

They stayed in the same position until the rain stopped pouring, and sunshine started to shed its light on them. Woo Bin wrapped his hands around her shoulders and took her to the nearest bench. She was obviously shaking from the cold, so he decided to take her to his place to dry themselves. Drowned in her own emotion, Ji Hyo just allowed Woo Bin to lead the way without saying a word. Inside his car, she fell asleep almost immediately as she had lost all her energy from the crying. Woo Bin gazed at the woman, and it reminded him of the conversation that he had with Joong Ki at the gathering.

 

"So what's the deal with this girl.. what's her name again?" he tried to recall for the information. Joong Ki giggled, "Song Ji Hyo.. it's not really hard to remember her name. Do you want to see her picture?". The proud man showed a picture of him with his fiancée to Woo Bin. It was taken during their first anniversary as a couple, and Joong Ki seems to be very happy with his woman. "Not bad," Woo Bin commented, but Joong Ki wasn't satisfied with his reaction. "What do you mean 'not bad'? She's the prettiest lady I've ever met!" he exaggerated his point. Woo Bin laughed at his seriousness, "Yaa.. you obviously haven't dated much. Or maybe she's the only one who's willing to accept your proposal?". Joong Ki was smiling, but then his voice became more firm, "I really feel like I don't deserve such a beautiful angel like her. Do you know how I fall for her?". Woo Bin shrugged, so Joong Ki replied, "While she was sleeping."

 

Woo Bin smiled alone as he finally understood what Joong Ki had told him. It was true that the lady next to him look incredibly beautiful while she was sleeping, and he found himself gradually falling for her. As they reach his house, Woo Bin was contemplating to wake her up, so he just stared at her until she regained her conscious by herself. "Where are we?" Ji Hyo asked in confusion. Woo Bin smiled to her and said, "Welcome to my place. Let's get something to warm ourselves." This was the first time that he brought a woman into his new home, and never had cross his mind that Ji Hyo would be the one to break the record. Though it sounded wrong, but deep in his heart Woo Bin thanked his dead buddy for giving him the opportunity to get to know his amazing woman.

 

He prepared some clean clothes for her and casually walked into the kitchen area to prepare hot drinks for both of them. Once she's ready, they took a seat on the couch next to each other and enjoyed the hot coffee in the cozy area. "I know I shouldn't ask you this.. but how do feel now?" Woo Bin tried to break the silence. Ji Hyo was able to get hold of herself, now that she's with a nice gentleman who had been helping her to go through the hard time. Although she's yet to recover from the pain, she managed to smile weakly at him. "Thanks to you.. I think I can survive another day," she answered to him in a nice way.

 

They smiled at each other, knowing that things would be much different with the beginning of their new 'friendship'. She let out a small sigh - searching for an answer within herself. "Maybe you're right," she suddenly voice out. Woo Bin was clueless with her statement, "About what?". "That a heartbreak situation will make you stronger.. and I should look at the silver lining instead of giving up on love," she repeated his points. Ji Hyo gave him a warm reaction as she continued, "How can you be so right about everything when everything seems to be so wrong?".

 

Woo Bin just giggled, as he wasn't sure how to reply to her complicated question. "Could it be.. that we are right for each other?" he didn't know why he had said that, but somehow the words came out smoothly from his mouth. His answer has successfully made Ji Hyo laughed for the very first time since they met, and he felt good about it. "I like it when you laugh.. and I want to be the reason for you to smile from this moment on," he wasn't being direct about his feeling, but Woo Bin was hoping that Ji Hyo would be able to read between the lines. "I like your personality, Woo Bin ssi. You really know how to make my day," she complimented her new friend.

 

"Please, just call me Woo Bin.. and I don't mind if you want to add 'oppa' to my name," Woo Bin tried to be funny although he could tell that Ji Hyo is older than him. "Geurae, Woo Bin oppa!" Ji Hyo played along with his joke, not knowing that it actually meant something 'special' to him. His expression suddenly changed to a more serious look, "Ji Hyo aah.. let's not waste the wedding preparations and just get married in one month from now, what do you say?". His unexpected proposal caught her by surprise, and suddenly she felt like her heart was beating faster for the man who was holding her hands with love. It would be the day for them to let go of the painful memory - creating their own moment together and starting on a new journey.