The Day She Decided To Go

The Day I Let You Go

Woo Bin panicked. He went up and down the stairs for countless times - calling her name repeatedly for the last 20 minutes. He had tried to contact her via handphone, but no one answered. Woo Bin sent several text messages, yet she didn't reply any of them. Since he got back from work, Ji Hyo was no where to be found. "She wasn't with you? Ahneeoh.. everything is fine. She'd probably went to the shop. Gomabta, eomma!" Woo Bin sighed as he ended the call with his mother. It seems like nobody knows where his fiancée is - not even their friends or relatives.

 

The ticking of the clock made him went crazy. Ji Hyo was out of trace for more than 3 hours. Woo Bin couldn't wait anymore. He grabbed his car key and began searching for her around the neighbourhood. "Jagiya.. please don't make me worried like this!" he mumbled alone as he continued to scan around the area for her presence. At that point of time, Woo Bin became disoriented. He can't tell their families that Ji Hyo went missing, as that would make them anxious to the extreme. He also didn't know how to explain to them about the situation, as he himself still searching for a clue.

 

"Ji Hyo aah.. where are you?" he almost cried everytime he asked the question to himself. Woo Bin began to imagine all the worst thing that could happen to his woman. But the one thought that scared him the most was the possibility that her disappearance has something to do with a man named Kang Ma-ru. "Oh God! Please.. please protect my Ji Hyo!" he prayed hard for her safety, hoping that he would bumped into his fiancée anytime soon.

 

Her head felt heavy - almost like she had a giant rock stucked in her brain. From pitch black, Ji Hyo finally able to view her surrounding in full colours. Her skin felt cold. Somehow she felt different. When her senses were back to function, Ji Hyo was caught by surprise. She was in someone's bed without her clothes on - which explained the coldness that she felt. Her body was covered in thick blanket, and her clothes were all spreaded across the room. "What.. what was going on?!" her breathing became shorter when her thought was flooded with the worst thing that she could imagine - taking advantage on her body while she was knocked out due to the strong smell of chloroform from his napkin.

 

"Andwae!!" Ji Hyo cried as loud as she could. She pulled her hair with both hands as tears began to fall from her eyes. She was broken. She felt dirty, and she hated herself at that moment. The woman has lost her soul that night - she literally died in her own body. "Why is this happening to me?" her voice was trembling as she gathered her strength to leave the bed. She put on her clothes piece by piece, then moved on to the dressing table to tidy her hair. Her eyes caught an envelope with her name on it, so she took out the paper inside and read the message:

 

'Thank you for the unforgettable experience. I had a good time with you! Now you're officially my 'wife'.. Song Ji Hyo. From the man who loves you ~ Kang Ma-ru'

 

She immediately torn the paper into smaller pieces and threw it away like a mad person. "Kang Ma-ru!!" Ji Hyo screamed his name with her loudest voice. She was furious. Her wrath made her punching the mirror till it was broken, causing blood to drip from her knuckles. But the pain wasn't as bad as the wound in her heart. It cut her so deep that she couldn't forgive the thing that he did to her and definitely will never forget it as the darkest moment in her life. To her, the man named Kang Ma-ru isn't just an 'animal', but also a devil who has unlocked the evil side of her. Ji Hyo had never hate anyone before, but this time she made an exception for Ma-ru.

 

Back in the house, Woo Bin threw himself on the couch. He was restless from all the effort to find her. Woo Bin closed his eyes tightly - trying to brush off his disappointment for failing to figure out what has happened to Ji Hyo. Nevertheless, he kept hearing her sweet voice calling out his name and seeing her pretty face inside of his head. He missed her. Really bad. Ji Hyo was part of his soul that kept him alive. Woo Bin couldn't imagine his life without her, so he wished for a miracle to happen. He wanted her to knock on the door anytime soon so he could run to her and pull the woman into his arms.

 

Ding Dong!

 

The sound of the door bell made him literally jumped off from the couch and rushed towards the front door. Once he opened it, Woo Bin immediately grabbed the person into his cuddle. "Jagiya.. where have you been? Gwaenchanayo?" he was too happy that she was back at their house. Strangely, Ji Hyo didn't return his hug like she usually did, instead she pulled herself away from him. Her eyes were cold when she talked to him, "I'm tired. I just want to go to bed." She ignored her fiancé who was gazing at her in confusion and didn't answer when he called her name for several times.

 

"What is wrong with her? Jagiya.. jagiya? Do you want to talk?" Woo Bin followed her upstairs and into the bedroom, watching helplessly at the woman who kept avoiding from making any eye contact with him. Ji Hyo was sitting on the bed with her back facing her fiancé, so Woo Bin decided to approach her and sit by her side. He wrapped her shoulders with one arm, then giving her a gentle kiss on her left eyebrow. "You know I'm not mad at you.. right? I'm sure you must have your own reason," he said while caressing her hair like he naturally does.

 

Ji Hyo lowered her head to hide her sadness. The way Woo Bin love her was too painful for her heart to endure, knowing that she couldn't torture him with the truth for the rest of their lives as a couple. She knew that he would be devastated should she tells him about the incident with Ma-ru, so Ji Hyo decided to burn down her dark secret along with her feeling towards her man. "Woo Bin aah.. we need to talk," she used a cold tone as she spoke, making the man anxious with the conversation that they were going to have. However, Woo Bin kept his cool and acted casually with his woman. "Geurae.. what do you want to talk about, jagiya?" his voice was soft and gentle.

 

She took a deep breath, arranging the words in her mind while weighing her decision for the last time. Ji Hyo was battling with her own thought about the things that she was about to say to Woo Bin, so she kept silence for a long minute. "Ji Hyo aah.. wae geu rae? Did something happened to you? Was it.. was it about Kang Ma-ru?" his random questions and the name that he mentioned reminded Ji Hyo of the things that needed to be done. This time, she was ready - ready to accept the fate that was written for him and herself.

 

"Woo Bin aah.. mianhaeyo. I don't think we should proceed with the wedding anymore. In fact, I want to call off our engagement.. for real," her words had put him in a great shock, wondering if he heard them correctly. "But.. but why? What have I done wrong?" Woo Bin begging for an explanation, but all he got was an empty stare from her eyes.