CHAPTER 8

Fanmeeting's Problem

I was watching the television with my brother. Suddenly, a text came from him.

I’m at the airport right now. My plane is about an hour. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow.

It had been about two months since I’d befriend with Mark and we’re getting very close. He is now at Japan promoting the new album of GOT7. It’s already two weeks since we stop hanging out together because of his busy schedule.

So, tomorrow night, we promised to meet up. I bet he bought me something from Japan or else I’ll never gonna contact him for a week.

“Hey, its GOT7!” Ill Woo shouted and it caught my attention though.

GOT7 on television! And there he goes~ Mark’s flip! I just cant take my eyes off the screen.

“I thought you said that you only love the songs.”

“I fell for him.” I said while pointing at Mark in the screen without I even realising.

“What? Where’s the little Na Young who will never fell for anyone?”

I turned off my fangirling mode once I realised where will that question lead to. “Did I said I fell for him? I mean, attracted actually. It’s a normal thing.”

“Hmm.. mind to tell me about your weekends' date? I’m pretty sure its not Eun Mi.”

“No, its not her. Its my friend, other friend.”

“You know I still curious about that person’s gender. Look more like a guy, but you said it’s a girl.”

“ I never said its a girl. You’re the one who conclude it to be like that.”

“So, he’s a guy?! Seriously? And you never told me?” Ill Woo looked so shocked by the news.

“Well… aren’t you hungry? I’m dying. Look, it’s a lunchtime, I’ll cook.” Quickly ran into the kitchen.

“Yah! I’m not done yet, young lady!” He grabbed both of my arms and locked them on my back and threw me onto the couch.

“Oppa! Let go of me, I’m hungry.” I made a puppy face.

“No lunch, no dinner! Until you tell me who the hell he is.”

“Why so noisy about that? We’re not even dating, we’re just friend!”

“So, what is there to hide about?!” still locking my arms.

“Because of this!” I stop struggling and looked at him.

“What?” He loosen his grip and I sat back on the couch.

“You! You’re so overprotective. I promised myself not to tell you anything until I meet the right one.”

“So, he’s not the right one?” he look puzzled.

“I… don’t know. I just don’t want to repeat the same mistake.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“He.. reminds me of Byung Hun.” I avoided any eye contact with him.

My brother silent up, try to interprate my inputs. “Physically? Or mentally?”

“Oppa, seriously, I really hungry.” I meant it.

He sighed. “Just tell me anytime you want. I’ll be pleasure to hear. But, never let him to hurt you, okay?”

“We’re not in that kind of relationship, so, stop worrying okay? Seriously..” I pouted while pushing my stomach in.

He pinched my cheeks and walked to the kitchen when suddenly he stop. “You said you’re going to cook.” He landed back on the couch and continued watching the television.

“Oppa!” I looked at him disbelief as he ignored my growling stomach.

On the next day

I was about leave the house when Ill Woo rushed out from his bedroom and grabbed his car key. I looked at him questionally.

“Er.. Are you going somewhere?” he seemed not to realised that I was standing there since he left his bedroom.

“Na Young! Yes, I’m going to London.”

“What? Tonight? Is there anything happen?” Seriously? Eventhough they never treat me like a child, it doesn’t mean I should treat them like strangers. I still concern about them, they’re still my parents. Even after everything that happen before, I never held any grudge to them.

“I’ll figure it out. My flight is at the midnight, so, I really have to go now.” He ran to the door and stop in a sudden. “Wait a second, you’re also going somewhere?” he turned around to face me.

“Just a walk.”

“Be back before midnight and don’t ever think about bringing anyone home.” He narrowed his eyes, warning me.

I just nodded my head and watched him drove through the dark road. “What am I? A Cinderella?”

Then, I quickly went to a basketball court near my house. About a few minutes later, Mark arrived with his basketball ball. He ran and gave a shot.

“It had been so long since I played basketball. With that pack schedule, I will die on stage.”

I laughed and gave him a warm hug. “I miss you so much.”

“Me either..” He replied my hug and we stared into each other eyes for quite some time. His head getting closer and our lips nearly met. My eyes widen as soon as I realised what was about to happen. Fortunately, a few drops of rain fell and the rain start to get heavy.

We quickly broke the hug and he grabbed my hand, together we ran through the heavy rain. Finally, we stopped in front of our house.

“Let’s get inside. It’s cold here.” I said while searching for the keys.

“Wait, what about your brother?” he stopped me.

“He’s not home. Got something to settled down.”

“Your brother cool with this? I mean, you know, you’re his only sister.”

I laughed at him. “Why? We’re just going to wait until it stop raining, and you’ll have to return to your dorm. Plus, I don’t think it is okay for your career to sleep in other girl’s house.”

“Are you sure nothing will happen? You see, I’m a guy, you’re a girl. In a quiet house. Just the two of us?” Not really sure either he’s joking or he’s being serious about it.

It took a moment for me to think about it. “So, you wait outside.” I was about to shut the door but he stopped me.

“Okay, okay, I’m getting in. Just kidding. Plus, it’s so cold out here.” He walked into the house with a guilty face.

I go get a towel, a dry shirt and a pair of pants. My brother’s of course. Then, I also go get change in my room as we’re both soaking wet.

Wearing more comfortable cloth, I went out of my room to see Mark was having a cup of coffee at the dining table.

“What you got there?”

“Coffee. So cold. Do you want some?”

“Yeah, sure. I love coffee.”

“So, I guess you love something bitter than sweet huh?” he smirked and went to the kitchen and made a coffee.

We waited for almost an hour in front of the tv but the rain seems like it’s never gonna stop.

“Oh my God… How long more do we have to wait?” I was so sleepy and I kept yawning for several times.

I was lying on the couch while Mark was leaning his back in front of the couch. He turned around and smiled at me who was yawning heavily.

“Just go have a sleep inside your room. I’ll go once the rain stop and I’ll put the key behind the flowerpot outside.

I shook my head. “Its okay, I’ll wait here with you.” But after a few minutes, I fell asleep on the couch without even realising.

 Mark’s POV

After a few minutes after she said that she’ll wait with me, I turned around and saw she was sleeping soundly on the couch.

I smiled to see her sleeping face. She is indeed so beautiful even while sleeping. Her lips, her nose, hardly to say, I already fell deeply into her. I leaned my head closed to her to finish what we had stop from the basketball court.

Our lips getting closer and suddenly I stop. I leaned back. “Why is it so hard for her to accept me?” I realised that she also had the same feeling but everytime I tried to take our relationship to the next level, she’ll do her best to avoid it.

I rubbed my face and quickly stood up, lifting her up in a bridal style. I took her into her room and putted her sleep on her bed.

Her bedroom is not like other girls’. It is totally neat and clean with a bookshelves full of self-motivation books. O..kay.. sounds interesting. Her dressing table only had a few of cosmetics. A guitar is putted next to it. “You play guitar? Hm..”

There’s also a bunch of pictures of her and her brother, but there is only a picture of her with her parents. I was looking throughout the room when my eyes setted onto a drawing on the wall in front of her bed. I take a look at the drawing, its her, a drawing of her. She looks so beautiful in that drawing with a lovely smile.

After finishing the tour, I went outside and waited for the rain to stop. While waiting, without even realising, I went into a deep sleep.

Na Young's POV

A booming sound of thunder awaken me in the middle of the night. I looked around and realised that I was already in my bed. Then, another sound of thunder shocked me. Without thinking, I quickly ran into the living room and saw Mark was sleeping on the couch. I turned off the television and sat in front of the couch. I leaned my head and felt asleep on his arm.