챕터 7 ( Chapter 7 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

Eveyday of the past two years, going to class for Taeyeon was nothing, literally, no one would notice her presence at all. The same goes for Jessica, but ever since what happened at the library, people would whisper to each other, gossip about how Taeyeon had saved Jessica, about how an anti-social kid saved another.

Those soft whispers, gossips while looking at them, it is undeniably getting to them, it had reminded them of the time when they were dumped, the whole school was talking about it for months, some were not mean nor bold enough to laugh at their faces, but some did. It hurt them badly, the break-up and the constant torments, bullies, gossips. Maybe that was part of the reason why they had become that way, anti-social, avoiding everyone, shutting everyone that had cared for them out of their life.

It had become too much of a burden to go to class now that everyone stares at her, she didn’t like it, not one bit. She decided to not go to class and walked around aimlessly, she saw a couple sitting outside, either they did not have class at the moment or they skipped it, that’s what she thought. Turned around, Taeyeon was about to leave until she realized, realized that the couple sitting there is Tiffany and Yuri.

Angry, thoughts running in her mind, why would she leave me for someone like her, angrier at the thought of what happened with Jessica, how could she do that to someone else when she has a girlfriend, when the girl she loves the most left her for Yuri.

A tear dropped from her eyes.

Why am I hurting when you are here fine and laughing around, even after you hurt me so badly? Maybe you never loved me in the first place.’

She walked away from the sight that still pains her. She couldn’t go to the library to cry or avoid anything anymore, because it would only piss her off more. She went to the rooftop instead. Crying her heart out, because she is just that pathetic, not being able to let go of the person who had left her heartbroken.

I must forget about her now even if I’m still this way, lonely and still avoiding, even if it’s hard to let go, even if it’s too painful to let go, even if there is the possibility I can’t forget I still need to try to forget her, I must do that now, not for her but for myself.

After calming down, she went down, walking aimlessly around the school area, she sees a girl’s back leaning on the familiar tree. It was Jessica, she walked towards the latter, and realized she had fell asleep, judging by her eyes she must’ve cried herself to sleep.

Taeyeon sat down and leaned on the tree beside Jessica, and gently moved Jessica’s head to her shoulders so the latter wouldn’t have a pain or cramped neck when she wakes up.

Sighing and looking at the sky, she wonders why they are being so stupid, in pain and lonely because of the love they both had thought to be true love. They were wrong, love, wasn’t something so great, love wasn’t something that is supposed to make you happy at all times, there will always be pain, tears, and eventually the inevitable break-up.

Why did they love despite knowing that it will bring them pain? Something that Taeyeon never understood nor did she want to understand. Letting go of someone you loved deeply isn’t easy not for her and certainly not for anyone.

Jessica woke up strangely comfortable until she realized she was sleeping on Taeyeon’s shoulders. She woke up abruptly shocking the latter. Before she could say anything Taeyeon had already beat her to it.

Ah…sorry I thought you were uncomfortable sleeping that way so I- I moved your head to my shoulders. It’s…fine…right?”

Taeyeon asked carefully, to her relief the latter smiled indicating she was fine and thankful with it, she thinks.

Jessica, on the other hand, was smiling because she thinks it was nice of Taeyeon to do that and also because she thought Taeyeon stuttering when she was explaining was cute.

But why are you here?”

Taeyeon asked even though she knew the latter was just wanted to have some alone time and forget all those that happened because of Yuri and herself.

Hmm…nothing…I just wanted to be alone for awhile…”

They sat leaning on the tree, staying quiet and not saying another word. For a moment it was peaceful for the both of them.

Little did they know, there was someone there, looking at them or better yet spying at them, it was none other than, Tiffany.

Tiffany had saw Taeyeon earlier, she saw how Taeyeon shed a tear when she saw her and Yuri, she thinks Taeyeon still loves her, no, she knows and she is sure of it, why else would she cry if she doesn’t love her anymore, that is what she thinks.

She followed Taeyeon, and regretted it, seeing Taeyeon with someone else, not just someone else but someone she dislikes, hurts her very much, although she knew it was her fault for leaving the latter.

She wanted to just go to Taeyeon immediately but she couldn’t bring herself to knowing that she is the cause of her love’s pain, knowing that she just couldn’t go back to the latter shamelessly.

She stood there and looked at Taeyeon painfully, seeing Taeyeon placing Jessica’s head onto her own, it reminded her of herself and Taeyeon before they had broken up, before she had cold-heartedly dumped her, before she had broken the latter’s heart.

This wasn’t what Tiffany had in mind when she broke up with Taeyeon, knowing Taeyeon she thought the latter will not look at anyone other than her, she thought Taeyeon will just stay the way she is, alone. She had never thought that Taeyeon and Jessica will meet and become friends, neither did she think that they will become so close.

For Tiffany, Taeyeon and also Jessica, this is their definition of ‘close’. Having little conversations, staying over another’s house, rushing to her side whenever something happens, that is their definition of ‘close’ as they are always alone, having someone to talk to was something for them, Tiffany understood it well.

Tiffany is getting more and more anxious every day because of Taeyeon and Jessica getting closer to each other. She wasn’t like that during the two years she left Taeyeon. Why? Simply because Taeyeon is always alone, not talking to anyone, and certainly not falling for anyone.

Taeyeon gazing at the sky, thinking whether she should be doing this, whether she can forget Tiffany or not. Jessica however was staring at Taeyeon, thinking if she is allowed to fall for another person, that person being Taeyeon, although she is well aware of Taeyeon is still loving Tiffany, at least in her eyes, Taeyeon still loves and can’t forget Tiffany. There is no way she could replace Tiffany in Taeyeon’s heart, in the end she will be hurt.

Should I or should I not…? No…I shouldn’t. She constantly by my side like this is already something that I should be thankful of.’

Taeyeon thought of something that is also similar to what Jessica had thought of.

Tiffany, forgetting about you won’t be the easiest but I will finally try. Jessica… These days thanks to her I’m finally smiling genuinely but does it mean I love her?’

A weird sound broke the silence, it was Taeyeon’s hungry stomach. They both stared at each other for a minute before Jessica laughed at Taeyeon. Pouting because Jessica is laughing at her just because of the embarrassment her stomach just gave her.

Jessica, however, stared at Taeyeon, thinking whether if this girl beside her is a college student or a child. This is also the first time Jessica has seen Taeyeon pout, so while Taeyeon is still pouting Jessica had took a picture of it. Fortunately, she took a perfect picture of Taeyeon pouting, however it just made Taeyeon pout more, and so she took another picture.

This picture is so that I can see you whenever I can’t, so that when I miss you I can see you even if it’s on my phone and not beside me.’

Jessica, stood up and extended her hand out to Taeyeon. Taeyeon, however, is confused, so she furrowed her brows.

I thought you’re hungry?”

Oh yeah right. I am.”

Come on”

Where to?”

Your dorm room.”

Huh? Why?”

Just follow me”

Taeyeon, just followed Jessica as Jessica said.

Tiffany, however, left after seeing Jessica and Taeyeon walking away, together, she decided, she will take Taeyeon away from Jessica.

Jessica, after taking away someone precious to me, you are now taking away someone that is precious to me again. I won’t let you, not this time I won’t. Even though it was me who left her but now I will take her back, back to my side, mine but not yours.’

Yuri, sat on the bench where Tiffany had left him to follow Taeyeon, thinking of Tiffany.

Even if you don’t love me, Tiffany, at least pretend that you care. Leaving me this way for Taeyeon, it hurts, I don’t want to admit it but it does. I can’t love you nor replace Taeyeon in your heart, I can’t be anything to you. I want to love you but I can’t bring myself to forget her.’

The girl, the person that is in Yuri’s heart, is still there, as a scar, as a burden to her, as the reason why she could not love Tiffany. No matter how much she wants to forget, she can’t.She is also the reason why Yuri is this way, the person that broke Yuri.