챕터 9 ( Chapter 9 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

‘…Tiffany…’

Taeyeon was stunned, she couldn’t say anything, or at least she tried but nothing came out of her lips.

Hi…”

Taeyeon just stared at Tiffany, expressionless, wondering why her ex was here and why she was even talking to her.

Without any reply, Tiffany thinks that Taeyeon didn’t want to talk to her anymore after what she had done, after their break up.

“…Bye then…”

Tiffany then awkwardly walks away from Taeyeon, hurt that the latter doesn’t even want to talk to her anymore.

For Taeyeon, Tiffany was everything for her, everything she could’ve wanted but after meeting Jessica, Tiffany’s importance and meaning in her life is slowly changing.

Taeyeon walked around aimlessly, lost in her own thoughts about herself, about Tiffany, about Jessica but mostly her and Jessica. Thinking about what Jessica feels towards her, and whether she’s still loves Yuri somewhere deep in her heart. She was also thinking whether if she still loves Tiffany or not and why Tiffany would even still talk to her or does Tiffany still like her even if it’s just a little bit.

Frustrated, she walked into an ice cream shop, while going to the counter to order, she saw two familiar faces. Taeyeon was feeling awkward because she hasn’t talked to anyone except Jessica for the past few years prior to her break up with Tiffany. They locked eye, making Taeyeon feel uncomfortable.

Then, They spoke in unison

Hi, Taeng.”

Uh…Hi Sunny…Sooyoung…”

So…wanna sit with us or…?”

Feeling awkward and uncomfortable, Taeyeon sits beside Sooyoung.

Sooyoung spoke all of a sudden, breaking the 1 minute silence.

So…I’ll go buy us some ice cream…Vaniila for you Taeng?”

Y-yeah…”

Feeling weird because she hasn’t heard anyone call that name in a long time.

How are you these days Taeng?”

Yeah, the normal I guess…”

Hmm…Hey…uh…”

Yes?”

Uh…So…I…I mean we…have been stalking you these days and…”

Before Sunny can finish talking,

what?!”

I’m sorry Taeng…w-we just wanted know if you were doing fine or not so we…”

Taeyeon cut her off again

No…It’s fine…”

Then, Sooyoung came back with ice creams and a spoon in .

Sunny then smacked Sooyoung on her shoulder.

Yah…seriously soo…”

waht?”

ugh…nothing”

Taeyeon looked at the two amusingly.

what are you laughing at?” They said in unison.

nothing.” Taeyeon said sarcastically

After minutes of eating ice cream, and SooSun bickering over little things.

After sooyoung paid the bill, they all head back to their dorm as it was getting late. SooSun went back to their dorm and Taeyeon, who is still over-thinking about what happened earlier, went to Han River and sat there thinking for almost an hour until it was almost getting dark she went back to her dorm.

Taeyeon went into her room, without noticing a presences in the room, she went into the bathroom and took a shower. Unfortunately, she forgot to get her clothes and towel, so Taeyeon went out without wearing anything as she’s the only one using the room.

While changing, Jessica suddenly woke up due the sounds from the wardrobe.

Upon waking, Jessica saw Taeyeon’s half body and with her eyes wide, she could only say

“…oh my god…”

Taeyeon turned around almost immediately with her eye wide open. Taeyeon quickly covers her chest and said

What are you doing in my room?!”

ohmygod…I’m sorry! I thought you’d be here so I thought I would come and maybe get some help from you for my work but…”

Oh…okay…uhh…”

what?”

Um…could you turn around please…”

Oh! Sorry!”

Jessica turned around and mumbles to herself that it was too embarrassing but found herself thinking about it and saying

woah…”

Jessica doesn’t realise that she had said that out loud. Taeyeon looked over to Jessica and stared at her. Taeyeon smirked, deciding to play a joke on Jessica.

Taeyeon walked slowly towards Jessica and back hugged her, saying

Why? Did you like what you see…?”

Resting her head on Jessica shoulder.

I-I-I…”

Jessica couldn’t say anything and kept on stuttering, her face as red as a tomato, her heart beating faster than normal.

Still hugging Jessica, Taeyeon whispers to Jessica

Relax…I was just joking…”

Releasing herself from Taeyeon’s hug and said

Oh…”

Her tone sounded a little disappointed and irritated. Taeyeon noticed

Sorry…I shouldn’t have…”

No…it was fine…”

That made Taeyeon forget everything that happened earlier.

Hey…”

Hmm?”

Hungry?”

I guess…”

Hey…”

What?”

Jessica raised an eyebrow

Seriously, I’m sorry for doing that”

Jessica walked towards Taeyeon and leans closer then tilts her head. Taeyeon closes her eyes, her heart beating rapidly. Jessica then smiles

Revenge”

Taeyeon opened her eye immediately, blushing.

Oh wow…how mature.”

Taeyeon sits Jessica down on the bed.

Make yourself comfortable here while I go cook some food for us”

But I can help”

It’s okay stay here”

“…Okay.”

After minutes of cooking, they ate together. After eating, it was too late for Jessica to go back to her room herself, that was what Taeyeon decided.

Thanks for the food, again. See you later.”

Hey.”

What? For the third time.”

Stay…”

What?”

I said stay… it’s too late to go back by yourself…so stay.”

“…you sure?”

Yeah…and I’ll help you with your work, whatever it is.”

Kay…”

After hours of working on her assignment, they decided to sleep.

Jessica was about to sleep on the sofa when Taeyeon grabbed her wrist

We could share the bed…or I’ll just take the sofa”

“…We could…share the bed…”

Taeyeon had a little unnoticeable smile on her lips.

Come on…go change into sleeping clothes…”

Taeyeon took the large sized T-Shirt for her as there weren’t any more pyjamas. Jessica raised an eyebrow and looked at Taeyeon.

What? There was no more pyjamas…”

Oh…fine…”

Jessica went into the bathroom to change.

Taeyeon laid down on the bed and thought about Tiffany and Yuri.

Does Tiffany even love Yuri…? Why did she look as if she was sad earlier…Why did she make that bet…Was everything fake and just a bet to her…? –sigh…ugh’

Jessica came out of the bathroom and laid beside Taeyeon.

What’s wrong?”

Nothing…Just nothing…”

You…”

“…what?”

You’re thinking of Tiffany…aren’t you…?”

Couldn’t lie that I wasn't…”

Jessica didn’t say anything, so Taeyeon continued

Actually I accidentally bumped into her today…She talked to me but I didn’t say anything so she just left…but…she seems sad or hurt or something…I don’t know honestly…”

“…It seems like she still likes you…”

“…But I don’t know…you know…after what she had done…I just couldn’t understand why…”

Jessica stares at Taeyeon and without thinking much, she raises her hand and caresses Taeyeon’s face.

It’s fine…It’s probably just regret…maybe…I really don't know but you’ll be fine.”

Taeyeon grabbed her hand and stared at her, then her lips, then to her eyes. They looked into each others eyes for 3 seconds and Taeyeon leans in and kisses her. Taeyeon pulls away and looks into Jessica’s eyes. All of a sudden, Jessica leans in and kisses Taeyeon then pulls away.

Taeyeon I-“

Jessica…I think I like you…”

Jessica was obviously shocked at the confession. Taeyeon continued

“…But if you don’t…it’s fine…”

Taeyeon…I think I like you too…but…you know…I’m still scared that it’d happen again.”

Taeyeon look straight into Jessica’s eye and says

It wont happen…How can I let that happen…I know how it feels so how could I…”

“…you promise…right?”

I promise…I promise I’d never do what they did to us…ever…and I’ll always protect you from whatever.”

Jessica hugged Taeyeon and closes her eyes.

Taeyeon rests her head gently on Jessica’s and thinks to herself

Am I doing the right thing…Can I really protect her…Can I really forget Tiffany…?’

~The next morning~

Sunny and Sooyoung went over to Taeyeon’s room. Needlessly to say they were shocked or rather surprised at what they saw.

What the hell is going on here.”

They both whispered in unison.

Taeyeon and Jessica woke up because of Sunny and Sooyoung.

Sunny! Sooyoung! How did you get in?!”

Taeyeon said while Jessica is still blur and tired.

“…Uh…” That was all Sooyoung could say

“…we uh…saw the password…while stalking you…”

Seriously…?”

Go…Go wait at the living room…”

“…okay…”

They both said in unison, again.

Taeyeon sighed and looked over to Jessica only to see a beautiful girl asleep, again. Taeyeon changes into some casual clothes and went out of the room leaving Jessica inside sleeping.

“…Hey…”

What happened?”

“…I…I…-sigh…It just happened...Now tell me why you’re here, please.”

I just wanted to hang out, again, like the old times…”

Taeyeon looks down and sighs for awhile before saying

Look guys…I’m sorry for shutting you guys out…”

It’s fine but on a condition.”

What condition?”

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow

That we hang out together again, like back then… okay?”

Sunny and Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon.

“…Okay”

Taeyeon said and smiled towards them.

I guess Jessica really helped you, in a way.”

Taeyeon smiled and said

Well, I guess…but you know yesterday before I bumped into you guys…I bumped into Tiffany but I didn’t respond to her and she looked…I don’t know…kinda hurt or something…”

Look buddy, she hurt you… till the extent that you had shut yourself out of the society…and us…she’s not worth it you know…and now that you have Jessica…You can't hurt her that way they hurt you or the way Yuri hurt her…It’s enough of pain for the both of you, really. Just stop thinking of Tiffany…” Sunny said

I know… but lately with Jessica I feel something again, like how I was with Tiffany…and when I’m with her… I was and is able to forget the pain temporarily...”

That means you like her, buddy.” Sooyoung said

You know what?”

What?”

Taeyeon and Sooyoung said in unison

We should go out later when princess there wakes up”

Oh…okay…where?” Taeyeon says

You’ll see

Sooyoung and Taeyeon looked at each other, confused.