Don't even try

A general theory of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Did you... See... This... And this... I'm not even able to spazz. This is just too perfect. Lay. My baby ; w ; CHANYEOLIEEE <3 omf. i can't. Someone hold me. Sob. SOB.   Mushik for le chapter hurr please.

Chapter three.

In the land of gods and monsters - I was an angel; somebody mixed my medicine. | Don't even try.

~

Douchebag.

Tch.

I stared down at my phone, tapping my fingers against the flat surface, waiting for more customers to come. Unlike Fridays, Sundays were usually quiet since most of the people preferred to stay home, especially in hot days like this one. I, personally, felt like smashing my head against the counter. It was hot, I didn’t sleep much and my hand was aching like never before since sweat covered the wound. Ugh, I felt like dying.

I sat down on a chair, fanning myself with a random thing I found which was apparently Jinrae’s magazine.

I seriously wished for this day to end already but, unfortunately, things don’t usually go the way I want them to. I fixed my skirt and jumped off the stool, seeing someone walking through the door. It was definitely a male, a hoodie pulled over his head [1] and sunglasses covering his eyes. I blinked in surprise and forced a polite smile when he slowly approached me, looking around.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Sunsun Café!” I beamed, my eyes turning into crescent moons as I smiled even wider. The guy stopped suddenly for a second, staring at me and I flinched under his gaze, not actually used to people staring at me.

“I-I just wanted to give you this.” The guy mumbled and I frowned, recognizing the voice. Was that…

Oh heck no.

Baekhyun stared at me for a second longer and then the heel, walking towards the door before I could utter a word.

“Yah! What is---YAH!” I yelled but he was already outside, getting inside the cab.

Seriously, what was this guy thinking about! Walking in and disappearing just like that!

I groaned in frustration and grabbed the bag, peeking inside of it with anger written all over my face. I seriously didn’t understand. Why couldn’t he understand that I wished to never see him again unless necessary? Was he stupid? I sighed. Seriously, this is getting tiring. Why am I even thinking about it? Sheesh.

Yet my frown deepened as I opened the black bag further, taking out a small, red box. I opened it hesitantly and my eyes widened.

I swear, I forgot how to breathe for a second.

“W-what… even…” I stuttered, staring at the necklace, too scared to touch it. I was afraid it’d break if I only ran a finger, if I only…

I took a small piece of paper hidden under the necklace, blinking furiously.

I’m sorry. Byun Baekhyun.

“So what.” I mumbled, for some reason feeling anger forming inside me as I scrunched the piece in my hand, clenching it into fist. “You think you can buy me a necklace, leave it just like that with a freaking card saying that you’re sorry, Byun Baekhyun? Are you insane? You need to do a bit more to gain my…”

“What is this?” Someone suddenly asked and I jumped, almost letting the box fall down.

“Mom!” I whined loudly and turned around with a frown on my face. “Stop scaring me like that.”

“What is it though?” She looked at the box curiously, a sly grin forming on her lips. “Ohh, you’ve got an admirer?”

“W-what--- NO.” I replied fast, ruffling my hair lightly. “No. No way. It’s just a trash.”

“A trash worth around 400 000,00 Won, sweetheart.” She laughed and took the box while I just stood there.

“Excuse me, how much?”

“Oh, around 400 000,00 Won if I’m not wrong. Since it’s the new collection.” She nodded and smiled at me. “I saw it in one of the magazines.”

I gritted my teeth, inhaling and exhaling slowly, trying my best not to scream in frustration. What was this guy even thinking! He thought that buying that expensive necklace would help? Ohh boy, you’ve just got some serious business to deal with.

“So, who gave you this?” My mom asked once again. I clenched my fist around the small paper tighter, anger boiling inside me with a great force by now.

“Byun Baekhyun.” I hissed through still gritted teeth, looking at her with fire in my eyes. “And this idiot is going to die.”

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I was walking around the mall, sighing in frustration.

“Really, Joonmyun, you just had to.” A whine escaped my lips as I stared at the leader with a pout. “Please, please, please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter