"I Love You..."

Memories and Promises

 

“Don’t go.” Jessica said in a weak husky voice, barely audible.

“What?” Yuri turned and faced Jessica.

“Don’t go.” She repeated.

“Sleep with me here. I’m afraid.” Her voice was so low that Yuri has to bend just to catch up what she’s saying.

“I cant, I mean we can’t, it’s too small and we won’t fit.” Even though Yuri really wanted it but she just denied her request and just carried Jessica to her room.

She wrapped an arm around her legs ensuring a tight grip and another arm around her neck for support. She was surprisingly light and Yuri didn’t break a sweat carrying her. She slowly made her way towards Jessica’s room and stopped midway when Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck. Yuri was startled at Jessica’s sudden act, she was afraid that Jessica might feel her heart beating too fast so she hurriedly walk to her room and carefully placing Jessica on her bed. Just seeing her room, weird thoughts from earlier haunted Yuri again but she shook those thoughts and concentrated in what she was carrying. She was about to leave when Jessica grabbed her wrist and stopped her from moving away.

“Please sleep here with me. I’m afraid.” She said in a weak voice, her eyes partly opened.

“I can’t, I have my own room.” she replied in a whisper. She just stopped herself from all the thoughts that are taking over her.

“Please?” her voice was slowly fading and seconds later she fell asleep. But her hands were still firm on Yuri’s wrist.

Yuri slowly removed Jessica’s hand and left the room quickly to avoid any disturbance. When suddenly, Jessica called Yuri just before she could close the door.

“Yuri…”

“Hmm? Any problem?”

“Yes.” her voice barely audible but seeing her nod made it sense.

She made her way back inside her room and sat beside her, her head resting on the headboard. She couldn’t believe what she just did, she just couldn’t give in easily to it but she still have to control herself from all the hormones that’s been pouring in. “What were you thinking, Yuri!?” she thought to herself.

“Is this fine?” she asked Jessica.

Jessica didn’t respond but she rested her arm on Yuri’s waist. Yuri’s hormones were rapidly taking over her. Her sudden urge to kiss Jessica was taking in again and their bodies were already close to each other. Yuri just lied down beside Jessica and before she knew it, she was facing her. Her eyes widened, heart beating faster. It was making it harder for her to breathe. She was getting nervous and she just wished that Jessica would wake up. Yuri felt Jessica’s hot breath against her face. Her angelic face was melting Yuri’s heart. Yuri on the other side was having the most difficult situation in her life. It felt like the time just stopped when their faces were already inches apart. She moved her trembling hand and cupped Jessica’s face; the warmth of Jessica made Yuri’s stomach do some somersaults again. She just couldn’t stop her raging hormones from touching Jessica’s face.

“Hnnnggg…” Jessica was muttering.

Yuri quickly put her hand away and closed her eyes immediately before she gets caught for doing some ‘malicious’ act towards her. Although this time, she did it on purpose. Her heart was beating faster after Jessica made those noise, she didn’t even expect it to happen. She still closed her eyes and hoped for Jessica to be fast asleep and not notice about what she did. Minutes passed and she still was. She slowly moved Jessica’s hand away from her waist but Jessica was fast, she even tightened her grip on Yuri’s waist. Yuri was having cold sweat but just remained calm on the outside but in the inside she was slowly dying of nervousness.

“What are you doing Jessica?” she uttered those words unintentionally but lucky enough, Jessica didn’t hear her.

I love you…” Jessica continued on her murmuring.

“What?!” Yuri said and was shocked after what Jessica said.

“Hnnngggg…” Jessica said in response.

“I’m sure you’re having a weird dream now.” Yuri said.

It was already 4 am and Yuri was still wide-awake. Nothing just seems to be taking her to deep sleep. Seconds passed to minutes, minutes passed to hours, and hours passed to forever. It was never ending for her.

“This is going to be awkward for sure.”

“Do you even know what you’re doing?”

“Why does it feel right to be beside you?”

“Do you even feel the same because you’re doing this to me?”

“Or you’re just dreaming a weird dream?”

Her thoughts were endless and couldn’t wait for the sunrise.

“Yuri-ah…” Jessica’s voice was low but good enough for Yuri to hear since they’re only inches apart.

“Y-ye-yes… Jessica?” she said, stuttering.

“…”

“You’re sleep talking again…”

“How long are you going to be like this?”

“It’s the first time we met but it felt like we’ve known each other before.”

“Why does it feel so right to be right beside you?”

“Am I falling in love with you? Coz my heart beats fast whenever I see you.”

“I don’t know if what I’m feeling is real, but I know this feeling is new to me and it feels somehow right.”

“Is it even possible for a girl to like a girl? Or even love a girl?”

“Why am I thinking all these?”

Yuri kept talking to herself and little did she know that Jessica was half awake since she muttered her name. She heard everything Yuri said crystal clear and for some reasons, she had a little smile on her face with eyes closed.

“Why am I feeling like this? It feels right.” Jessica thought.