six (part 2/2)

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyewon was washing the dishes when Minju told her that the latter wanted to go to the amusement park. Minju looked like an excited kid when Hyewon agreed to take her there.

 

"Unnie, can I borrow some of your clothes?" Minju smiled innocently. "Sure, go ahead." There goes Minju doing her little victory dance, swinging her fist back and forth. Hyewon worries that the younger girl would tear her lips off by the way she's smiling from ear to ear.

 

I didn't expect her to be so excited like this. Hyewon laughs to herself.

 

While Minju's getting ready, Hyewon's phone rings. It was a call from Yuri. She answers it quickly, knowing what the call might be about.

 

"How is she, unnie?" As expected, Yuri called to ask about Minju. Hyewon completely understands how worried she is of her best friend ('cause let's be honest, who wouldn't be worried?)

 

"She seems better." Hyewon took a glance at the direction of her bedroom, where Minju's changing and preparing. "We'll be going to the amusement park, by the way. She said she wants to go there."

 

"Really? Do you know why?"

 

"She really didn't tell me the reason why. Maybe she just missed going to one."

 

"Well, update me if anything happens to her, unnie, and take care."

 

"Got it. And please, stop worrying already. I promised that I'll take care of her while she's with me."

 

"I know. I just can't help it."

 

"Okay, but tone it down a bit." She hears Yuri chuckling on the other side of the line. "Anyway, I'll be hanging up now. We'll get going in a few. If it'll make you feel at ease, I'll send you pictures from time to time."

 

"Okay, unnie."

 

"You sure you're just her best friend and not her mom?"

 

"Unnie!"

 

"Just kidding! I'll hang up now. Bye!"

 

"Bye, unnie. Have fun!"

 

By the time the call ended, Minju's just got out of the room wearing a long sleeve white polo and jeans, courtesy of Hyewon. And the older girl swears, she couldn't remember being that beautiful wearing that.

 

"Can I also borrow this white cap, unnie?" Minju said, checking how she looked in the mirror in the living room. Hearing no reply, she turned to look at the owner of the cap, only to find her in a dazed state. She waved her hand at Hyewon, hoping to get her attention. "Unnie, are you okay?"

 

"Hmm..?" Hyewon looked at her, but you can see that she's still a bit lost.

 

"I asked if you were okay?"

 

"Oh…yeah. I am."

 

"You don't seem like it. We can just stay here if you're not feeling well. We could just watch another mov—"

 

"No, I'm fine. It's just that you're beautiful." Minju's eyes widened, when Hyewon muttered those words mindlessly.

 

"I'm sorry, what?"

 

"I said, you're beautiful." Hyewon tried to play it cool and act nonchalant in front of Minju, but when she turned to get her keys she just wanted to be swallowed by the ground.



 

***



 

Once they arrived at the amusement park, Minju couldn’t hide her excitement that she just mindlessly dragged the older girl to every amusement she wanted to ride. They rode the bump cars first, and then the vikings.

 

When Minju saw a shooting booth she dragged Hyewon to do that, she kept saying that she wanted the ice bear stuffed toy price. They ended up not getting at all because it turns out that they were both bad at games. Hyewon kept apologizing for not getting it and Minju was just laughing at the former.

 

“I told you, it’s okay, unnie.” Minju kept saying. “But you wanted it.” Hyewon pouted, and that’s a completely new thing for the younger girl to see.

 

“I can buy myself a stuffed toy anytime I want to. It’s not a big deal, really.”

 

“No, I’ll be the one buying it for you. I’ll buy you a big one.”

 

“Un—”

 

Hyewon raised her hand, cutting Minju off, and shook her head. “You can’t stop me and I’ll do it now.” The latter could only sigh and rub her temple. That’s for being too excited and persuasive. Minju thought.



 

***



 

After playing some more, although they’re both relatively bad at it, the two of them decided to take a break and eat since they were also tired and starving. “Are you having fun?” Hyewon asked.

 

“You’re seriously asking me that?” Minju scoffed before drinking water.

 

“What? I’m just making sure you’re really having a good time.”

 

“Let’s see. I was laughing so hard when we rode the vikings, screaming at the top of my lungs at the gyro drop, beating you on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter