three

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju was sitting at the bar, drinking a carbonated drink— she’s not fond of alcoholic beverages. While her friends are being wasted, chatting with other people, or dancing; she chose to stay out of where all the action happens.

 

All she could think of at that moment was plopping on her soft and comfy bed and drift away to dreamland. She can’t wait to go home.

 

Minju sighed and took another sip of her cola. She took her phone out and checked if her friends left her a message.

 

She found none.


 

YURI

Jo Yuri, where r u?

I want to go home already!

(Seen)


 

The audacity of this girl to leave me on 'seen' when she's the one who begged me to accompany her here? Minju thought to herself.


 

YURI

YA! JO YURI

Sorry

Just for a few more minutes, Min

Let me say goodbye to them then I’ll head back there


 

She let out a long sigh upon reading the message and pocketed her phone. For Minju, the night feels so much longer than usual. She should’ve stayed in her apartment like she planned, but Yuri begged her to go— hence, the situation she’s in right now.

 

She scanned through the crowd to check if Yuri’s already on her way, but instead of seeing her best friend, her gaze lands on a familiar figure. Someone she knows too well— the way she walks, how the corner of her eyes narrows when she smiles, her mannerisms, and—

 

.

 

The other girl looked her way, making her panic. , she's walking this way. What should I do?

 

Minju took big gulps of the cola, not paying attention to the fizzy feeling that comes after it, in an attempt to calm her down. It didn’t work.

 

“Minju.” She almost melted when she heard the woman’s voice, and she’d be lying if she said that she didn’t miss hearing her calling out her name. She missed it terribly, she missed the person too.

 

“Hyewon unnie?” Minju cringed out how her voice sounded. It sounded too soft for someone pretending to be over a “silly crush”.

 

“You came here alone?” Hyewon sat on the seat next to Minju’s. Gosh, Hyewon doesn’t even have to do anything but Minju’s already losing her sanity. How is she so gorgeous and why does it have to have this big effect on me?

 

“No, I’m with Yuri actually. She just went to meet her friends so…”

 

“Oh, I see.” Hyewon smiled and Minju swears she felt her heart do a back flip. “How was the party so far?”

 

“Great.” Minju said with zero enthusiasm, making the older girl laugh.

 

“Someone’s still not fond of parties.”

 

“Parties are not my thing.”

 

“I know.” Hyewon looked at her as if she was about to say something else. “What is it, unnie?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Come on, say it.”

 

“Do you want to go grab a coffee outside with me instead?” Minju’s brows furrowed. “But you just got here?”

 

“It’s okay. Everyone in this party’s busy in their own world. They wouldn’t even notice that we’re gone.” Hyewon raised her brows, smile never left her lips. “So what’s your decision?”

 

That damn smile. How could I say no? “I’ll just message Yuri.”


 

YURI

You can go ;)

What?

I haven’t said anything yet

I can see you guys from here


 

She looked around and saw her friend smirking from across the room. She just rolled her eyes at her.


 

And you can go

Just text me when you get home

You brat.

I know, you love me <3

Ihateyou

Text me when you get home too

Don’t get wasted

And don’t stay too late with Hyewon unnie

You’re annoying

I know


 

“Done.” Minju pocketed her phone and grabbed her purse. “So where are we going?”

 

“Did you bring a car with you?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Okay. So I was thinking, how about we w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter