"Patawad, paalam." (1)

Broken Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Distance wasn’t so bad at all, when you exactly know where your direction is. One milestone is enough for a heart that can draw another step to take it.

 

Tiffany laid her eyes on Taeyeon, whenever she looked amused by how the flowers bloomed, whenever she wandered around listening at the sound of water falling softly on the stones, whenever, those eyes of hers was mesmerized and held captive by someone else.

Tiffany saw how it sparkled everytime she smiles. Tiffany saw how inlove they were, everytime she laughs.

 

It can be in a form of a broke line, a guide to an end point, a guide to where you should go and a guide to a bigger picture you might wonder.

 

This wasn’t the first time Taeyeon ever stared like that, she was always the first one to witness such a beautful moment, but it saddens her how simple words could not freely express her emotions. And this isn’t so Taeyeon at all, this was like a new side of her,

A new side that was meant to be shown for someone who deserves it all—somehow, it still made her happy to know that her direction was finally found.

 

But it’s not something someone can redraw until they become perfect, they can’t always be the straightest, the most beautiful line ever drawn.

 

Tiffany reminisced all the good memories they shared, including the painful ones, and the buried ones. Tiffany saw a very different Taeyeon from the kind of Taeyeon she had now—or maybe she just wanted everything to be perfect she forgot who Taeyeon really was.

And maybe, this was really her, this was the real her, the , and unfiltered, soul of hers.

 

Because it creates a larger distance from the milestone, it starts to standout, almost painting a new picture. Because a line that’s too perfect to even have a guide with it, fails to see its own origin, and follow where it should be going.

 

Maybe that’s where it went wrong, where the space between them turned into a distance they never knew they wouldn’t be able to cover. Tiffany understands it now, Tiffany realizes how much her desires were the ones who failed her kind of perfection, not Taeyeon, but her.

She once again laid these teary eyes back at the woman she’s been staring for quite a long time now, and she didn’t expect, that woman would look back.

 

And just like that, broken lines remain broken, when the end point wasn’t met, especially when someone only thought of it as a need, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter