FIFTEEN

Go against the rules

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5142463666516f527459695871673d3d2d3939383837323138362e313635393530353237663063643333383734303431313238383831382e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

"So what is he like?" Katherine gushed, catching Kyungsoo in the kitchen as he was preparing dinner. They had been home for the total of two hours, but since no one had come to interrogate him sooner Kyungsoo figured that both Katherine and Suho had been out attending to their duties as partners to the King. He couldn't help the smile that spread on his lips as he gently turned down the heat, before placing a cover on top. The chef could practically feel Katherine vibrate in excitement from her spot at the kitchen island, her wide curious eyes begging Kyungsoo to hurry and tell her everything. "Please tell me he is sweet!"

"He is amazing," Kyungsoo didn't have any reason to lie to the woman who was now sitting across from him. Baekhyun truly was an honest sweetheart, which wasn't a very common trait within the human community. "he took great interest in showing me and Jongin to our classes even though most of them were in the complete opposite direction to his and Chanyeol's."

"How kind of him to take an interest in both of you!" Katherine gushed, shaking her clenched fists with a bright smile on her lips. Kyungsoo couldn't recall a time in which she had looked so excited before, perhaps when he was introduced to her? But it had been quite a while since that introduction so her gestures were a little hard to remember. "How did you two get along?"

"I actually spoke to him more than Jongin has." Kyungsoo laughed, watching through his curled eyes as Katherine's position changed so that she was now sitting straighter. She seemed very intrigued by this. "I think when Chanyeol introduced me as Jongin's mate he was able to realise that there are more people out there that are special like he and Chanyeol are. He even asked me about my mate locator, he thought it was pretty interesting even though both of us know how much I hated it."

Katherine nodded her head, reminiscing on the memories in her head of the conversations she had with Kyungsoo after he had been introduced to her as her son's mate. Kyungsoo had been straight forward with the woman from the moment he had laid his eyes on her, not afraid to state when he was uncomfortable with certain situations or events that had come with entering into the Royal family. One such situation being how much he hated Jongin and his strange obsession with sour fruits, which would surprise Kyungsoo whenever the boy were to eat them.

"Did he have any questions as to your relationship with Jongin besides that?" Katherine wondered. Kyungsoo figured that she was just searching for information about the boy who just so happened to be the human mate of the Prince of Darkness, he couldn't blame her as he had just been interested in the boy before he had the opportunity to meet him.

"Yeah when we met up for lunch we started talking again, he was so sweet and tried to include Jongin in our conversation. He asked what it was like for both of us when we realised that we were soulmates and when I told him that I was initially shocked he started laughing and glancing at Chanyeol who then explained to us that Baekhyun was actually extremely calm when he claimed that they were."

"I forgot about that part" Katherine pursed her lips, her gaze falling into the fruit bowl on the table between them. "he likes legends and myths doesn't he?"

"His paintings are honestly the most beautiful things I've seen from someone in this century, Katherine these pieces would have gone for millions had they been made in an era like the Renaissance. They are honestly so captivating, he has a true talent."

"Chanyeol told me that he painted his take on the city of gold and the most recent painting being David vs. Goliath, did he show you any others?"

"Oh so many," Kyungsoo gasped, gazing into the fruit bowl hoping that he would be able to recall all the photos of the canvases Baekhyun had painted. "there was one really really detailed one about his take on Mount Olympus. He had Gods and Goddess all throughout it, it was just beautiful. Then there were more simpler ones like various fruits or landscapes but even then they looked so detailed and then he swiped and showed a scene of the Salem Witch Trials, it was captivating."

"I bet Chanyeol looked smug the entire time huh?" Katherine giggled, shifting forward in her seat ever so slightly. She had decided to go with a Victorian styled medieval renaissance gown today, the deep blue colour complimenting her complexion. "He must have been really happy to show Baekhyun off."

"Actually he did the opposite," Kyungsoo was quick to decline, watching with wide eyes as Katherine's head snapped upwards in alarm. "we all know how long Chanyeol has waited for his mate which is why I thought that he would try to show Baekhyun off to me. But believe me when I tell you that I was surprised to see him stand back and allow Baekhyun the space to come and talk to me and Jongin, he kept quiet and only talked when he saw fit. However he was glued to the poor boy's side the entire time although I have to say that I can't blame him for that either, Baekhyun may not look it but he is a clutz and being a human means that he is in a lot of danger, not to mention that he is also Chanyeol's mate on top of everything else."

"Chanyeol will protect the boy with everything he has." Katherine agreed, nodding her head up and down. She picked at her fingernails as her lips pushed out in a small pout, Kyungsoo chose to remain silent as she drifted off into her thoughts for a moment's time. "Has the Prince come to a decision in regards to my proposal?"

"About telling him that he could bring Baekhyun here on Thursday?" Katherine nodded. Kyungsoo thought it through but he wasn't able to recall a moment in time where Chanyeol had discussed it, instead he simply shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, he didn't speak of it at lunch or when we were on our way home. If he has, he has only spoken to Baekhyun about it but I have to admit Katherine I can kind of see where his hestitance is coming from. He probably believes that by introducing Baekhyun to you and Suho the poor human will be overwhelmed, I mean the two of you are his parents after all. The Prince may want to keep him to himself for the moment."

"That's a shame..." Katherine huffed, but she didn't offer Kyungsoo any distaste to his words. "I suppose that I thought that it would be like when Jongin introduced us to you. In your case you had only known him not even twelve hours before we met you, it was a beautiful but unexpected surprise. I suppose that I should take Chanyeol's situation into account, since he is the Prince afterall and things are a little different for him than it was for you and Jongin. Although I must admit I am quite glad that the two of you have it easy, or at least as easy as it can be."

"You and I, both Katherine," Kyungsoo agreed. "you and I both."

"Something smells good in here!" Jongin's cheerful voice shouted from outside in the hallway, instantly pulling a smile onto Kyungsoo's lips. The chef stood up from the island and walked back towards the stove, pulling the cover off with a spoon already in hand. Just as Jongin appeared beside him Kyungsoo had managed to dunk the spoon into the soup, filling it to the brim of the liquid goodness. Jongin smiled before his lips curled around the spoon, his eyes closed as he took in the flavour. "It tastes good Soo!"

"Good because everything we don't eat today will become our lunch for tomorrow." Kyungsoo sighed, turning back to the pot after throwing the spoon into the sink. He could hear Katherine giggling from where she remained at the island.

"Kyungsoo was just telling me about his day with Baekhyun, it seemed quite natural from what I've heard."

"Oh it was so simple to talk to him Eomma," Jongin gushed, rushing to claim the chair Kyungsoo had sat in moments prior. "he has a way of keeping the conversation going which is perfect for the job he unknowingly signed himself up for!"

"He's a human, there is no way that he would be able to become Queen of the vampire kingdom." Suho's tired voice travelled into the room with him, Kyungsoo cast him a quick glance from his position in front of the spice cabinet. The poor man looked like he could faint any moment, his movements almost sluggish as he attempted to walk himself to the table but failed when he nearly tripped over himself. Jongin was by his side in seconds, holding him up to help take him the rest of the way.

"Woah there Suho I wouldn't be too sure about him being a complete human, there has to be some sort of gene mutation or perhaps he is a completely other species." Katherine voiced out her opinion, looking at the man before her with narrowed eyes. "What happened to you? Just yesterday you were excited to meet the boy and now you can't even think for a moment that he could replace you on the throne?"

"Oh no he can replace me all he wants, it will be the council that will think he isn't fit for it as we can't prove that he is anything but human. Baekhyun will have to either tell us how he has lived so long like Chanyeol has or come up with some sort of excuse. The only thing that the council will like about this particular situation is that Baekhyun is in fact Chanyeol's mate, they may ask questions or they may not but I don't think they will feel comfortable putting a human on the throne."

"This whole council thing has been pissing me off." Jongin grunted as he sat himself back down on the seat facing both of the elder vampires. "Why can't they just kick Kris off the throne now or better question why couldn't they find someone else to fill in until Chanyeol was ready?"

"Easy," Kyungsoo announced as he strolled back over to his mate. He wrapped his arms around his shoulders and gently pressed his lips against Jongin's cheek before explaining. "fear. Kris runs this kingdom on fear and repercussions of betrayal and the reason that the council have been waiting for Chanyeol to come of age is because if some small anti-monarchy group of vampires see someone else ascend the throne that isn't related to the monarchy in anyway they will not hesitate to overthrow them and be rid of the monarchy forever."

"Great where do I sign up?" The youngest son of the king beamed, tilting his head to look at his mate. Kyungsoo simply glared at him, hitting him against his chest for being stupid.

"As much as Kris is a horrible king he has been able to keep peace, that's not involving the rebel attacks against Chanyeol-"

"No one else finds that a little strange?" Jongin voiced out, looking back at the elder vampires sitting across from him. "I mean come on, isn't it funny that the first ever rebel attack happened the night that Chanyeol was born which also happened to be the night that Kris was told that when his son grew of age he would be ascending to the throne?"

"Of course there is something strange about that," The Prince grinned as he entered the room, his head tilted backwards as he smelt the soup's delicious scent wafting down the hallway. "I wouldn't be a very smart vampire if I didn't see the connections. But I can't say anything about it, our donor may be a dreadful king but he has made very valuable friends over the years. Friends that will back him up to the council which are already limited to their power because they are afraid of him and what he can do, but they are adamant on seeing me on the throne nonetheless."

"So all this time you knew that it was him that had a warrant out for your head? And yet you never said anything?" Jongin gasped, looking at his brother like he was crazy (which one could debate was true).

"Who would you expect me to tell? The council is already aware of what is happening but like I said before they refuse to do anything but hope that I will survive until they see that I am fit to put on the throne. I can't tell anyone else within the cabinet because my father more than likely has them all in his pocket anyway and don't get me wrong but what could you guys do? I would just be putting you in an even more dangerous position than the one you were currently in, the less any of you knew the better or should I bring up Clara and her situation?"

"Clara was a castle servant, Kris would know to go for them first before even considering us" Suho stated, Chanyeol's head nearly snapping to look at him rather than gazing in the soup bowl. Kyungsoo whined as the Prince sent his father an honest glare, he had never seen Chanyeol's mood change because of Suho before. "Castle staff are just collateral damage, besides none of them would be missed if something like that happened. Take the people in this room for example, Kris would have to start with Kyungsoo before even thinking about killing any one of us off first."

"You have got to be kidding me right now," the prince snarled through gritted teeth, his hands had formed fists by his sides which went unnoticed by the rest of the (now frozen) family but not Kyungsoo. Instead the boy quickly searched for his phone, running his fingers through his jeans hoping that a pocket would contain it. "First of all Clara may have just been some chambermaid to you but she was like a third parent to me, she minded Jongin and I when you and Katherine couldn't do it since you had other responsibilities. When I was old enough to realise that my father was trying to kill me I sent Clara out to figure out stuff for me and it got her killed so excuse me if I don't want something like that happening again, regardless of their status in our community. Kyungsoo may only be allowed to live here because he helps out in the kitchens but do I even have to remind you that he is in fact my brother's mate which brings his status up to a royal, level to anyone else in this room. And finally where exactly have you been for the past couple years that I've been alive? Has losing your mate really made your mind go to mush that you can't even see that your husband has been trying to kill the both of us for years? "

Kyungsoo found his phone in his back left pocket of his jeans, he had Baekhyun's contact open just in case he needed to send him a quick message although the tears in his eyes were clouding it ever so slightly. The chef would never admit it to anyone if they asked but he had to let the human know what he was getting himself involved with in regards to their family, so when Chanyeol and Jongin were busy chatting at the table in the cafeteria earlier Kyungsoo made sure to drag Baekhyun towards the vending machines at the other side of the room which just so happened to be surrounded by loud students that could drown out their conversation. The vampire made sure to keep it brief, not giving Baekhyun too much information but also not entirely leaving him in the dark either.

"Chanyeol only mentioned his Appa, I don't know anything else about your family." Baekhyun had claimed with honesty as he watched Kyungsoo slowly put in coins for the machine. "Jongin said things were complicated earlier but if you had to drag me away from them just to tell me this, it must be serious."

"It is," Kyungsoo admitted, knowing that he could trust the boy with this. Chanyeol's nerves be damned, Baekhyun needed to be told now otherwise the poor boy will be overwhelmed later and Kyungsoo was not going to suffer this alone. "I can't say much because it's not my place but I have to warn you that the family we are both now linked to is a complicated one. Even I found myself trying to wrap my head around it for a while, but Chanyeol is very protective over his family especially his Appa but he gets annoyed when something happens to any one of us as I'm sure you will soon witness just how protective he is."

"And I suppose that you're telling me this because you want to warn me before I commit fully to him right?" Kyungsoo remembers blushing quite profoundly after that.

"Well not necessarily but I did want you to know that our family is complicated and gets under Chanyeol's skin a lot especially about finding his mate which he has now done, so you can imagine the type of drama that is causing."

"That bad huh?"

"You have no idea..."

"Okay but I do have an idea," Baekhyun grinned, pulling out his phone and holding it out to Kyungsoo who stared at it in surprise for a moment before realising that it was opened on the 'new contact' option in the humans phonebook. "you give me your details and whenever Chanyeol is getting a little frustrated, text me and I'll figure out an excuse to distract him to calm him down a little. I read that soulmates have that effect on each other so this is perfect! Oh and that option also applies to you too you're my new friend, so if you need to vent or just to have a chat with someone else you can text me whenever you want!"

Kyungsoo was so grateful that Baekhyun's brain was able to come up with such a system because it looked like Kyungsoo might have to use it quicker than he expected, judging by Chanyeol's whole posture right now. However the near crisis was averted when Suho simply chose to stare at his son, rather than fire back a comment. Even Jongin couldn't find it within himself to look the man in the eye, not that Kyungsoo was complaining it was going to take some time for him to recover too.

"I didn't think I would ever see a time in my life where you placed yourself and apparently our entire family over people who are from a different society level then us," Chanyeol spat, looking at Suho who had bowed his head in shame. "it isn't a very attractive trait Appa so knock it off."

"I apologise," Suho's voice was shaking but it didn't affect Chanyeol in the slightest. "I shouldn't have said such a thing, I'm sorry."

"No you shouldn't have," Katherine agreed with him, looking at the man beside her with wide eyes. "but since you have there is no point in continuing this conversation. Chanyeol made a point now that's the end of it, Kyungsoo dear are you alright?"

"Give me another five minutes please," the chef tried to smile, trying to keep himself upbeat even though his mind was suddenly overwhelmed with everything that just happened. The whole reason that he was allowed to stay at castle Wu was the fact that he would be useful in the kitchens, him being Jongin's mate being a completely secondary option to the king and now apparently Suho. "I just need to find the parsley then the soup will be ready to eat."

"I'm sorry you had to hear that sweetheart," Jongin whispered, appearing behind him the moment he finished speaking. Kyungsoo slowly dipped his head, biting back the tears filling in his eyes. He clutched his mate's hands which had tangled themselves together around his waist from the back, he held Kyungsoo tightly hoping that his touch was enough to make him forget about Suho's words and hidden meanings. "you are a part of this family just like Baekhyun will be. Like Chanyeol said it doesn't matter about your social status. You are a person and my mate and should be respected as such."

"Kyungsoo-" Suho tried to speak out and apologise but Katherine beat him to the punch telling him to be quiet and that his damage had already been done.

When Kyungsoo looked back up from the dishing the soup, he wasn't even surprised to see that Chanyeol had already left the room, leaving behind a heavy atmosphere in his wake. Jongin didn't even give him the option of eating his dinner in the kitchen, instead taking the bowl of soup straight out of his hand before leading him back to their bedroom in the east wing.

Maybe texting Baekhyun was a good idea. 

 

Baekhyun was actually sitting at home on his couch watching Netflix when his phone buzzed from its spot on the coffee table, to say the sound surprised him was an understatement. The poor boy hopped in his seat since he wasn't used to his phone actually getting a notification, however he couldn't deny that it was very much welcomed. He couldn't help the grin that spread onto his lips when he noticed that it was Kyungsoo that had sent him a text message, however after their conversation at lunch earlier in the day Baekhyun suddenly became very nervous at what could have happened.

Hey Baekhyun, it's Kyungsoo. Are you free to talk?

Baekhyun always had a problem with his nerves so he couldn't wait for Kyungsoo to reply to a text message so he took a deep breath and prayed to all the gods and goddesses out there hoping that the boy wouldn't be too annoyed with him so soon, as he clicked the call button at the upper right hand corner of the screen.

It rang out for a moment but then Kyungsoo's delicate voice drifted through the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Kyungsoo, sorry about calling you but I got nervous. I thought that something had happened. Is everything okay? Is Chanyeol okay?" A moment's silence told him everything that he needed to know. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm not too sure.." Kyungsoo chuckled through the line, Baekhyun reached out and paused the series he had been watching. "Something happened just before dinner that I wasn't really expecting or prepared for. I guess it just has me questioning my worth.."

Baekhyun swallowed the lump in his throat, his hands growing clammy as he listened intently to Kyungsoo as he broke down into a sob over the phone. The artist had only met the poor boy and yet he was willing to do anything to keep the smile he had seen on his lips earlier. He should have expected that Kyungsoo was delicate when it involved matters with Chanyeol's family after their conversation today, but he wasn't prepared for such a situation.

"Kyungsoo, breathe you need to breathe and relax." Baekhyun took the blanket he had draped over his legs off and watched as it fell onto the ground. "You're in no state for us to talk over the phone, how about I meet you somewhere? We can talk over some food?"

"No it's okay, I don't want to bother you. I'm not even sure why I called you to begin with-"

"Hey don't even say such a thing" he scolded, his eyebrows furrowing in the centre of his forehead. "we made a deal earlier today. If either one of us needed to talk or cry or vent we would do it, who else would we be able to talk things out with? We are going to be a part of the same family one day, so we gotta stick together! Now tidy yourself up and meet me at McDonalds just down the road from school in about twenty minutes, I'll see you then okay?"

"Baekhyun are you sure?"

"I wouldn't offer if I wasn't sure Kyungsoo, I meant what I said." he smiled, not even embarrassed that the boy couldn't see him. Even though the situation wasn't something to get excited over, Baekhyun couldn't help but feel excited to have the chance to meet up with someone who had become his friend. After all he didn't have many of those.

He quickly threw on his jacket and grabbed his keys and wallet off the table just next to his front door, Baekhyun sent his apartment one last glance before closing the door over and leaving the building behind. He knew that he should have told Lay where he was going and who he was going to be meeting but the whole situation just made Baekhyun feel like a rebelling teenager and he should allow himself to indulge in such things while he still could.

Maybe it was the excitement of seeing his friend again or maybe it was because of the hunger growing in the pit of his stomach but Baekhyun found himself outside the McDonalds a total of eight minutes earlier than the time he had told Kyungsoo he would be there at. Baekhyun used the last couple of minutes to get his thoughts in order, obviously his first and main priority was to make sure that Kyungsoo was okay and feeling better. But he couldn't deny that he wasn't going to use this opportunity to learn more about Chanyeol and the secrets he and Lay were trying so hard to hide from him. It was already clear to him that Kyungsoo lived with Chanyeol, Jongin and the rest of their family which Lay just so happened to have worked under before.

"Baekhyun?" The said boy turned with a grin to see Kyungsoo looking at him with a shy smile on his lips, the human almost jumped into his embrace when he realised that Kyungsoo's cheeks were stained with tear trails and his eyes were the reddest Baekhyun had ever seen, there was no doubt that the poor boy would wake up with puffy eyes tomorrow morning.

"Kyungsoo hey, come on let's get some food first." Baekhyun held out his arm, happy to see Kyungsoo move without thinking to link him. They opened the doors to the establishment and entered with small smiles on their lips, they both told their food to the waiter behind the counter who was nice enough to take them both one after the other.

Once their numbers were called Baekhyun took it upon himself to carry the meals as Kyungsoo sought out an appropriate place for them to sit and enjoy their orders, the boy decided to pick a place away from the windows and more towards the back corner which Baekhyun didn't seem to mind as he slid into the chair directly across from Kyungsoo whose gaze locked on the tray before him. It was obvious that Kyungsoo didn't know where to start and Baekhyun knew that the only reason he was being hesitant was because Baekhyun wasn't as aware of what was happening around him like Kyungsoo was.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, we can just talk about school as a distraction or we can talk more about your relationship with Jongin or you could ask me anything!"

"What is your view on the supernatural?" Kyungsoo wondered, without missing a beat. Baekhyun blinked at him in surprise, having not expected such a quick question to come from the boy's mouth so soon. He took a moment to truly think about the question, busing himself with opening his burger box and pouring the fries he bought into the other section. "I only ask because most of the paintings you showed me earlier have aspects of it."

Baekhyun took a sip of his cola before looking Kyungsoo in the eye as he went to speak but he honestly didn't have a clue where this could be going. He couldn't randomly blurt that he could see dead people, because he was pretty sure that the boy would either laugh at him or run for the hills. Instead he decided to be as honest as he could. "Actually I don't have a problem with the supernatural. I find it intriguing, growing up I watched so many shows and films that had all sorts of supernatural beings in it. I suppose that I went through a phase where I thought that I was one," Baekhyun felt his hands get clammy so he quickly grabbed a hold of one of the napkins on his tray. "but sadly reality kicked in."

"So what are we talking about here, Zombies? Witches? Werewolves?"

"I think you're missing the major one." Baekhyun laughed, gathering his burger in his hands. "What happened to the vampires?"

"Guess they aren't as popular as they were back in the day." Kyungsoo chucked while shrugging his shoulders, Baekhyun let a giggle pass through his lips at that.

"I guess since we are on the subject, the supernatural stuff just doesn't freak me out as much as you would think. Like I mean there are modern day witches and warlocks, one could argue that most kids now-a-days are zombies since they are always on their phones. As for werewolves, well I mean have you not seen how hairy our math teacher is? I've had my suspicion of him for years. But vampires, if the media are anything to go by you could argue and say that anyone who has a sensitivity towards sunlight is one."

"What about royalty? You seem to have an interest in that too or at least that's what I get when I saw your Greek mythology inspired painting."

"Interesting interpretation." Baekhyun hummed, chewing on his burger before washing it down with some cola. "Well the only active royal family that I know about are the British Royal Family, but since most of my knowledge is focused on the courts from past kings and queens I guess my views on royalty sprout from them. I don't think that it's a good idea since there is always a group of people that hope to overthrow them if the French revolution is anything to go by, every little girl grows up wishing that she could become a princess at some stage in her life but I mean- I'm glad that I grew up as a boy in a governmenting country because that would be a level of stress that I wouldn't be ready for."

Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh at that, Baekhyun certainly had an interesting view on things. The human offered him a bright smile, fishing a chicken nugget from the box he offered out to him with a grin.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your family like?"

"I don't have one." Baekhyun admitted, his lips curling upwards at the sight of Kyungsoo's wide eyes. "I grew up in an orphanage which was kind enough to pay for my education, I found myself a job to help pay for my apartment and groceries plus I got good deals on my phone and broadband so that's really good too."

"I'm sorry to hear about that.." Kyungsoo bowed his head but Baekhyun just waved him off.

"Don't be, don't get me wrong I was upset about it for some of my life but I have to admit that I have lived a very happy life. When I told Chanyeol about it he almost tripped over himself on our date, he said the same thing to you so I'm telling you what I said to him."

"So you've been alone this whole time?"

"Well you could argue that." Baekhyun joked, but it was only him who understood it. "Even though I never had a family I was never really alone, my neighbour Lay who is also a teacher in our school he's been really sweet watching me as I grew up in the capital."

The boy sitting across from him nodded his head, Baekhyun figured that Chanyeol had spoken about Lay to him so he didn't push to ask how he understood it so easily. 

"My real family kind of shunned me after I found Jongin," Kyungsoo explained with a soft tone of voice. Baekhyun watched him closely as he spun his straw around in his cup, his eyes locked on it. "at first they were happy for me for finding a guy like him but after I told them they wouldn't be getting anything useful out of our relationship they cut ties with me. At the beginning I didn't mind since I figured that I would be welcomed into Jongin's family but I was quickly made aware of my worth there too."

"You shouldn't allow other people to decide if you're worth it or not. You are a kind and very handsome guy yourself, who just so happens to make the best lunch boxes that I have ever tasted. I haven’t met all of Chanyeol’s family just yet but I know for a fact that both him and Jongin would more than likely shout at you for claiming such things about yourself. No-one can tell you who you are, your life isn't theirs. And take it from an outsider, I think you're pretty badass."

"Seriously?"

"Oh definitely," Baekhyun nodded his head, placing his burger back down into the box. "the moment I saw you I knew that I would have so much fun with you and that I would have a friend that others would wish to have. Kyungsoo I don't think you understand just how interesting a person you are, I can't speak for everyone you have ever encountered I can only say things based on my own experience. But I know for certain that even though these people are sprouting stupid and acting like children, they are jealous of what you have."

Baekhyun could tell that his words were hitting home for Kyungsoo, the boy sitting across from him eyes glazed over as he stared into the air around them. Baekhyun had lost him to his thoughts, but that was okay because he was there for him whenever he decided to come back to reality.

"You're right..." Kyungsoo spoke after a long pause, Baekhyun was able to gulp down the last of his burger before he continued. "My family were jealous of the new life I had for myself and I know exactly what happened at dinner now. Thank you Baekhyun."

"Its the least I can do" he grinned, plopping another chip into his mouth. "I didn't like the idea of you being upset over something like this. I can only hope that I will be told about it soon so you won't have to hide things from me for Chanyeol’s sake."

Kyungsoo reached out for Baekhyun's hand which had been laying on the table by his cup of cola. The boy was surprised by the touch but even more surprised by the words his new friend spoke.

"He's hiding these things for your sake, believe me it won't be very easy to digest when you start figuring things out."

Huh.

Well.

.