First Heartbreak

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju was feeling giddy waiting for her girlfriend on the airport when someone called her.

“Hello Unnie, would you want me to go with you to the airport?”

There was a pause on the other line when Yujin realized something.

“Wait unnie, don’t tell me you,”

“Yes Yujin-ah, you’re right I’m already at the airport right now.” Minju cut the younger.

“Unnie… what are you doing there already? Yuri unnie’s flight will land there at 6 pm and it’s just 4 pm, you’re too early.”

“Yujinnie I missed my girlfriend so much, and I got a little bit excited that’s why I’m already here.”

“Unnie are you even sure that Yuri unnie’s flight was today? As far as I know you can’t even reach her phone for almost a week.”

“Yujinnie don’t be a pessimist, I trust my girlfriend’s words. You’re right I can’t reach her this whole week, but she said last week that today was her scheduled flight, so I will wait for her here.”

“Unnie I’m not being a pessimist, I’m just worried about you. Wait for me unnie, I’ll be there.”

Yujin dropped the call and started to dial another number.

“Hello aunt Joohyun.”

“Hi Yujin-ah, how are you? And what’s with the sudden call?”

“I’m fine Aunt Joohyun, I just want to ask if Minju unnie was there, it’s because I can’t reach her. Did she go out?” Yujin forced herself to lie in order to not make Joohyun worry and to make sure that her guess was right.

“Well she did go out a while ago, she said that she’s going to the mall, but she didn’t bring her car with her, so I guess she’s in the nearby mall here in the neighborhood.”

“Thanks aunt Joohyun, I’ll go there to look for unnie.”

“Okay, take care tall kid.” Yujin smiled at the nickname she got from Joohyun and ended the call.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about today? I know you didn’t bring your car because you don’t want your driver to know where you are going, but why? Minju unnie you’re making me worry.” Yujin mumbled silently.

____________________

 

Yujin was on her way to the airport when a heavy rain pours out.

“Really, weather? you’re very unpredictable these days.” Yujin shakes her head as she looked outside the window.

“Ms. I’m afraid you will not able to reach your flight on time with this heavy traffic and rain.” The driver told her. Yujin looked at her wristwatch and mumbled.

“I don’t have a scheduled flight today ahjussi, I will just go there for my unnie and you’re right I’m already half an hour late, but still let’s go to the airport.”

 

Yujin arrived at the airport and immediately look for her unnie but she can’t find her. Yujin tries again to look for the latter for another half hour but still can’t find her.

Yujin was walking aimlessly outside the airport with the umbrella that the ahjussi a while ago lend her.

“Minju unnie where are you?” She was about to go back to the taxi when she saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench drench and shivering from the cold.

Minju was crying helplessly in the rain when the hard drops of water stop from hitting her porcelain skin. She looked up and saw the person she needed the most right now.

“I told you to wait for me there unnie!” Yujin said sternly.

“For God’s sake unnie… its November right now, winter is coming, and you decided to stay here under the rain, are you out of your mind?! And why did you not bring your car? Yujin asked feeling annoyed at the same time worried, she wrapped her jacket unto Minju’s shivering body and guide her to the taxi she rented a while ago.

“Oh! You’re already here Miss.”

“Yes ahjussi, thank you for lending me your umbrella and can you please turn on the heater ‘cause my unnie here might catch a cold.” The driver senses the mood between the two so he just obliges and the heater.

They arrived at Yujin’s studio apartment that Seulgi rented for her.

“Unnie wait here, I’ll just prepare a warm bath for you.” But before she can move, Minju hugs her from behind, Yujin felt the dampness on the back of her shirt.

“U-unnie…w-what’s wrong?” soon she heard her unnie’s muffled cry.

“Y-Yujinnie… *sobs* I…. I l-look like a fool... a-and it hurts me so much here.” Minju clutched her chest while crying, Yujin just stood there to listen to her unnie, ‘cause she believes that sometimes listening and just staying by their side is the best way to comfort a person who’s hurting.

“She…. she called me, Yujinnie…”

Flashback

“Hello Minju-ah…. are you listening?”

“Yes, baby I’m listening.” Minju nodded excitedly.

“Well there’s a problem…” Minju’s heart starts to pound harder.

“W-what is it?” Minju stuttered.

“I can’t go home today, I wanted to tell you earlier, but I got so busy that I forgot to call you… I’m sorry baby…” Yuri said feeling guilty.

“My classes got extended here because of our successful musical play, they wanted us to stay here for another six months to further test our creativity and talent. You’re still at home, right? You don’t need to go to the airport ‘cause my flight got cancelled.” Yuri added. Minju swallows the lump in and said,

“Y-yes I’m still here at my room.”

“Minju-ah, I’m really sorry.”

“N-no, it’s okay. I’m fine Yuri-ah. I’m just a little bit tired from jogging.”

“Minju-ah, I’m sorry but I need to drop the call now, it’s already 5 am here I need to get early to prepare for our activities.”

“O-okay… I Love…” but before Minju can say her I love you’s she heard her girlfriend shout a name that she’s very familiar with.

“Hey! Choi Yena....” and just like that the call ended. Minju immediately opens her IG account and there she saw a picture that was posted a minute ago.

A picture of her girlfriend and Yena hugging each other that captioned, Good morning! it’s a good sleepover at Yuri’s place with a heart emoji.

Minju’s heart seems to stop beating as the tears that she’s fighting to keep started invading her pale smooth cheeks. The broken girl started to walk aimlessly, her knees got weaker in every steps she takes, that forces her to slump herself to the bench outside the airport, and just like that the weather seems like it understands the girl’s heart break and started to let loose the hard rainfall that it’s keeping for the whole afternoon.

End of flashback

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter