Spurious

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri is indeed chasing her dreams in the other part of the world now. She arrived in Boston MA USA safely. A month had passed when Yuri started to wake up every day at 5 am to call her girlfriend who is having her dinner at the school cafeteria ‘cause that’s the only time their schedule matched. Yuri had memorized her girlfriend’s daily schedule, so she doesn’t miss calling Minju at dinner time even though it’s still 5 am in her time zone.

“Hi! baby, how was your day?” Yuri asked her girlfriend.

“Well, it’s quite busy because of the incoming festival but I’m holding up well thanks to Yujin who volunteer herself to always help me.”

“Well that’s good, I’m glad Yujin is there to help you.”

“Baby…. I miss you, I…I m-miss you so much.” Minju’s voice broke as yuri heard her girlfriend’s sniffling on the other line.

“Baby…stop crying now, I miss you too so much... I just can’t let this chance slip away ‘cause maybe this is my last chance… I’m sorry baby for making you cry… I’m sorry for my selfishness.” Yuri on the other line said guiltily.

“Don’t say that… don’t say sorry ‘cause you didn’t do anything wrong… I just miss you that’s why I cried but it’s not your fault, so please don’t blame yourself, you just wanted to chase your dream. I should be the one to say sorry for making you feel like that way, I’m sorry baby.”

“Minju-ah… there’s only two months left, so don’t worry I will be home soon.” Minju nodded on the other line and they started to talk about Yuri’s first month there and minju’s time without her girlfriend by her side.

“Yuri-ah, are you adjusting well there? Isn’t it hard?”

“It’s hard at first but luckily I met Yena here, she’s also a Korean and she helps me a lot to adjust fully here.”

“Thank God, that you met someone there to help you, baby I still wanted to talk with you but I need to go, dinner time is almost over, I need to go back to the classroom.” Yuri pouted and it seems like Minju sensed it as she said,

“Hey baby don’t show that sad pout of yours, it makes me want to go there and kiss you.” Minju teased.

“Minju-ah I love you…”

“I love you too, enjoy the rest of your day baby.”

“I will, take care and rest well when you get home baby…” The phone call ended and Minju hurriedly goes to their classroom.

After the class Minju goes home and saw her parents in each other’s arms in the living room, Minju quickly walks towards them to squish herself in.

“Hey baby girl you're big enough to squish in, go up and find someone to cuddle up with you.” Seulgi daughter which earned a laugh from Joohyun and a cute pout from Minju.

“But you just called me baby girl, that means I can still squish in myself between you and eomma while I’m still with you, Mom you better let me join or else you’ll miss my hugs ‘cause I might get married after high school and move out.” Minju Counterattack her mom while crossing her two arms between the two adults. Her parents suddenly became quiet, so Minju looked at them side by side and she laugh hard at the scene she is witnessing. Seulgi is already crying and Joohyun’s eyes are as big as the doe eyes with waters that are threatening to fall any second.

“Mommy, eomma I’m just kidding please don’t cry, I didn’t mean to make you cry.” Minju said with guilt in her voice.

“J-just don’t say that again, it’s not a good joke Minju… Y-your mom and I are not ready to give you up to someone else.” Joohyun said while sniffling and wiping her own tears.

“Your eomma is right baby… I… I cannot i-imagine life without you yet…” Seulgi said while rubbing her eyes which the mother and daughter finds cute.

“Your mom just wanted to make you feel jealous, so we planned to cuddle here to make you feel jealous ‘cause you’re always busy with student council affairs and with your girlfriend.” Joohyun admitted to her daughter which makes Minju look and smile at them with love.

“Don’t worry I’ll be spending more time with the both of you from now on.” Minju hugged both of her mothers and kissed them both on the cheeks.

“I love you so much Mom, eomma, and because you miss me so much starting today, I’ll be sleeping beside the both of you.” For the second time Seulgi’s eyes got bigger.

“T-then t-that means…. N-no love m….mak..” Seulgi stuttered slowly and joohyun doesn’t let her wife finish her sentence.

“Yes love, that means there’s none of that, you miss Minju right?” Joohyun asked her wife with a cute smirk.

“Don’t worry mom, I’ll be sleeping with you just for today because I’ll be having a sleep over tomorrow.”

“Young lady, where are you gonna sleep and with whom? I didn’t remember allowing you to sleep in other houses except for Yuri’s.” Joohyun questions her daughter’s statement.

“Eomma, I’ll be having a sleep over here with a junior of mine, ‘cause we need to finish somethings for the school festival.”

“We are all good now, so let’s go up and continue this on the room.” Seulgi chime in.

The three of them sleep together for the night. It was a sunny Saturday morning and Minju was at the garden with her parents having a little tea party.

“Miss Minju your friend has arrived.” The three of them looked at the newcomer and Minju stood up and run towards Yujin and hug the latter.

“Welcome to our home Yujinnie.” Minju said with a grin.

“Mom, Eomma, this is Yujin a junior and a close friend of mine.” Minju introduced the tall girl to her parents.

“Hello, I’m Ahn Yujin 17 years old and Minju unnie’s friend, it’s nice meeting the both of you and thank you for allowing me to come here.” Yujin said with a vow. Seulgi stood up to come closer at Yujin.

“So you’re the one that my princess ask me to sponsor in SIS, It’s finally nice meeting you Yujin-ah…” Seulgi hugs the latter which causes the tall girl to widen her eyes, Minju saw it and laugh her heart out while Joohyun was just eyeing the girl and seemed to feel distant to their visitor.

“Eomma, is there something wrong?” Minju sense her mother’s quietness, all of the attention where now on Joohyun.

“I-I’m fine… I’m just amazed by your friend’s height, Yujin-shi please make yourself comfortable here, if you need anything just ask the house staff.” Joohyun flashed her signature sweet smile.

The two were now at Minju’s room.

“Unnie, You didn’t tell me your house was this big… it was bigger than before when I accompanied you to go home that night.”

“Well, it got a major renovation five years ago.”

“Ah that’s why when I came back here I thought I was lost because its not the house I remembered it to be.” Minju looked at Yujin and ask,

“You came back here?”

“Yes unnie, I was about to be adopted so I wanted to see you for the last time but when I got here the house that I’m familiar with was now gone so I decided to just go back to the orphanage.”

“Mind if I ask what happened to the people who was supposed to adopt you?” Yujin’s face suddenly became gloomy and Minju saw it.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.”

“No unnie, it’s okay. Actually, I wanted to open up my past with you but I just can’t find the right time.” Minju holds Yujin’s hand and started to listen to Yujin.

“Finally, after seven years I was able to get a new life a new family, the orphanage I grew up with received a visitor who lost a daughter years ago. The papers were processed as soon as possible and when it was about to finalized, they decided to back out.” Yujin’s eyes got teary as she continues,

“I was all prepared, I even promise to be a very good girl so that they won’t have regrets, I was walking excitedly on the hall to go to the director’s office when I heard one of the staff talking.

Flashback

“Hey, have you heard that Yujin’s adoption got cancelled.” One of the staff said.

“But why? I thought that Yujin will finally have a family now.”

“It was because they found out that Yujin’s mom killed herself and that she was an illegitimate child.”

“So, what about it? Yujin doesn’t have anything to do with what her parents did.” One of the staff defended.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter