chap 23

Broken and Mended

 

----At TaeSooYulSic’s apartment----

Jessica stormed angrily into her room and bang the door shut, almost breaking it into two.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked, startled by the sudden banging noise.

Sooyoung just pointed her finger at Yuri as she made her way into her own room.

“What did you do this time?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at Yuri.

Yuri dragged herself lifelessly into the couch, next to Taeyeon.

“I didn’t do anything and that’s the problem…” Yuri answered back half-heartedly and lay her head back on the couch and closed her eyes.

“Huh?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow further, confused by Yuri’s reply.

Yuri stirred in the couch and faced Taeyeon as she explained the whole thing that had happened earlier.

----Five minutes later----

“So why didn’t you give her a reply? If you don’t like her that way, just say so. You’ll hurt her more if you just keep quiet about how you feel.” Taeyeon replied gently as she looked at Yuri who had her brows knitted and eyes closed.

“Its.. it’s not that I don’t like her that way, Tae. I get jealous too if I see her flirting with other people.. I’m really happy when she told me she like me but all these just happened too fast.. I’m not sure if I’m ready to be in a relationship… I.. I am not mentally prepared yet, you know… and I couldn’t just tell Sica this, not before sorting my feelings out..” Yuri tried her best to explain to Taeyeon about her feelings.

Taeyeon nodded her head as she pressed her lips together as if in deep thought.

“Pabo Yuri..” Jessica suddenly walked out of the room with a pink nose and slightly watery eyes.

“Sica…” Yuri looked totally shocked at the sudden entrance of Jessica.

Taking the cue, Taeyeon got up from the couch.

“I’ll excuse myself and go entertain Sooyoung now.” Taeyeon gave them a mischievous grin before walking towards Sooyoung’s room, leaving the two alone to talk.

“Why didn’t you tell me what you said to Tae earlier?” Jessica sat herself next to Yuri who stiffened at the sudden close proximity.

“Too much stuff was going inside my head then. And I wasn’t sure how to put it, in case you got the wrong idea…” Yuri explained carefully.

“I rather you said something than nothing.. it makes me look like a complete idiot back there..” Jessica pretended to be angry and crossed her arms.

“I’m sorry, Sica. I didn’t mean to. I like you too but I think I’m not ready for a relationship yet. I need some time, and if you could wait for me…” Yuri tilted her head up and looked at Jessica, hoping she will agree.

Jessica appeared to be deep in thoughts as she was staring into space with knitted brows and pouting lips.

Yuri waited anxiously for Jessica’s reply and was unconsciously gripping the couch handle tightly.

Suddenly, Jessica stood up and sighed deeply and walked back into the room.

“What??” Yuri almost yelled as she was stunned by Jessica’s sudden exit and quickly followed her into the room.

When Yuri entered the room, she saw Jessica was sitting at the corner of her bed, back facing her.

All negatives thoughts began to bubble in Yuri’s head when she saw that.

“I.. I understand if it was too much to ask.” Yuri whispered sadly as she sat on her bed, hugging her legs with her head resting on top.

 Yuri was too soaked in her own pool of sadness that she didn’t realise another weight on her bed.

“Pabo Yuri.” Jessica giggled and gave Yuri a tight hug.

“Of course I’ll wait.” Jessica smiled.

“Sica..” Yuri smiled back and returned the hug.

“Just promise me that you won’t flirt with other people especially Tiffany.” Jessica cupped Yuri’s face as she looked intently at Yuri’s dark brown eyes.

“I promise. But when did I ever flirt with Tiffany anyway?” Yuri asked innocently.

“Want me to REFRESH your memory??” Jessica cracked her knuckles and bored her eyes angrily onto Yuri’s.

“Ahhh I remembered!! I promise no more next time!!” Yuri quickly grabbed Jessica’s knuckles and gave them each a kiss, trying to calm Jessica down.

“No! I want a kiss here!” Jessica childishly pointed at her lips.

Yuri blushed as she quickly placed a chaste kiss on Jessica’s lips. Jessica smiled happily at the intimate contact.

“Let’s go to bed.” Jessica yawned sleepily and laid herself comfortably on Yuri’s bed.

“Your bed is there, Sica.” Yuri pointed at the empty bed beside hers.

“Aish.. just sleep already. I’m too lazy to move my . Besides, I’m not going to do ANYTHING to you.. yet.” Jessica grinned as she pulled Yuri to lie beside her and rest her leg and arm over Yuri’s body like a bolster, snuggling comfortably.

Yuri just rolled her eyes and yawned sleepily, before drifting off to sleep too.

---- Next morning, at Inton----

“Ahhh~ It’s so good to be back for work again~” Taeyeon smiled as she got out of the car.

“Wait till you meet our new team members. You’ll get blown away especially from Yoona! I wonder what she snack she put in her bag today…” Sooyoung replied excitedly as she got out from the other side of the car.

Taeyeon let out a short laugh at Sooyoung before replying, “I see someone getting blown away by Yoona’s snack, not her itself.”

“That’s not true! I like Yoona as well! Do you know she’s really amazing? The amount of food she put in is no kidding and yet she still remains soooooo slim.” Sooyoung immediately tried to defend herself.

“Right right… let’s hurry, it’s cold here.” Taeyeon gave Sooyoung an impatient wave before heading to the B8 lift.

----Inton, B3----

“I’m back~ Anybody miss me? Where are the new agents?” Taeyeon flashed her dorky smile when she and Sooyoung reached their team area’s desks.

“Tae!!! Glad to have you back!” Amber smiled widely before giving the short leader a gentle fist bump.

“Tiffany, Yoona. Come and meet our team leader, Kim Taeyeon.” Yuri waved at the two figures who were sitting at a corner.

“Psst, Yoona. You go ahead first. My skirt got struck at the stupid chair.” Tiffany whispered anxiously while tugging at her skirt, trying to free it.

“Okay. Be quick.” Yoona gave Tiffany a worriedly look before standing up and hurrying to meet the leader.

“Good morning, Miss Kim. I’m Im Yoona. I’ll do my best for the team.” Yoona gave a deep bow at Taeyeon.

“Call me Taeyeon. Nice to finally meet you, Yoona. After hearing Sooyoung talking almost non-stop about you since last night.” Taeyeon couldn’t help but beamed at her last sentence while Sooyoung shot Taeyeon a ‘WTF’ look.

“Where’s Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked when she saw no one behind Yoona.

“She’s.. she’s coming.”

Just then a flustered-looking girl came running towards their direction.

“Go-good morning, Miss Kim. I’m Tiffany Hwang.” The girl kept her head low as she gave Taeyeon a bow.

“Just call me Taeyeon and it’s nice-YOU?!!” Taeyeon’s eyes almost dropped out of her socket when Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon.

“Ahh!! Coffee girl!” Tiffany returned the equally shocked face to Taeyeon, a hand covering her own mouth while the other pointing at the shorter girl.

Both of them staring at each other in disbelief with Taeyeon eyeing Tiifany up and down several times.

“Huh?? You guys know each other??” Amber, Sooyoung, Yuri and Jessica asked in unison as they stared curiously at the both girls with raised eyebrows.

“Yuri-ah! She’s the one who stole my coffee yesterday!” Taeyeon exclaimed while maintaining her shocked and disbelief face at Tiffany who frowned at Taeyeon’s reply.

“What????” The rest shouted in shocked after hearing it.

“I did not STEAL it. I told you I’ll return you when I meet you again.” Tiffany defended herself and shaking her hands when the others were staring at her with equal disbelief as Taeyeon.

“Okay to prove my point, I’ll treat Taeyeon a cup of coffee now.” Tiffany pouted at the rest and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and walked towards the cafeteria.

“Wait! Did I say I wanna go??” Taeyeon replied in frustration as she tried to pry Tiffany’s hand off her.

“Aww.. don’t be so petty, leader Taetae.” Tiffany pouted and flashed Taeyeon her eye-smile, trying to loosen her up.

“I am.. uh….” Taeyeon saw Tiffany’s eye-smile and began to feel weak inside out instantly, all the anger and frustration just vanished and she stopped struggling to get free.

“Good. Let’s go!” Tiffany replied happily when she saw Taeyeon stopped struggling and pulled the defenseless shortie towards the cafeteria.

The rest just watched as the two disappeared from their sight.

“What the hell just happened there?” Sooyoung turned to face the rest as she pointed her finger at where the pair was before going to cafeteria.

“I don’t know. I’m confused..” Amber scratched her head.

“I thought Taeyeon was going to refuse but then..” Yuri also gave a confused look back to the group.

The rest nodded their heads in agreement at Yuri’s reply, understanding perfectly what she was saying even though she didn’t finish her sentence.

“That’s why she was named eye-smile killer back when she was in the academy. It has no effect on me and it appears for the rest of you as well but Taeyeon.. is so dead.” Yoona replied calmly and she was the only one unfazed by what just happened.

“Eh??????” The rest almost shouted at her reply while Yoona covered her ears.

“I’ll explain..” Yoona replied calmly as the rest gathered around her eagerly for her explanation.

----At Inton’s cafeteria----

“Ah-chooo~!” Taeyeon let out a huge sneeze as they make their way to the cafeteria.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked in concern as she turned to face Taeyeon.

“Fine.” Taeyeon replied coolly and was trying not to look at Tiffany’s face as she didn’t want to embarrass herself further like what she did just a few minutes ago.

“What do you want to drink?” Tiffany asked, flashing her eye-smile again as they sat down at a vacant table.

“Co-coffee.” Taeyeon let out a squeal as she accidentally saw the deadly eye-smile again.

Taeyeon immediately covered with her hands when she realized she just squeak out a response.

“I mean what kind of coffee.” Tiffany giggled at Taeyeon’s reply.

“Omg!! Did I just SQUEAK??!! .. Get a grip of yourself, Kim Taeyeon!!”Taeyeon mentally scolded herself as she breathed in and out deeply.

“Taeyeon? Can you okay?” Tiffany waved her hand in front of Taeyeon, snapping her out of her thoughts.

 Taeyeon nodded her head in response as she didn’t trust herself to speak at the moment.

“So what kind of coffee do you want?” Tiffany repeated her earlier question.

“Latte.” Taeyeon replied in a deep voice as she thought her voice might jumped a few pitches higher but unfortunately, it didn’t and it make Taeyeon sound like a transvestite.

Tiffany gave Taeyeon a weird look before nodding her head and got up to buy their coffee.

“Omg.. this is so not happening… what happened to my bloody voice??? and why am I feeling so weak and nervous around this girl? I’m the leader here, I’m in charge, not her! Arghhh why do I have to return work today????” Taeyeon let out a defeated sigh as she dropped her head on the table.

----10 minutes later----

“Please take good care of me, Taeyeon!” Tiffany flashed her eye-smile again before running happily to join Yoona at her desk.

“Don’t.. do that..” Taeyeon whispered as she saw the eye-smile again and felt weak in her knees for the hundredth time since in the cafeteria.

Taeyeon was about to hit the floor when Yuri caught her in time.

“Woah, Tae, you alright?” Yuri asked worriedly as she tried to get Taeyeon to stand.

“I’m feeling totally drained even though the day had just started..” Taeyeon replied dejectedly.

“Yuri, can you be my partner instead??” Taeyeon suddenly shot Yuri a hopeful look.

“Erm.. I thought you said no changing is allowed?” Yuri tried not to sound too harsh.

“I’m doomed.. doomed.. doomed..~” Taeyeon jumped around in frustration while Yuri gave her an apologetic look.

“You’ll survive, Tae!” Sooyoung winked and gave Taeyeon a fist pump before skipping to Yoona with a box of pineapple tarts.

“Let’s discuss this at home later after the newbie celebration.” Yuri patted Taeyeon’s back in encouragement before leading the shorter girl to her desk for a short rest as they have a long day to go.

------------------------------------

Taeny meets! lol @ Tae

Next chap will be about the newbie celebration for Tiffany and Yoona.

I wonder what will happen :p

STay tune to chap 24 :D