Part 6

Clear View

                Tiffany is fully absorbed in her phone again when she feels someone sit beside her and put their arm around her waist. She grins because it can only be one person.

                “Sunny, you’re back.” Tiffany says with a grin

                Sunny leans forward and gives her a short but sweet kiss on the lips, “I am. All my things are in your room. Did anyone tell you that I was moving in?” She says with a smile.

                Strings pull at Tiffany’s heart when she sees how happy Sunny is about it. Regardless, she knows she’ll have to tell Sunny how she feels. “Uh, yeah. Taeyeon told me.”

                Sunny’s smile fades, “You don’t seem very happy about it.”

                Tiffany sighs, “I might stay in Taeyeon’s room instead.”

                “You’re really that opposed to sharing a room with me?” Sunny furrows her brow and removes her arm from Tiffany’s waist.

                Tiffany’s panicking; how can she possibly explain herself? “No, no! It’s not that. I’m just a little anxious about it is all.”

                “Anxious?”

                “Yeah. I’m just kind of uncomfortable with the idea… I don’t want anything to… to go too far.” Tiffany struggles to put her thoughts into words.

                “Tiffany, you’ve told me that’s not what you want. You can’t possibly think I’d take advantage of you or something.” Her tone is quiet but stern.

                Tiffany is silent as she tries to think of how to explain that she’s more afraid of herself getting caught up in the moment and doing something she’ll regret later than she is that Sunny will pressure her. How can she explain that it’s herself she doesn’t trust?

                Sunny must mistake Tiffany’s silence as confirmation because she stands and scoffs. “I can’t believe this. I know we haven’t known each other for that long but I was sure you thought more of me than that. Un-ing-believable.”

                Tiffany’s stunned into silence. She wants to say that she doesn’t mean that at all, but the glare Sunny is giving her completely tears down her resolve.

                “I’ll trade places with someone and get my things out of your room.” Sunny’s voice shakes as she says it. Tiffany’s willing herself to do something, anything, but she’s frozen. Seeing that Tiffany isn’t going to say anything, Sunny storms off.

                Tiffany stays still in shock for over a minute before she finally sighs and puts her head in her hands. Such a stupid misunderstanding and it all could have been solved if she had just said something. Sunny had seemed so upset; she was on the verge of tears.

Tiffany has no clue of how she can possibly turn this around. She knows anyone would tell her to just talk to Sunny and right the wrong. But it’s not that easy. She doubts Sunny will even give her the time of day now. And there’s no way she’ll be able to convince Sunny to talk to her long enough for her to explain herself.

                Tiffany’s heart hurts; she doesn’t want this to be the end of whatever was going on between them, but what just happened felt so final. Not wanting to talk to anyone, but also not wanting to stay in the same spot, Tiffany starts making her way down to the lake.

 

 

                The feeling of her phone vibrating wakes Tiffany up; it’s almost dark now. She had lied down on the jetty where she and Sunny had sat earlier that day. A few tears had escaped her before she slipped into a deep snooze.

                Still half asleep, Tiffany sits up and looks at her phone. It’s a message from Taeyeon asking her where she is, and telling her that they’ve started cooking and drinking. Despite the fact that she knows Sunny will be there, Tiffany’s not opposed to joining in. Alcohol seems like just the thing she needs right now.

 

 

                Tiffany sits on the back porch of the cabin by herself. She had fun for about 20 minutes before a dark glare from Sunny had made her run and hide. Luckily, she had been able to sneak a bottle of tequila away without anyone noticing.

                “Hey Tiffany, is everything alright?”, Taeyeon asks as she sits beside her.

                Tiffany offers her a weak smile, “I just want to be alone right now, Tae.”

                “Did something happen with you and Sunny? I haven’t seen you talking to her.” Tiffany only nods. “Do you want to talk about it?”

                “No… not right now. I just want to be alone for a while. I’m fine, I promise.”

                Taeyeon gives her a small smile before hugging her tightly, “Alright, I’ll leave you be, but if you want to talk about it I’m here.” She stands up, “Try not to drink too much, alright?” Tiffany nods and then Taeyeon leaves her alone again.

                Tiffany sighs before taking a sizable gulp from the bottle. She grimaces; it’s definitely not easy to get down. But she knows in a few more swigs she’ll stop caring about everything, including the taste.

 

 

                Tiffany’s feeling good; giggly, warm and fuzzy, with slightly blurred vision. Any problems that had been bothering her before are long forgotten.

                “I thought I might find you here.”, Says a vaguely familiar voice.  Tiffany turns to see Jessica walking towards her with two plastic cups in her hands.

                Tiffany grins, “What brings you here?”

                Jessica smiles at Tiffany’s clearly very drunk state, “I was bringing you something to drink but it looks like you’ve already had enough.”  She pauses for a second, “I was also a little worried because I hadn’t seen you all night. I figured you might be back here.”

Jessica sits down beside her, sets one cup off to the side and drinks from the other. Tiffany’s amazed to see her guzzle down the whole cup full in one sitting. Afterwards Jessica brings her attention back to Tiffany, “So, I thought you told me you were social? Yet I’ve found you back here all alone twice in one day.”

                “I don’t want to be around Sunny.” She says absent mindedly before taking a long drink from her bottle.

                “What? Why? Before it sounded like you two were really into each other.”

                Tiffany sighs, “There was just this whole misunderstanding…”

                Jessica puts a comforting arm around Tiffany’s shoulders, “Nothing that can be fixed?”

                Tiffany looks into her eyes and suddenly finds speaking difficult, “Uhm… I… I don’t think so.” She’s gorgeous, which Tiffany already knew. But the concerned look on her face combined with the alcohol induced blush on her cheeks makes her look even more so.

                Her hesitation makes Jessica smile, “You’re really cute, you know. You get flustered so easily.” She pauses; taking time to stare at Tiffany openly, “Damn… I really wish I would have gotten to you sooner. We could of had a really good night together.” Jessica says in a hushed tone, almost as if she doesn’t realize she’s speaking out loud.

                Tiffany doesn’t know how to respond to the comment. She finds her gaze darting between Jessica’s dark eyes, and her slight smirk. That is until Jessica takes a deep drink from the other cup she had been carrying. “Since you’re already wasted, I might as well drink this.” With one more long swig the cup is emptied.

                Tiffany scoffs, “I’m not wasted.”

                Jessica grins before giving Tiffany’s cheek a hard pinch. Tiffany looks at her in open mouthed disbelief, “What the hell was that for?”

                “To see how drunk you are. Your face has gotta be pretty damn numb. You didn’t even yelp. You’re definitely trashed.”

                Tiffany rolls her eyes, “And you aren’t? You just gulped down that drink like it was water.” She doesn’t want to admit it, but the tequila had made her body a pleasant, warm, and tingly numb long before Jessica had sat down beside her.

                “I never said I wasn’t. But you’re definitely farther gone than I am.” Jessica says with a good natured smile. Tiffany only scoffs before leaning herself into Jessica; needing physical contact in her drunken state. She Tiffany’s hair. “Absolutely wasted.” She mutters.

                Tiffany looks up and her breath gets caught in ; Jessica’s staring right at her with an affectionate smirk on her glistening lips. With alcohol pushing all her inhibitions away, all Tiffany can think to say is, “I want to kiss you.”

                Jessica’s grin widens, “If you did, I wouldn’t stop you.”

                The words cause Tiffany’s heart to speed up in anticipation. She’s getting ready to lean forward but then stops. She knows there’s some reason she’s not supposed to kiss Jessica, but she can’t recall what it is. One more glance at her lips is enough to make Tiffany not care about whatever the reason is.

                Before Tiffany has a chance to close the gap between them, Jessica does. She skips right passed tender kisses and goes straight for the heavy make out; Tiffany doesn’t mind. The kiss is rough, sloppy, and she can taste alcohol on Jessica’s tongue. It’s just what she wants.

                The feeling of a hand sliding under her shirt and resting on her waist makes Tiffany gasp into the heated kiss. She feels Jessica grin and put her other hand on her lower back. Tiffany follows suit; tangling one hand into Jessica’s hair, while the other goes to her hip. The hand placement isn’t as adventurous, but the way Jessica starts kissing her harder tells her that it’s enough.

                Jessica’s hand inches up higher and it makes Tiffany pause. The feeling makes a little bit of her logic kick in and she pulls away. She hadn’t noticed, but she’s panting and so is Jessica. Tiffany stares into eyes that are dark with lust, then at the bright red and slightly swollen lips farther down. Tiffany knows she probably looks about the same.

                All Tiffany’s lust and alcohol clouded brain will allow her to get out is a breathy, “Jessica…”

                The sound causes Jessica to dig her nails into Tiffany ribs, before her lips go straight to Tiffany’s neck. The feeling of Jessica’s mouth on her dispels whatever rational thoughts Tiffany had before. Sloppy kisses, and bites are peppered all over Tiffany’s neck, and all she can do in response is let out hushed, breathy sounds.

                After more than a minute Jessica looks up and meets Tiffany’s gaze, “I want you.” She says in a voice saturated with lust.

                Tiffany’s silent; her body willing her to give in, but her mind telling her that something isn’t right.

                “We can’t.” Tiffany says in a regretful tone.

                “Is something wrong?”

                Tiffany racks her brain for an answer. Something is definitely wrong, but she doesn’t know what. “Just… Just come to my room. Hold me tonight. That’s all I want.”

                Disappointment is evident in Jessica’s expression, but she nods none the less. “Alright.”

               

                When they get to the bedroom Tiffany doesn’t even bother changing. She just kicks off her shoes and lies in bed. Jessica follows suit; climbing in behind Tiffany and getting as close to her as possible.  Tiffany feels Jessica’s hand snake under her shirt, and immediately stiffens. But she merely pulls Tiffany closer before resting the hand on her stomach. The feeling of gentle warmth around her is incredibly comforting. In minutes Tiffany drifts into a peaceful sleep.