Snacks - August 8th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

Slight!office AU.

 

Baekhyun had invited Kyungsoo to his house, to watch some movies, and when the man said ‘okay’, his face was filled with so much joy.

 The memory of that face was what stopped Kyungsoo from cancelling. Even now, at Baekhyun’s door, something inside of him was screaming to go back home, but he just couldn’t.

Baekhyun was just so pitiful. He had just moved into town, and had no other friends aside from Kyungsoo. The man often complained that he hated being alone in his apartment with nothing to do, and if Kyungsoo cancelled, he’d probably be sad.

Fighting off his evil side, and thinking of this as some sort of charity work, he rang the doorbell.

“Hi! You came!”

Baekhyun answered right away, almost as if he was only a few steps from the door, waiting for the bell to ring.

“Hi.”

Kyungsoo answered, with not nearly half of the enthusiasm Baekhyun showed, and sounding a little bit creeped out.

“Come in, come in!”

The other didn’t seem bothered by that though, rushing him inside.

“You’re right on time, I just finished putting the snacks out.”

Baekhyun cheered, pointing to the mess in front of the TV. On a small coffee table, more than 30 different snacks were carefully organized. And as Kyungsoo waked closer, he saw that there were some more that didn’t fit the table, and were placed on the ground beside it.

“Man, who else did you invite, the entire office?”

He couldn’t help but ask, feeling overwhelmed by all the food present. His little comment seemed to bring concern to the other’s face though.

“No. Why? Did you think I should have invited everyone else? Was I being rude just asking you?”

Baekhyun was almost starting to panic. He had been working hard to befriend his coworkers – even though most didn’t seem to care for him – and he didn’t want someone thinking badly of him.

“No, no! Calm down. I just thought that is a lot of food, that’s it.”

Kyungsoo said, causing the other man to relax immediately.

“Oh, thank god!”

Baekhyun sighed, and then continued with a smile.

“I exaggerated a bit because I didn’t know what you liked. Don’t worry, what we don’t eat today, I’ll eat over the week! I love snacks!”

The man was cheerful again, and Kyungsoo smiled a bit. Even though that giddy personality annoyed him to hell’s end, he was happy that the crisis was averted. The last thing he needed was Baekhyun crying. Then he’d really regret not having cancelled.

 

The End. 424 Words.