Musicality - April 23rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

College AU.

 

Sehun was completely late for his first class of the day, and he was moving as fast as he could through the campus to get to it. He took every shortcut he knew existed, and even invented a few new ones, travelling through bushes to cut time. He didn’t care if he looked messy, he just needed to be there.

But as his clock beeped, the boy realized his time was up, and he wasn’t even half way there yet. Even if he ran, his teacher wouldn’t let him in. The old man was so annoying, he didn’t allow tardiness at all. Why did the university had to have the student housing so far away from the main buildings?

Sighing, Sehun started walking, now trying to leave the trees and bushes and go back to a path, already thinking of what would he do with that now free period. He decided to go to the library, which was actually in the other direction, so he stopped on his tracks, and turned around. Going back to the green bits, he walked slowly, taking in the surroundings.

He had no idea there was so much vegetation on campus. And through a few spots, he could actually see nice areas, with benches and decorations. Probably resting areas for the students. Suddenly he didn’t want to go to the library anymore, he decided to stay around there. Moving a little faster now, he went to the closest bench he could see.

But right before he left the bushes completely, he heard a sound. A very beautiful sound, that made him slow down and then stop. Someone was playing a violin, and it was very close to him.

He looked around carefully, trying not to made a noise, because he didn’t want to startle whoever it was. Around the corner of a tree, a few meters away from the bench, there was a guy, with his back facing Sehun. He was the one playing, and he seemed to be alone, as the boy didn’t see anyone else.

Sehun looked at the bench close to him, seeing the case of the instrument laying there. He took a good look, and in a handkerchief close to the case, he discovered a name.

“Minseok…”

He whispered, unconsciously. He was fascinated, and the music was so beautiful, that he was afraid to show himself, thinking the man would stop if he did. So he just stood there, listening.

 

The End. 409 Words.