Best Birthday Ever [ChoMi]

blue_periwinkle's Dumpster of Drabbles and Oneshots [UPDATED ft. NAPINK:)]

Summary:

Bomi thinks her birthday will be just like any other day, but Chorong won’t allow that to happen.

Pairing(s):

main!ChoMi, side!OT6

Genre(s):

fluff

Word count:

1214 words

Published on:

August 9th, 2014

A/N:

Early birthday present for our stupid gorilla! Still so early, but happy birthday Yoon Bomi! :D

 


 

Bomi always believed that the moment she signed the contract that bounded her with the entertainment industry, she would never have any more of a normal girl’s freedom, such as shopping freely, normal sleep cycle, and most importantly, she would never celebrate her birthday again.

Sure, her family, friends, and seniors would all congratulate her for being a year older, but then, nothing else would happen. There would no longer be blowing candles, cutting cakes, opening gifts, and smearing creams on your friend’s face. They would all be replaced by schedules, schedules, schedules, and more schedules. Oh, the irony.

And she knew she was right, or probably too right as she was greeted by Kung Fu Panda-unnie first thing in the morning, telling her to get ready for her schedule at Weekly Idol. She wasn’t mad, though. She knew this was to be expected now that A Pink had significant popularity in South Korea. With mixed emotions, she left the dorm early in the morning, getting ready for another day full of schedules and monotone activities, despite it being her birthday today.

Today was slightly different, though, because her beloved Chorong-unnie was still asleep when she was about to leave. Strange, she thought, no matter how early, Unnie always wake up before I do.

The rest of the day was just as she expected it to be. She was greeted by her two seniors at Weekly Idol, Jung Hyungdon and Defconn, greeting her a very happy birthday and even prepared a small cake to celebrate the happy day together. There was no other guest today, and Bomi thought it was not unusual. It’s not like Weekly Idol had guest every time.

After the recording, she was also greeted by the other staffs and cameramen congratulating her on being a year older than yesterday. Bomi would only smile and bow and mutter a small ‘thank you’ before skimming her way through the slightly crowded studio all the way to her dressing room. There, Kung Fu Panda-unnie greeted her with an unreadable smile, “Bomi-ah, the rest of your schedule for today had been cleared out.”

“What?” Bomi’s eyes widened, “what happened?”

“I don’t know, but think of it as a birthday present from the CEO,” the older woman grinned all too suspiciously, “come on, let’s get you to the dorm.”

 

All the way to A Pink’s dorm, numerous thoughts ran in the ombre-haired girl’s head. Why are my schedules cancelled? Why wasn’t Chorong-unnie awake this morning before I left? Why hasn’t Kung Fu Panda-unnie greet me a happy birthday?

Her suspicions rose even higher when her manager walked slower than her as they returned to A Pink’s dorm. She usually always walk ahead of her. Are the members and Kung Fu Panda-unnie planning something on my back? This is getting more and more suspicious…

And when she opened the door, she was greeted by a loud ‘pop’ sound coming from a party pooper.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOON BOMI!”

Bomi blinked.

Blinked.

Blinked.

And blinked.

“Wha-”

“Happy birthday, Gori-Mi!” Eunji greeted loudly, her voice thick with her infamous Busan accent, “hope fo’ ya to ‘ave a nice one!”

The two maknaes approached her next. “Bomi-unnie, happy birthday!” Namjoo said gleefully, “I wish you, our sub-unit, and A Pink as a whole a great success for the rest of this year, next year, and many more to come!”

“Unnie, here’s our present for you. Namjoo-unnie and I made it ourselves,” Hayoung smiled while handing the still-surprised Bomi a small blue box, “I hope you have a great day today and for more to come!”

Naeun smiled slightly as she handed her present, a long, black present box, “happy birthday, Bomi-unnie. This present is from me and Eunji-unnie. I hope you like it and have a great day ahead.”

And finally, it was Kung Fu Panda-unnie’s turn, “I don’t know what to give you for your birthday since the other member must’ve gave you the things you wanted, right?” she sighed, “so the only thing I could do was beg the CEO to clear your schedule for the rest of the day. Sure, the effects will be pricey, but I think it’s worth it. You’ve always been a hard worker, Bomi-ah,” she grinned and shook the birthday girl’s hand, “anyway, happy birthday, Bomi-ah. I didn’t say it at the studio because I want to say it here. Have a good day today!”

Bomi nodded stiffly. This was too overwhelming for her, the way their dorm had been decorated showed that they had been planning this for a long time and executed it during the small period of time she was away from the dorm. They even had a big cake for her, complete with 22 lit candles and a miniature of a chibi-version of her wearing a gorilla clothes. But most importantly, there was Chorong beside the cake, flashing her a cute, gentle.

“Happy birthday, Bbom-ah,” she whispered, “Make a wish and blow those candles, baby.”

Bomi smiled as she closed her eyes. I wish that A Pink’s bond will never shatter.

Fluttering her eyes open, the second oldest found herself surrounded by all the people she loved, and with a rejuvenated energy, she put off all of the candles in a single blow of wind and everyone else cheered, “ONCE AGAIN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOMI!”

 

The party lasted until midnight, and what started as a party amongst A Pink members turned into a full-scale party involving every member of Cube United, including 4Minute, B2ST, and BTOB members. Once everyone left, though, the once clean dorm of A Pink became a disastrous mess that would require strong-willed hearts to clean.

“Well,” Bomi sighed, everyone else except her and Chorong had all went to sleep, “I guess we’ll have to clean this tomorrow…”

Chorong giggled, “It seems to be that way,” she said before walking towards her girlfriend and engulfed her into a hug, “happy birthday, Bbom-ah.”

“Thank you, Chorong-unnie.”

The older girl pulled away slightly and pressed her lips against Bomi’s, “what do you think of the surprise party?”

“It was… really shocking,” Bomi giggled, “I almost thought I was dreaming.”

“Dreaming? Why?” Chorong almost broke the hug. The ombre-haired girl sighed, “I thought today would be just like any other ordinary day. Since, you know, I had schedules and all that…”

“I won’t let that happen,” the black-haired girl smiled, “your birthday is a very special day for me, so of course it has to be different from usual days.”

“Your special day? Why?”

“Because on August 13th, twenty two years ago,” the leader whispered, “God gave this world a beautiful angel named Yoon Bomi.”

Bomi blushed. Her girlfriend was being super cheesy and that was really unusual.

“And also,” Chorong smirked, “I’m the only one who hasn’t give you anything as a gift, right?”

The younger girl raised an eyebrow, “didn’t you plan this entire party? I think that’s already a huge gift-”

“It’s not special enough,” the older girl breathed out, “my personal gift has to be more special than this.”

“What do you-”

“For the entire night,” Chorong whispered as she her lips seductively, “I’m all yours, baby. That’s your gift.”

And Bomi knew at that moment that today was the best birthday she ever had.