Indirect Kisses [EunYeon]

blue_periwinkle's Dumpster of Drabbles and Oneshots [UPDATED ft. NAPINK:)]

Summary:

Jiyeon becomes self-conscious with the amount of accidental indirect kisses she shares with Eunjung in just one day. The thing is, are they really just accidents?

Pairing(s):

main!EunYeon

Genre(s):

romance

Word count:

720 words

Published on:

August 8th, 2014

 


 

*thoughts are written in bold*

OMG, it happens again! Jiyeon squealed in her head as she watched her crush drinking water from the same bottle she used just now. That’s like the fifth time this afternoon!

Ever since she woke up this morning, the dino maknae felt like her heart was going to jump out of her ribcage. Why wouldn’t she? Seeing how Ham Eunjung, her long-time crush, suddenly acting out of her usual cool self and… who knows what happened? Definitely not the not-so-unlucky victim, Park Jiyeon.

It all began when she ate her lasagna with a spoon Jiyeon used seconds before her, and then when they went to do their makeup, the short-haired girl used the same lip-gloss the younger used (she even made a loud ‘pop’ sound as a sound effect!), next she kissed Hyomin’s dog, Yeongmini, that Jiyeon also had just kissed before her! The list went on and on and it had only been just a day, less even, and the youngest was beginning to feel really self-conscious, especially since Eunjung didn’t show any sign of stopping. Heck, she probably didn’t realize what she did anyway!

“Hyomin-unnie…” she called softly, afraid that her crush might hear her. Hyomin turned her head while still sipping her drink from the straw, “yes?”

“E-Eunjung-unnie…” Jiyeon could feel her cheeks reddened, “s-she seemed weird t-today…”

“Really?” the older girl glanced at the short-haired girl and shrugged, “I don’t see any difference with her style today-”

“Duh, not the style!” the taller girl groaned lowly, “like, her actions! Don’t you see anything out of ordinary?”

“Hm…” Hyomin began examining the oblivious Eunjung closely, “well, for once, she seems to be a bit fidgety…”

“What?” Jiyeon glanced at her crush and sure enough, the short-haired girl was a bit fidgety, which was quite unusual for the usually calm and cool Eunjung, but that wasn’t what she mean, “she also seemed to do something else, right, Hyomin-unnie?”

“Hey, you two,” the two whipped their heads up to meet Qri’s curious eyes, “what are you two doing being all whispery and such?”

“Ssh, Qri-unnie, not so loud!” Jiyeon tried to hush her. “We were just discussing about someo- something.”

“Oh, do you mind if I join?” the leader smiled, and upon receiving a curt nod from Hyomin, sat down, “so, what’s up?”

“Our maknae here thinks something’s up with your roommate,” Hyomin whispered nonchalantly, “do you think Eunjung’s kind of acting weird today? I do think she seems out a bit…”

Qri let out a small giggle, “like, she keeps on having indirect kisses with our JiJi?”

Jiyeon choked on her own saliva, “h-how do you-”

“Oh come on, it’s so obvious that she kept on doing that,” the redhead laughed, “in fact, she did that so often I was starting to think that maybe she knows what she was doing.”

“Y-You think so?”

“Positive,” Qri winked at her dongsaeng, “maybe if you talk to her about it, something fun is going to happen, JiJi,” she whispered before standing up, “alright guys, come on! Let’s continue our practice!”

And all Jiyeon could think of during the entire practice was Qri’s words.

Maybe they weren’t accidents?

 

Jiyeon decided to confront Eunjung that night, “Eunjung-unnie…”

The called girl looked towards her, her hand hanging on top of her room’s doorknob, “yes?”

“I-uh… c-can I t-talk to you f-for a moment…?”

Eunjung scratched her head before giving the maknae a small nod, “make it quick, Ji. I want to sleep.”

“O-Okay…” Jiyeon shuffled her feet, a sign of nervousness, “I-I was just w-wondering if y-you, uhm…”

Eunjung stared at her with an unreadable look, and Jiyeon decided to screw this and bluntly asked, “Did you do all those indirect kisses on purpose?”

The maknae thought her brain was playing tricks on her eyes because she could swear she saw the corner of the short-haired girl curved upward, “what if,” the older girl leaned in, “you’re right?”

Jiyeon’s breath hitched, but she managed to say, “w-why?”

“Because,” Eunjung smirked, “then maybe I could taste the real deal.”

And their lips connected in a passionate way.

Well, Jiyeon thought, this is indeed fun.

 

The two girls, however, weren’t aware of another presence hiding behind the kitchen wall, smiling to herself as she peeked at the kissing girls.

You gotta thank me later, Eunjung.