WHY DOES HE NEED TO KNOW?

Just Admit It, I Know You Love Me

 Doctor: Yes, three weeks already.

After recovering from the shock of the doctor’s news, Hebe and Aaron stood in the hall, speechless, for another 5 minute. The doctor didn’t know what to do as he gestured his existence.

Hebe: Oh, sorry! Can we go visit her now?

Doctor: Yes, you can. She just woke up a few minutes ago.

Aaron: Thank You.

Doctor: Also, seeing that you are her friends and care about her much, please encourage her to get more rest and reduce stress. Her condition is very unstable right now, if she not does take care of herself well, it will not be good for neither her nor the baby.

Hebe: We will, definitely!

Doctor: And perhaps you guys can contact the father? I saw her registration papers state her as single, but from a professional view, I would suggest the father to be here.

Aaron: Er, we’ll try that too. Thank you so much!

Doctor: Well, that’s all. Bye bye.

Hebe: Bye doctor.

Aaron: Wow, this is definitely a shock.

Hebe: I knew there was something troubling her! Or else she wouldn’t have thrown herself at all that work. It doesn’t fit with her easy-going/happy character. I should’ve have known! And how could she hide such a big thing!

Aaron: Um, I guess Prince is in big trouble.

Hebe: I’m telling you, ever since she met that friend Prince of yours, her life has turned miserable. And to think that girl Michelle insulted her like that before while she endured all this!

Aaron: I’m just surprised that everything turned out like this. And they thought they could forget it and move on.

Hebe: Well, that’s definitely not happening.

-Hospital Room-

Gui: Hey guys! Geez, aren’t we friendly with the hospital these days. Last time it was you and now it’s me!

Hebe: Missy, don’t you try acting cheerful with me.

Aaron: Gui, the doctor already told us.

Gui’s face immediately sank into a sad expression.

Gui: Oh.

Hebe: Oh? Just Oh? How could you hide something like that from me?

Gui: How was I supposed to say it? I only found out about it about a week ago. And I was eventually going to tell you, I just didn’t want to say it on the phone.

Aaron: You knew, and you still scheduled your filming so fully!

Hebe: So what are you going to do now?

Gui: I don’t know. I really don’t.

Aaron: Is it… Prince’s?

Hebe: Aaron! Of course it is! Gui isn’t that kind of messed up girl.

Aaron: I know, but I had to ask. Because what I’m going to ask now is, when are you going to tell Prince?

Gui: When? I don’t know if I’m going to tell him at all.

Hebe: What are you talking about? Of course you have to tell him. If you don’t, what are others going to think when there’s no man to take the responsibility? You’re an actress for god’s sake. How will the public view this??? And he’s no getting away with this so easily, it was his fault to begin with.

Aaron: Unless… You don’t plan on doing what I’m thinking are you? The only way to solve this without telling Prince.

Hebe: What?

Aaron: An abortion?

Gui: No ,no! Well, I’ve thought about it, but that’s so cruel to the baby.

Hebe: Good, at least you still have some sense.

-Michelle and Prince at Lunch-

Michelle: You know, you aren’t really convincing me that there’s nothing going on between you and that girl Gui.

Prince: How many times do I have to tell you? There’s nothing going on, she’s just a friend. And we were drunk that time. What do you want me to do?

Michelle: What do you want me to do? I want you to stop being so nice to her, stop being the first one to reach her when she faints, stop giving her any hope or being around her. But can you do that?

Prince: Alright, fine. I’ll stop talking to her, then. Okay?

Michelle: And What if she sticks on to you?

Prince: I think your exaggerating all this. She’s not that kind of person.

Michelle: And here you go, defending her again!

Prince: Fine, I’ll keep my distance from her.

Michelle: Thank You.

Prince: You know, you’ve really changed.

-THE NEXT DAY-

Hebe and Aaron let Gui rest the night before without discussing much more with her. They came up to pick her up after she was discharged along with Danson, since he was also fully recovered. Aaron drove them all to Hebe’s house to drop off Danson and then decided to stay at Hebe’s house to eat breakfast since it was a hassle to cover up and go outside. Danson ended up going back to his jobbing after changing into a fresh suit.

Hebe: You know, you really have to tell him.

Gui: But he’s so happy right now.

Aaron: That’s true. This will probably throw a huge blow at Prince and Michelle’s relationship.

Hebe: Aaron! You’re not helping, at all!!

Aaron: Oh, sorry.

Hebe: Anyways, Gui, this does not concern only you. He’s the father, and he should be taking responsibility for this. You don’t have to go through all of this alone. You’ll always have us, but I think the one you really need is Prince.

Gui: But what’s the point? I’m not the person he loves. There’s nothing he’s able to do. And I’ll just be bounding him with this child.

Aaron: You’re so stubborn!

Hebe: And you can not think like that! It’s not your fault that this happen, and if someone really needs to take the blame, it should be him. So the truth is, he is actually bounding you with this child. Look at you!

Gui: Well I don’t know. Maybe I’ll talk to him later. Aaron, we should get back to the set.

Aaron and Hebe: WHAT?!?!??!

Gui: What?

Hebe: You’re still filming?

Gui: I have to. And better finish it quick before my stomach starts showing. After that I’d have to take a break or something.

Aaron: Boy, this girl is crazy.

Gui: Come on, Aaron! Duty calls! And you have scenes to shoot too!

Aaron: Alright, alright.

Hebe: You guys be safe, okay? Especially Gui, be careful please! And knowing your condition now, please don’t do anything reckless or too stressful. Aaron, please keep an eye on her!

Gui: Geez! Your more nagging that my mom.

Aaron: Hebe, don’t worry. I’ll look out for her.

Hebe: Okay. And speaking of which, you’re going to have to tell your parents eventually.

Gui: I’ll deal with that later.

Gui rushed out the door, followed by Aaron.

Hebe: That girl. (sigh) It must be so hard.

A minute later, the door bell ranged. Hebe thought it must have been Gui forgetting something. So she was surprised when she opened the door to see Mike.

Hebe: Mike! What are you doing here?

Mike : I finally finished all the shooting in Japan. And I have to talk to you.

Hebe: Talk to me?

-Pi Li MIT set-

Just after a few minutes after Gui and Aaron arrived, conveniently, Prince came to visit.

Aaron (whispers to Gui): This is your chance.

Aaron: Hey Prince, what’s up?

Prince: I just came to tell you that this weekend Michelle wants to go to the beach house and she told me to invite you too.

Prince’s obvious ignorance of Gui annoyed Aaron. In addition, Gui pretended to feel indifferent to Prince’s neglecting, when in reality, she was upset. It was so frustrating to see them act like that.

Aaron: Well, I’ll see about that later. Actually, Gui has something to say to you, don’t you, Gui?

Gui: Wait, what-

Aaron: Yes, of course she does. I have to go to the restroom. I’ll leave you two to talk.

Gui: Aaron, wait-

Aaron ran off immediately, leaving Gui and Prince stand in moments of silent awkwardness.

Prince: So… you wanted to talk to me?