Chapter 18

A Thousand Years

10 months later…

 

“And the winner is… you must be nervous right?” the MC asked both of them who were currently the candidates of today’s winner. Sunggyu nodded shyly as he told her that he was totally nervous. He was standing alone without the other members. Yeah, he released his own single titled 60 Seconds. Actually he created the lyrics and helped a little bit with the composition of his song.

He really wanted his song to be #1 in the chart. It was a song he made with his sincerity after all. Of course he hoped he could sing it as an encore in front of his fans, the ones that always supported him no matter what. His fans that… Oh, his eyes stuck at one of the crowded who waved their banners and name board of him. He even narrowed his eyes to see that figure clearer. But, he had no time because the MC suddenly called out his name.

“Kim Sunggyu, congratulation for winning #1 K-Chart this week. Would you give some speech, Sunggyu sshi?” the MC gave the microphone to Sunggyu. Sunggyu got it and he waved to all of his fans who came to watch his performance today.

“Wow, I’ve never expected to be #1 before but this is really happening to me. I would like to say thanks to my members and Woolim’s staffs who supported me and worked so hard, also encouraged me to do the best every time. Also my family and Inspirits… Actually there is a reason why I wrote this song. I just want to turn back the memories that had lost. Thank you so much. This song means so much to me. Once again thanks so much…” Sunggyu ended his speech and waved again to the fans.

“Please sing the encore. Once again congratulation, Kim Sunggyu sshi…”

That’s how he ended up singing his song as an encore and he saw someone familiar when he was singing the chorus. His eyes must have gone crazy since he saw that girl was there. Being in the crowd and enjoying the performance. It couldn’t be true; she said she wanted to erase her memories about him and vice versa. But how could she appear in front of him after losing contact for such a long time?

As he got off from the stage and was about to go his room, the other members ran and hugged Sunggyu for congratulating him. One by one hugged him and said such a touching speech like it was the first time of winning. Jiyoon also came to congratulate him. It wasn’t secret anymore that Jiyoon and Sunggyu had already declared their relationship a few months ago through the press conference. Of course if she was being asked, she felt happy for Sunggyu’s winning tonight. They hugged each other and left the other members who showed their cheesy stare.

“Chukae, Sunggyu Oppa…” she said cutely. No one could resist Jiyoon’s cuteness. They met accidentally at the café late at midnight and got to meet more often in some variety shows. Jiyoon innocently confessed her feeling and Sunggyu gave her a feedback. He got a lot of attack from 4 Minute’s fans through the SNS and hurriedly halted a press conference to clear things up.

 After they finished hugging, Dongwoo and Myungsoo came forward and whispered him something. “Hyung, how could you hug her oh gosh…” Dongwoo hit his own head. “Why?” Sunggyu asked them.

“Oppa, I have to go to my next schedule. I’ll call you later.” Jiyoon gave a slight peck to Sunggyu’s cheek and gently hit his shoulder. “See you…” she said. “Yes, be careful, Jiyoon ah…” Sunggyu smiled to her before he closed the door.

“Hyung, that’s not right…” Sungyeol sighed.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you guys? It’s not the first time you see this right?” Sunggyu giggled; he was about to sit down in front of the mirror to clean up his makeup when someone suddenly stood up right in front of him. Bringing a bouquet of flowers in her hands, she looked so stunning.

“Oppa, congratulation!” she gave the bouquet to Sunggyu. Sunggyu was still the same; he just gave his flat glare to a girl in front of him. “Yeah, thank you…” he replied, but no smile on his face.

“You’re so great on the stage just before. I watched you from the audience seats, didn’t you see me?” She smiled but it seemed like a fake smile after all.

“Do you remember? Our promise… You’re success to fulfill our promise so I come to see you. So, that’s your girlfriend, Oppa? Waa… she’s so pretty. Oppa, you changed so much since the last time we met. You’re getting mature and manly. It’s a relief…” she continued talking.

“By any chance, who are you?” it was the shocking question ever that Sunggyu had ever asked before. All of the members were also shocked by Sunggyu’s question just now.

Myungsoo stepped out, “Hyung, it Kelly ah, Kelly…” he showed disrespectfulness towards his hyung.

“I don’t get it. Did we know each other?” Sunggyu asked Kelly, then moved to the other members who got petrified all of sudden. “But, Hyung… we used to live together before. You love Kelly, right?” Sungyeol also stepped out.

“I don’t even know this girl. Who’s she? Kelly? I’m not familiar with this name…” Sunggyu turned back. He threw the bouquet of flowers to the sofa.

“Oppa, is that true that… that… you had already forgotten me? Oppa, but…”

“Aish, I’m so tired. Can you have this girl out from my room? I want to change and clean up my makeup…” Sunggyu said while entering the changing room.

“Hyung! How can you do this to Kelly?” Myungsoo yelled to Sunggyu but Sunggyu didn’t answer it anymore. “Ahaha, it’s okay Oppa. It was long time ago, so no wonder if Sunggyu Oppa doesn’t recognize me. It’s such a pleasure to know Sunggyu Oppa won and got a really beautiful girlfriend. Yeah, it was also an unexpected thing to know the six of you still remember me. Shall I go outside then?” she was being stuttered.

 So, Myungsoo ended up bringing Kelly outside. Sungjong and Hoya followed them while Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Sungyeol were still inside to interrogate Sunggyu with many questions.

The rest of the Infinite members didn’t have any schedule except for Sunggyu. So, Myungsoo, Hoya, and Sungjong brought Kelly to a café where they could talk freely with her. It was a nice wooden café with all wooden interior design. They were the only customer in that café.

“What happened actually during that time, Kelly ah? Why was Sunggyu Hyung being like that to you?” Myungsoo asked. Kelly smiled, but they totally couldn’t tell what she was hiding behind that smile.

“What promise, Kelly ah?” Sungjong also asked.

“Yeah, you weren’t there when we left your house to Seoul that time…” Hoya murmured. So now, all of them shot her with question bombs like this. She had no other choice but to explain what was happening that time.

 

***