Chapter 10

A Thousand Years

“Well, Hyoan and Jungryul Hyung are kicked out already, kekeke…” Sungyeol giggled as he closed the door and joined the members in the living room. Sungjong and Woohyun also came up with popcorn and hot chocolate for them all. Kelly sat between Sunggyu and Hoya on the sofa. Actually Sunggyu sat quite distanced with Kelly because somehow he felt jealous because Hoya sat next to Kelly and he put his arm around Kelly’s back; he was wiping Kelly’s arm to shoulder which Sunggyu didn’t know what was that for. And even worse, nobody seemed to care.

“So, what do you want to tell, Kelly? Anyway, are you alright? Tell us how you could faint while making Americano in the kitchen?” Sungyeol asked curiously. Hoya let go of his hand. He knew Kelly wanted to tell something so he wouldn’t disturb. He didn’t know Sunggyu glared, but Kelly knew. She smiled in the corner of her lips and held Sunggyu’s hand under her blanket so nobody knew.

“It may give you shock therapy but, I will be honest to you guys. You’re like my brothers so I can’t hide it any longer. Something you have to know…” Kelly looked at them one by one and then gave a slight sight to Sunggyu, he nodded.

“I didn’t faint while making Americano this noon. I felt depressed and frustrated so I tried to commit suicide by scratching the knife to my wrist. I was just… being so careless. I knew it wouldn’t make me died because I am immortal.”

Everybody was so quiet. They looked to each other, felt confused with Kelly’s words. Dongwoo opened his mouth, “Eungh, can you repeat again?” he asked behalf the others.

“She is not human.” Sunggyu made it clearer to understand.

“Wait, she’s not human? So, what is she?” Hoya looked at Kelly from head to toe. “I said I’m immortal, Oppa. That’s why I couldn’t die even I break my heart into pieces, I won’t die.” Kelly explained.

“You’re not human?!!?!?” Sungyeol was reacted too much and everybody became noisy.

“I can explain, oppa… please, don’t be scared of me…”

Sunggyu tried to make them silent again, “Listen to her first, you have to know this, guys…” Sunggyu said. Kelly was pleased to tell the full story of her and all of them stayed quiet to listen. Kelly told everything about her from the beginning until right now. No one of them interrupted her and seemed to believe with Kelly’s story because Sunggyu helped her to explain.

“Alright, so that’s why you only hang around with Sunggyu hyung?” Woohyun pointed at Sunggyu lazily.

“Something like that. Since you all know already, I don’t feel burden anymore…”

“You don’t have to feel like that. Although we’re different but we still regard you as our sister. It’s not a matter to us…” Sungyeol wisely said. Kelly smiled. “Don’t be scared with me please. I really don’t eat human. You can ask Sunggyu Oppa if you feel scared…” Kelly added while giggled.

“It’s quite hard to accept that you’re different with us and there is another world beside our world. It’s just something unacceptable.” Myungsoo also commented. “But sure, it won’t change our feeling towards you. You’re still our little sister who needs to be protected and we love you…” he said in a cool way and his speech was quite touched.

“Thank you, oppadeul.”

“So, there will be no reasons to commit suicide again, ok?” Sungjong talked about it again, surely made Kelly embarrassed.

“It’s too bad if she only stays in the dorm by herself. Despite, she already committed suicide today. We need to keep an eye of her for sure. She can’t be alone…” Sungyeol interrupted. “I won’t do it again, I promised.” Kelly grumbled.

“You’re getting bored day by day because you always are left alone. It makes you frustrated and mad easily. Remember when you blamed Sungjong? And me? Like almost every day…” Sunggyu gave a smirk. “Yeah, I feel bad. Sunggyu Oppa was my victim if I got angry. Oppa, sorry…” Kelly felt pity of herself.

“She almost threw that vase to Sungjong.” Sunggyu added, but Kelly just chuckled. “If you noticed, Sunggyu Oppa always bought a dozen of plate and a pillow everyday because of me. I know he felt tired and wanted to kick me out from this house. But he didn’t.”

“It’s ok, we will take charge to handle that matter.” Woohyun said.

“So, pillow, plates, liver, and… blood?” Dongwoo felt disgusting all of sudden.

“We will have break time during these weeks right? How about having vacation together?” Myungsoo asked. Sunggyu briefly glared to Myungsoo, “Vacation? She’s in a danger and you plan for a vacation?” he asked. Myungsoo laughed with no sound, “Sorry hyung…”

“If we can take care of her and protect her well, isn’t it fine?” Woohyun seemed to have an idea.

“As long as you can fight,” Kelly winked slyly. “What fight? I do Taekwondo. Black-belt.” Hoya stood up suddenly to show his strong muscles. “We can fight, except Sungjong.” Sungyeol teased the maknae who was innocently eating popcorn.

“Look, I won’t take any risks outside.” Sunggyu shook his head to show them his total disagreement.

“Oh come on, the chucks? It’s not like we can’t fight them. We’re human, aren’t we?” Sungyeol bravely said. He looked so confident. “Don’t they have any weakness?” Myungsoo asked.

“Well, I’m not sure. But I guess yes. Let’s plan this.” Kelly told.

“Oh yeah! Vacation!!!”

 

***