Chapter 5

Pushover[SEMI-HIATUS]>.

 

JR's POV

I spend most of lunch ignoring Ren's happy babbling. I don't know how he's so cheerful. His parents abandoned him when he was twelve, leaving him at an orphanage. For two years, he'd skipped from foster home to foster home until he found his older sister, who he'd gotten split up with. She died, leaving him with debts. Now he works late-night shifts at a fast food restaurant. He lives in a very crappy place...and even though I invited him to live with me and the rest of the gang...he refuses.

 

“Earth to JR!” Ren waves his hand in front of my face. "We're playing truth or dare. It's your turn. Truth or dare?”

 

“Huh? Dare.” I reply. Ren looks at me approvingly.

 

“Go tell Hyori you like her.” Baekho says with a devilish grin. “I bet she'll faint.”

 

“Either that or she'll you right on the spot.” Minhyun adds. Ren gives Minhyun his WTH look, and Minhyun laughs. Aron, who was asleep before, wakes up.

 

“What did I miss?” He asks groggily.

 

“JR's gonna confess to Hyori.” Baekho coos while fluttering his eyelashes. Aron laughs.

 

“This should be funny.”

 

I get up and sigh. I could feel the gang watching me as I start forward toward Hyori's table. She's one of the annoying popular girls who practically faints every time I walk by. A thought pops into my head. I smile deviously. This is going to be fun. My phone vibrates in my pocket. Pulling it out I saw it was a message from Aron.

 

From: Kwak Aron

To: Kim Jonghyun

wut r u waiting 4? go!!!! ;D

 

Four exclamation points and a smiley face? If only you knew what I'm planning to do to you...Smiling to myself, I walk over to the popular girls' table.

 

Hey Hyori!” I greet her casually. She giggles. Bleh.

 

H-hey JR-oppa” She said in an annoying high-pitched voice.

 

Aron sent me over here, he told me to tell you he really likes you. He said that he wants to meet you at seven at the Panda Cafe.” I said, trying not to laugh. Hyori faints. She scares the hell out of me I swear. I look back to my table. Minhyun's handing Baekho some money. Looks like they did bet. I walk back to our table smiling...now...just need to get Aron to the Panda Cafe. Bribing him with food is my best choice...It's not that hard now that I think about it...and anyways he's taken a sudden interest in girls, saving that one. Really, he should be thanking me.

 

REN’s POV

I’m hanging out with my hyungs. I wish they would monitor their language…Aish…-_-

“…Anyways, if you wouldn’t mind, Aron-hyung…” JR says. This can’t be good. JR doesn’t say “Aron-hyung” unless he’s really tired, passing out (And yes, we’ve had that situation before), or trying to make Aron-hyung do something weird.

“I was forced into this blind date…But you see…I’m not the type to get into relationships…” JR continues. Aish. Is he pouting? ONLY I POUT HERE. I’m thoroughly disturbed.

“And you seem to be the man in this group…So I was wondering…”

“Is there going to be free food involved?” Aron-hyung gets right down to business. He has no sense of suspicion.

“Of course, hyung…” JR tries his best at laughing and doing aegyo. Aish. The nerve of this guy. To steal the all-important aegyo role of the maknae is a criminal offense.

“Erm…Sure!” Aron-hyung replies. So gullible. I want to tell him how stupid he is, but truthfully I want to see how this little “blind date” goes. ^_^

ARON’s POV

It’s time for the blind date. I decide to put on a red sweatshirt and tan cargo pants. I ruffle up my hair and sigh. At least there’s food involved.

JR enters my room and pats me on the back, motioning to follow him. We get in his car and he takes me to the Panda Café. As we enter, JR tells me he needs to go to the bathroom. I nod and head over to an unoccupied table. After about 5 minutes JR still hasn’t come out of the men’s room. I’m about to go and see if he’s okay when Hyori walks in.

“ARON-OPPA!” Hyori shrieks while back-hugging me. She drags me over to a table. Don’t tell me…THIS CREEPY PERSON IS MY DATE?! I send death glares to the door of the men’s room. From the corner of my eye I spot JR escaping from the door. Hyori follows my gaze and spots JR as well.

“Oh, JR-oppa! He told me everything!” Hyori coos. “It was so sweet of him to do that.”

“Do what?” I ask, confused.

       “Oh, you don't have to be so shy, Aron-oppa." Hyori bats her eyes. So.....creepy. “ I know you like me.” She leans closer to me.
       “I do?” I scoot my chair farther away from her. I'm thoroughly confused. My thoughts wander to lunch. I remember JR's smile. Wait, he called me Aron-hyung. He never calls me that. I mentally slap myself. Hyori moves closer to me.
       “Hyori, I really have to go.” I say hurriedly.
       “Why?” she asks.
       “Umm...My dog's sick, I have to take him to the vet.” Great...now I have an imaginary dog.
       “Oh.” Hyori looks down with a disappointed face. Then, as if she just got a great idea, a smile appears on her face. I'm very scared.  “Well, bye then Aron-oppa.” She moves closer, closing her eyes, Wait, is she going to KISS ME?! I stand up quickly. She opens her eyes and looks confused.
       “Bye Hyori, I really have to go.” I say, walking quickly out of the cafe.
       “Umm...sure Aron-oppa...maybe another time!” Hyori calls after me. I act as if I don't hear her and run to the nearest bus stop. Pulling out my phone, I climb on the first bus I see, not caring where it goes. I dial JR's number. He picks up on the first ring.
       “Had fun on your date?” JR asks in a mocking tone.
       “I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!” I yell into the phone. The people beside me look at me strangely. JR chuckles.
       “Jeesh, I was just trying to help you. Since you've taken a sudden interest in girls you know.”
       “You're dead” I growl. JR just laughs again. I hang up.
Turns out I took the right bus.  I get over to the place where our gang lives. The door is unlocked as always, so I let myself in. It's a house, normal sized, with five small bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. The gang is probably in the living room watching a movie or something. I have to walk through the living room to reach my room. I sigh, better get their teasing over with. I walk into the room.

“Aron-hyung, you're back!” Ren yells as I enter the room. Beakho, JR and Minhyun barely look up from their movie. Well maybe not. I walked through the room, JR shoving me when I walked in front of the screen. I was almost at my room, when the phone rang. Since everyone else was watching the movie I picked it up.

“Hello this is Mrs. Kwak, Aron's mom, may I talk to Aron please?”

“Hey, Mom.” I said.

“Oh hello Aron, I was just calling to remind you of your annual trip to L.A, as last year you forgot. We bought the tickets and are sending you your flight info via email. We'll be waiting for you. And she hangs up. What they bought the tickets? Already? The was no way I was getting out of visiting them this year.

My laptop beeps. I opened it and saw it was an email from mom. I was leaving in two weeks, just a month before break. And WHAT?! I was coming back SIX WEEKS LATER. FRIGGIN SIX WEEKS!!!! SCHOOL EXITS YA KNOW!!!!!! My parents were such idiots. The gang was gonna kill me.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So here's chapter 5. Meh. Took so long to write. Also it's way longer then the other ones, so yay I guess.